What do you want from a WoT MOD?

• Staying True to the Book

Votes: 61 37.9%
  • Game Play

Votes: 80 49.7%
  • JUST PUT IT OUT QUICKLY!!!

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
Well there already is a goat/ram head... Snake and octopus are something that I hadn't even thought of. I may do a snake head, not sure how an octopus would work out though.

The octopus could look something like a Malfera in D&D. I think, they have tentecles coming out their chin, maybe I'm thinking of something else. Not sure what use this would be for WoT though.

tjedge1 said:
The octopus could look something like a Malfera in D&D. I think, they have tentecles coming out their chin, maybe I'm thinking of something else. Not sure what use this would be for WoT though.

you're right, it wouldn't be much use to WOT.. I was just hoping to get some sort of mindflayer or Cthulhu out of the deal.

Ah, mindflayer not malfera. Malfera has an elephant trunk. That would be cool, I wouldn't complain.

Sorry I been away everyone. I was just extremely busy.

You guys are doing great! And Kinboat amazes me everytime. I belive that we should put all of our achievements together, in one single download, and then put this up for other people to download. This allows for someone to easily download, help out a bit, make a few changes, and then post it. This should take a little work off your backs, and would allow for a greater mod, since "everyone achieves more when they work together".

Those things look good Kinboat! ITs a pity that no seems to be working on this...

Sorry CamJH. I sure that this mod will come together. Its just that poeple get sidetracked for a bit... that all. Keep up the good work then.

Kinboat said:
not sure how an octopus would work out though.

the elder god Chtulu beckons you closer; you cannot resist the call of the elder gods

....oh dear... looks like I've been haging around Espy (a poster around these parts) too much. :(

It's all good JD. I even agree with you to an extent.
I hate to say it but I'm starting to doubt that this mod will ever come together.
If it doesn't... it'll be a shame.

Either way I'll still put the units together, so people can use them in their own personal scenarios, or possibly in other fantasy mods.

Ir's too bad I don't have any skills at unit creating, and my knowledge of WoT has diminished.

I remember last year, where 20 people posted a day...no those days are no more. Most of the core posters have gone on to their own things, and created new mods.
(sigh)

Cam, could you come up with a list of things to be done? I'll chip away at it when I have free time.

I think the core posters have moved on to preparing for Civ4.

To be honest Saturn the only things that I know of being done are units, flags (leaderheads), and the map. I'd have to double-check the unit lines, but once I get done with the trollocs all that still remains to be done are the companions, aes sedai, and units for the Sea Folk and Shara. In my opinion, additional units are among the least important concerns right now.

Chatting with Alerum online, I'm fairly certain that he is no longer interested in being the overall chief for this mod. So the mod as a whole might not be at square 1, but it is close.

This thread contains enough info (I believe) to at least put together a working scenario. The only problem with that is, it's over 35 pages worth of skimming. :)

If you're WoT knowledge is a bit lacking at this point, that's not even that big a problem. I can make available all of Jordan's texts including The World of The Wheel of Time in easily searchable pdf and html documents for your computer (disclaimer: they must be used for educational purposes only and not for resale ;) ).

HEEE'S BACK! [party] Sorry I've been gone so long, but my computer caught a virus and I had to wipe it clean. :nuke: Then there were other problems and.....well, you get the idea. ;) Unfortunatly that means that all of my files are gone, including everything I was working on at the time. :sad:
It'll take me a while to get back up to speed, even barring any new problems that crop up. :p
Until then I'm willing to help out in any other way I can.

Good to be back. :king:

Going along with my "I'm going to help out as much as I can" theme, I thought that we could start up talk about some other things the mod will need, like city improvments, great/small wonders, and the tech tree. :hmm:

As for Great Wonders, some ideas could be:
-The Stone of Tear
-The White Tower
-The Fortress of Light(for the Whitecloaks)
-The Topless Towers(of Cairhien)
-The Black Tower(EDIT)

For Small Wonders:
-Ogier grove
-Illuminator Guild-House

Any other ideas or suggestions? :confused: Please contruibute so I know I'm not just posting to myself! :twitch:

:bump:
Is it a ghost-town around here or what? ;)

Just thought I'd move the ol'thread back up where it can get noticed. :)

Takeno said:
As for Great Wonders, some ideas could be:
-The Stone of Tear
-The White Tower
-The Fortress of Light(for the Whitecloaks)
-The Topless Towers(of Cairhien)
-The Black Tower(EDIT)

For Small Wonders:
-Ogier grove
-Illuminator Guild-House

Great Wonders:
~ The Stone of Tear
~ The White Tower
~ The Black Tower
~ The Fortress of Light
~ The Topless Towers
~ Garen's Wall (in Ghealdan)
~ The City of Rhuidean
~ The Palace of the Nine Moons (in Seanchan)
~ The White Bridge (in Whitebridge, but, since it's an Age of Legends relic, maybe not)
~ Unearthing the Choedan Kal (a Wonder-like venture, certainly)

Small Wonders:
~ Ogier Grove
~ Illuminators Guildhouse
~ Great Port (generic, fits Illian, Tear, Mayene, Tanchico and Ebou Dar)
~ Aelfinn Portal (again an Age of Legends relic, but certainly Small Wonder-ish, even Great Wonder-ish. It seems to be uniquely possessed by Mayene, then Tear, then Moiraine herself.)

Top Bottom