The Vanir Confederation- A Federal Monarchy

OOC: Hmm , all of a sudden I drift out of these stories :/.
I understand that it is a Pass along story. But I would still need clarification and a time for me to pop in the story. I understand that I am currently writing my own RPG stroy for the time being. But I kind of felling left out from these stories :(. I understand that I am writing my own RPG story (Hmm, its not getting any responces), But I can use one of my Secondaty Characters to play the part untill I have returned from my RPG story.

CivGeneral steps off of his soap box

@CG - Got you in the next chapter :)

I messed up your last post somehow. I was trying to reply to it and I guess I clicked Edit by mistake. Didn't realize I was in your post until I finished, proofed my stuff and saved it. I deleted the post so it wouldn't be my post with your name on it. Sorry about that.

*Grandmaster sat reviewing the pile of papers that Rudy had left for him to sign. It was much smaller than he had been used to. With Vanir's forces nationalized there were no longer any considerations for troop supply and gold appropriations for the defense of Vanir. Of course there was now a rather hefty tax to support the national militia but overall he could see how the new system was more efficient.

It had caused problems though. His brother had taken his promotion and run with it. After only a few short months he had transformed the High North from a dangerous and weak territory to the safest and most secure area in Fanatika. Nationalization had not been good to the young general though. Despite Snow's obvious accomplishments and skill at mobilization and training of troops he had been forced to accept a demotion to Brigadier General in the newly organized Fanatikan North forces. Only CivGeneral's intervention had saved even that rank for him. The bigotry that had kept Snow at low ranks for most of his career was aparently alive and well in the Fanatikan command structure.

Fortunately Snow had been placed with CivGeneral's command. The two had a strong friendship from working together as generals of Vanir and CivGeneral was able to keep Snow's anger and disappointment in check. It was still festering though and both Grandmaster and CivGeneral feared that an explosion was imminent. CivGeneral was now departing on an extended journey and his second in command was a pompous fool named Bradigan who had more rank than skill. There was no love lost between Snow and his nobly born superior. Without CivGeneral there to keep the reigns tight, what would happen?

No matter how he imagined the scenario Grandmaster kept coming to the same conclusion. Bradigan would eventually go too far and Snow would either kill him or beat him within an inch of his life. Either way, Snow would be hanged for attacking his superior officer. Somehow Grandmaster needed to get Snow entirely out of the situation. He had tried to use his contacts to get Snow transfered but there was active resistance against this. Somebody high in the command structure wanted Snow exactly where he was.

Maybe a vacation? If he could get Shaitan to visit the Marillion for a holiday until CivGeneral returned that would solve the problem. No, that wouldn't work. Precisely because CivGeneral was away from his post, Snow would never take a leave of absence for something as trivial as a holiday. Something important then. Something family related maybe. Or Vanir related.

Grandmaster sat up abruptly and quickly rifled through one of the piles on his desk. Eureka! This was it. Süd-Besitz needed immediate attention and he could easily spin it so Shaitan was the best, if not only, man for the job. Baron gonzo had sent a missive saying that he was planning to visit in England, the homeland of his wife, and had hinted in broad strokes that this trip could be a preparation to permanently move there. If Süd-Besitz was preparing to abdicate, the Confederation needed know immediately. This was not something to be trusted in writing, most likely why gonzo had not done more than hint in his letter. A trusted and loyal Vanirian would have to be sent to consult with him. Someone who was attached to but not intimate with the Council. A certain Brigadier General Shaitan Snow fit the bill perfectly.

Grandmaster grabbed a fresh sheet of paper and quickly began writing to General Bradigan explaining that familial duties required Snow's presence at the Marillion immediately and he would also need to be excused from duty for an indeterminate amount of time. He signed the note with a flourish and put it on top of Rudy's pile. The castellan would add the embellishments and descriptors to politely let Bradigan know that noncompliance with Vanir's request would be dangerous for him.

Feeling almost smug with himself, Grandmaster left the rest of his work for later and went to his rooms to prepare for the arrival of The Right Honorable Sirius Hale.

* There is a commotion at the palace gates and Grandmaster looks out his window to see what is about. He sees his guardsmen in a tizzy, clapping the backs of a group of riflemen and ushering in a small cavalry contingent. At second glance he notices one of the cavalrymen carrying the standard of Sud-Bezits and at third glance he notices a large impecabbly dressed rider who can only be his half brother. Grandmaster quickly heads down to the grounds to welcome back his kin.

