The two most important decisions

it's the teams aim to unbalance it enough so that they can win.
Well said.:goodjob:

A bigger worry is, can the teams be created in a balanced fashion: no point ever bothering to balance the map if another MS turns up.
Another reason to make sure every team has multiple commited turnplayers before beginning the game... Better odds that teams don't become zombiecivs:borg:

If sequential will avoid the troubles i experienced in my few online games, like a player moved after my turn when he should have moved before then made 2 moves after my turn, i'm all for a sequential.

Tech trading on, so we can use some diplo.

What about a predefined VC?

If sequential will avoid the troubles i experienced in my few online games, like a player moved after my turn when he should have moved before then made 2 moves after my turn, i'm all for a sequential.

This can easily be avoided, as it's pretty obvious to monitor (reload in case of pb)...

Tech trading on, so we can use some diplo.

This is your opinion... trade OFF isn't diplo OFF.

What about a predefined VC?

This doesn't make much sense, as you can't happily go for space/culture/diplo in MP without being crushed by neighbours... you will have to crush them before having any chance to win :)

"You must win by culture"... "You must win by diplo"... not very fitting here imho

BTW, will the new game last until a VC is reached? I don't think so, but that won't spoil the fun for me. A VC sets the goal of the gameplay ofcourse.
The goal of this kind of game is always to acquire as much land and military as possible though. That's the means to whatever "ends" - be it cultural, space, diplomatic, etc. So a VC doesn't really set the goal of the gameplay at all - it'll always be war, alliances and backstabbing. As such, it's kind of pointless to "define" a VC everyone has to go for.

If you want a vote, you should make a poll.
But so:
I vote for sequence and tech trading.

I would say Simultaneous, I don't know how you would do Double moves.

Definitly have Tech Trading on.

I don't know how you would do Double moves.
One team waits until the end of their turn to move, hits "end turn", then moves again at the start of the next turn. In this way (e.g.) their Horse Archers get to move 4 tiles before the other team can respond... sometimes this may mean capturing a city before an opponent can even react.

But we'll have rules against double moves anyway, and they will be very obvious to detect and easy to remedy, so I don't see any potential for problems. And on the plus side, we get an average of 1-2 days (or less) between turns instead of closer to a week. :)

First - I know I was out quite early from the last game, last summer, was quite active early on but didn't keep up when it got to like 1 turn only a week. Missed the crazy drama that happened with my former team (Cavaleiros) later though...

I am interested in this, obviously why I'm here, and hope it could be fun. But this time I don't think I'll intend to be the most super-active/overanalyzing especially early on, though I'd love to contribute to some team (open to being persuaded which team, or more like I'll join one that seems to have the right balance of players/needs a player).

My opinions aren't too strong on these settings but my vote right now would be Simultaneous, for a faster game, and Tech Trading Off. But moreso than either I really oppose the setting "No tech brokering" so even if tech on is chosen, to add more to diplomacy (but I'm worried about locked alliances/some teams being totally in the dust like last time) I don't want "No tech brokering"

Anyway glad I caught this during sign-ups before it got too late, I'm thinking right now I'd be in and I'm sure it'll be fun.

Tech brokering is basically meaning you cannot trade away techs that You have ot researched, meaning on those techs you have researched are tradeable.
Im not at all sure what you mean by "trade":confused: or "techs":confused: or "researched" :p...

And what about my confusion about the meaning of "simultaneous turns" stuff:p? You forgot to explain that:p as well...:smug:

^^you can trade away the technologies you have researched. You can't broker the technologies you got via trades.

simultaneous: all teams play during the timer period, with no particular order. Turn ends when the timer is over OR all teams ended their turn.

sequential: there is a team order and a timer for each. team 1 has to end its turn or go over its timer before team 2 can do anything. So typically a sequential game can be very long.

I wonder how you voted previously if you are still confused with this :mischief: :p

^^you can trade away the technologies you have researched. You can't broker the technologies you got via trades.

simultaneous: all teams play during the timer period, with no particular order. Turn ends when the timer is over OR all teams ended their turn.

sequential: there is a team order and a timer for each. team 1 has to end its turn or go over its timer before team 2 can do anything. So typically a sequential game can be very long.

I wonder how you voted previously if you are still confused with this :mischief: :p
:lol: Ras and classy...

Im not at all sure what you mean by "technologies":confused::p And also, remember I mentioned that I was not sure what "trade" or "researched" :p meant, so I really don't understand your explanation...

Thanks for your explanation about the meaning of "simultaneous turns" :p, but unfortunately, I am not at all sure what you mean by "teams":confused: or "timer":p or "turn" :confused: You forgot to explain that:p as well...:smug:

As for your last question Ras... yes I wonder how I could do that as well;) Its very odd:mischief:

I would say you may as well put tech trading on as even when it is off teams can still find a way to co-operate through espionage.

I would also say simultaneous, this is a team game- presumably someone on a team should have access to a computer at some point soon after the turn starts if need be.

Top Bottom