The Sword of Islam 0.5.0 Discussion

Is there any chance of the Byzantine unit line being rearranged so that they get horse archers instead of horsemen, a la MTW2?

Yeah, the Vardariotai are kick-ass in MTW2, but 'pedia says they were actually rather insignificant to the Byzantine military. Horse archery is a Turkic and Mongol theme in SOI, Ajmer being the exception to the rule.

Byzantines can get Horse Archers through the Mercenary system, and they get a dedicated merc type for it.

Sounds like we need a 0.5.1 release?

Since I want to make sure everything is fixed & balanced for 1.0, I guess we can go with a quick release cycle now. I'll upload 0.5.1 in the upcoming days, and then 0.5.2 if needed.

One of my great persons [not settled] joined an enemy force. How is a great person considered a military unit that can defect?

I once flipped a Great Engineer who was travelling along the Silk Road. Made it very easy to get build my first wonder!

Do you plan to make a playable Cilicia, Delhi Sultanate, Bahmani Sultanate and Portugal?

By design. Some of these civs are just respawns of older civs, or serve as scripted invaders, or buffers between the player and edge of the map.

Sword of Islam 0.5.1:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sword-of-islam/files/Sword of Islam 0.5.1 Setup.exe/download

Not starting a new thread since nothing really changed from 0.5.0 in terms of game mechanics. Saves are not compatible, however.

- Fixed an issue with some units having their upgrade paths disabled
- Fixed Georgian UHV3 to count Barbarians but not Rebel civs as non-Christian states
- Added Special Abilities information to Mercenary Manager
- Optimized some Mercenary Event Manager routines
- Changed the AI to not use siege machines for exploration
- Updated Armenian and Seljuk settler maps
- Updated the Armenian flag
- Added a new Ashot leaderhead, based on Barbarossa by melcher kürzer
- Added new unit art for Monaspa Lancer (Bakuel/edead)
- Fixed some see-through issues with Late Crusading Knight and Hospitaller Canon unit art

Yeah! I was waiting for this release before starting to play SoI again. Sadly I don't have time to do it on the weekend..:sad:

HI, Great mode..I really enjoy playing it (I've tried only byzantine so far), and i encountered 2 small bugs so far ( at least i think its bug):
1. I cannot "use" relic "banner of faith" - i can walk it around the map but it cannot join the city (other relics work fine)

2. After disbanding both of my mercenary units I'm still paying 6 gold for them (those 2 units were long time in my service, i disbanded them after at least 100 turns sitting in some quiet city)

P.S. version 0.5.1

HI, Great mode..I really enjoy playing it (I've tried only byzantine so far), and i encountered 2 small bugs so far ( at least i think its bug):
1. I cannot "use" relic "banner of faith" - i can walk it around the map but it cannot join the city (other relics work fine)

That's not a bug - as Byzantium, a Christian civ, you can only use Christian relics. The Holy Banner is a Muslim relic. You can sell/trade it to a Muslim civ.

2. After disbanding both of my mercenary units I'm still paying 6 gold for them (those 2 units were long time in my service, i disbanded them after at least 100 turns sitting in some quiet city)

What does the mercenary screen show? Does it show the -6 gold and the units as hired? Can you post a screenshot and/or a save?

051 mercs before.jpg

051 mercs.jpg

my bad, but there is still a bug. After I loaded 2 different saves to check, here is what i got: first, I had 2 mercenary units (4+3 gold) but maintenance for them was wrong (13 gold). After i disbanded these 2 units I'm still paying 6 gold (for nothing). note: I had few other mercenary units before, but i lost them in battle.

I hope it helps...

I just checked all my saves (I dont have a lot of them , maybe 10 for whole game), and there is interesting thing... In early saves there was difference of 2 gold between "'total mercenary maintenance" and real sum. In mid game saves that difference goes to 4, and in late game its 6. And I havent hired any cheaper units.

Top Bottom