As Grandmaster exits the great doors of the palace, Shaitan Snow is handing his charger over to the Marillion grooms. He removes his saddlebags and guns and turns toward the grand palace and sees Grandmaster walking towards him. His face breaks into a grin and he hurries to reconoiter with his liege.

The two men meet and grasp hands but the formal embrace turns quickly into a battling bear hug until both men release, gasping for breath. *

Grandmaster: Well met, brother. I trust your mission was successful? In truth I was expecting you back much earlier and had begun to worry over your absence.

Snow: Well met indeed and I have bountiful tidings for you.

Grandmaster: Good news, I hope?

Snow: Some better than the rest but all in all not a foul pill to swallow. Come, let me whet my whistle and I shall relay all.

* Snow hands his weapons to his adjutant and the two Vanirians head into the Marillion. They relax in Grandmaster's study with a bottle of fine French wine and exchange toasts to King and country. *

Grandmaster: Come now, do you wish me to have a fit over my curiosity? Tell me what has transpired with Sud-Bezits.

Snow: Well, I can tell you how Sud-Bezits is right at this very moment. He is tired but comfortable and enjoying a fine glass of vino with close kin.

* Snow rises and removes his traveling cloak. As he walks to the wall to hang it up, Grandmaster sees that he wears the mantle of Sud-Bezits. Snow turns around after hanging up his cloak and smiles at the look of surprise on Grandmaster's face. *

Snow: Aye, brother. I am no longer a landless noble and the Confederation still stretches from the High North to the Summer Seas. Lord gonzo is a lord no longer. He named me his heir and abdicated his titles in my favor. You were quite right that his plans were to accompany his new wife to her homeland and make his mark there. Her family is powerful and nearly makes up for its lack of sons with its wealth. He has been made welcome there and is even now pursuing a high position in the English government.

Grandmaster: Do not take this wrongly for I am delighted at your good fortune, but why on earth did gonzo name you his heir? To my knowledge the two of you had never even met.

Snow: It was not so much for me as for our father. Sir gonzo had great respect and gratitude to our departed sire and, as he has no sons of his own, wished to honor Shaitan by honoring his son. He told me that my personal appearance was the cement on his decision. He viewed it as almost a divine providence.

Grandmaster: Then I am doubly glad I sent you instead of another. I can now guess what kept you so long as you must needs have solidified your power over Sud-Bezits. Is it wise for you to have returned yourself? I appreciate the visit but surely a message would have sufficed.

Snow: I had considered sending a herald but I could not resist coming myself to see that look on your face. (smiles) Plus, there is the matter of my army position. I am removing myself from the northern command as I have been offered and accepted overall command of the Rhineland and Hafen Land garrisons. I could not bear to miss telling that ass Bradigan in person that I now outrank him civily as well as militarily.

So, that is the meat of my news. Tell me what has been happening here in the frigid North. I need a bellyful of cold to keep me comfortable in my boiling new home.

* The conversation turns to common news, gossip and local happenings and the two men talk amiably into the night. *

In the The Marillion Library, Dr. Conrad Zimsky was looking at past Bloodlines of Vanir. Then he dicovers something.

Dr. Conrad: Look at this, I think I might found something

Librarian: Let me see. Hmm

Dr. Conrad: If My predictions are true, then CivGeneral might be a Long lost Relatve to one of the Bloodlines of Vanir.

Librarian: Thats nice, but he should have done that a long time ago when Vanir was young.

Dr. Conrad: I will not give up. I will Prove that CivGeneral is related to one of the Bloodline of Vainr. Even if there is a Distant Cousin kind of thing that is enough to prove the Bloodline.

Dr. Conrad runs throughout the The Marillion in search for CivGeneral. Dr Conrad runs into one of the Guards

Dr. Conrad: Excuseme, but can you tell me where CivGeneral is at, I need to show him someting important

Guard: He is in the Ballroom attending McNulty's...

Dr. Conrad: Thanks, sorry for rushing

Guard: That is ok

Dr. Conrad runs in the Halls of The Marillion in search of CivGeneral

Top Bottom