The Three Powers Modern World Scenario

MatteLeDog said:
Looked at it in the editor, looks good :) Don't know about the idea of having the EU as one civ though, but Japan should definitely be one civ, perhaps Pakistan could be left out? it's only two cities, maybe it could be joined by Iran in some Asian Islamic Alliance or something like that. And I'm curious about the craters, what do they signify?

Yes, it's veery Euro-centric

Pakistan combined with Iran. That isn't very realistic. Instead, have Pakistan be its own civ.
I could make a good list of civs this afternoon.

when i say distorted, i mean geographically
the shape and form of the continents is quite a bit off
europe and africa are almost touching each other, and north america seems "bloaded"

but you're right the city placement and borders are nearly perfect

when i say distorted, i mean geographically
the shape and form of the continents is quite a bit off
europe and africa are almost touching each other, and north america seems "bloaded"

That was what I was referring to also, Europe is unrealisticly large, and North America also, especially in comparison with Africa. But since you can't make spherical worlds, a world map for civ3 will never be fully realistic, other world maps (based on other projections) tend to overemphasize the southern hemisphere instead. This world map certainly is good enough anyway. Oh and no complains on city placements or borders :)

as a scenario designer, i actually prefer civ3 maps that are "over-sized", especially when europe is enlarged some in comparison to the rest of the map. this is for a few reasons but the primary one is that the modder can "fit in" more cities for civis like Germany, France, Italy, etc.

besides gibraltar I mean... it's like the mediterranean was drained

I'd apply more of the Huntington's Clash of Civilitations theory. Japan should be separate, because it really doesn't have many allies in Asia. Europe shouldn't be so fractionized, the Eastern European Confederation is... well, funny idea. I'd make the Europe consisting of Continental Europe (France, Lowlands, Germany, Central and Eastern European states), Britain (you can possibly make the Eastern European part of Britain ;) ) and Southern Europe (Spain, Italy, Greece and so on).

Then, Russia seems to be too strong. Make their territory vast, but keep in mind their population and economic strenght isn't so big.

Top Bottom