What do you want from a WoT MOD?

• Staying True to the Book

Votes: 61 37.9%
  • Game Play

Votes: 80 49.7%
  • JUST PUT IT OUT QUICKLY!!!

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
The Rakshasa is a tiger demon from Hindu mythos... They love to use trickery to spread chaos, including assuming other forms.

In D&D the Rakshasa is a mean tiger headed human that excels at magic. And they drove me crazy when I was trying to get into Myth Drannor... That place was just lousy with the buggers. But that was another game.

If you want a Rakshasa I'll need to tweak the head a bit to get a tiger. I suppose I could do that one since it wouldn't fit with a Trolloc group, what with wearing fancy clothes and all.

Hmm. I forget there are 2 tiger humanoids in D&D. The Rakshasa are cool, but the Rakasta are in Mystara. They follow a Japanese type culture and are mostly Samurai type warriors who use a special hand claws instead of a sword. At least in the modules I have. Not sure about those on the Savage Coast. Either way, I'm sure there are Rakasta mages of some kind so whatever you decide is cool with me. I think Rakasta were dropped out of the AD&D monster manuals and replaced by Rakshasa. They look exactly the same, but I believe Rakasta are primarily just Mystara based. Only real difference may be the name then.

Ok, sorry for the threadjacking. I think the bird head with a bow or crossbow even would be excellent. How do you intend to use the trollocs in the mod?

I didn't know there was a different cat people in Mystara... My adventures there never left the Karmekios (I know I misspelled that one) region... with short forays into some nearby countries and a trip to the Isle of Dread.

Two more Trolloc heads for you to look at CamJH. A wolf and a pig/boar. Also two more tails. Now I'm going to try an Eagle... Any other suggestions (other than a tiger which I'm going to do)?

Attachments

• Trollocs4.gif
    Trollocs4.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 361
The wolf rocks! Actually so does the pig/boar. That does it, I've got to use some of these for the Mystara mod too. I'll wait to see which are done and how later though.

What happened to CamJH? Busy maybe.
Just in case you missed my earlier question CamJH, I was wondering how you were including these baddies. As in which ones with defense and offense, etc. Maybe a scout one?

Sorry bud, yeah these past 2-3 weeks have been non-stop on the go for me. Starting Thursday though I'll have a week off, and will hopefully be able to churn out a couple units from these wonderful models.

Not exactly sure how these will work in yet exactly, but I don't really picture trollocs as defensive units. Crunching the numbers (off/def stats) for balance isn't exactly my area of expertise, so I'll leave it up to someone else.

For the wolf, I have a morphing blade that I can actually make into an S-shape that I'll probably use (symbolizing kind of a long jagged tooth). Now for the boar... I'm open for suggestions. Right now I'm leaning towards a spear.

Kinboat,
Thanks again. You're incredible!

CamJH said:
Now for the boar... I'm open for suggestions. Right now I'm leaning towards a spear.

I think that's a great idea...a bread bladed spear, maybe with some kind of jagged hooks or something.

I like the ideas for the pig.
Now for that rat you could give it nun-chucks for one attack and two short one handed swords for another. Possibly even an aiel/ninja no weapons type of attack as well. Might look cool...

I'm waiting to see a trolloc that's a bit more messed up. Something with more than one animal. Maybe a goat head with horns, a bear's arms and claws, a turtle shell for the torso, and human legs with bird feet.

Think that'd be cool.... :)

I know keep dreaming....

Rat's with nun-chucks, Turtles... this WoT or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? :)

Alerum,
That's pretty much the same thing I was thinking. :lol: Once I saw the preview of the model, all I could think of was Golding's Lord of the Flies. "Ralph's got the conch!" Or maybe I just need to get some sleep so I stop having these wierd delusions. :)

One of my all time favorite books :D

Two more previews... An eagle/hawk and a tiger (you'll have to imagine the stripes for now). I'll upload both in a day or so.

Attachments

• Trollocs5.gif
    Trollocs5.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 318
Ah dam Kinboat. Those are absolutely amazing. This mod keeps getting better and better.

Sure does... hopefully it'll get done some day. ;)

One of my favorites too Kinboat. Probably the only book I actually read cover to cover back in high school. :D

I should be able to get going on some of these tomorrow. I'll start off with the models that I can use pdm clothing for, and then work in the others later.

http://www.red-eagle-entertainment.com/news.php?contentid=2

This site now has a trailer to "New Spring". It appears the movies? (don't mention movies now) will be animated (and with the names they're dropping, all of it will probably be as good or better than the trailer). The images remind me of the Samuri X movies, which were awesome. Hopefully it'll come to theatres this summer (but i doubt it) but even a home video version would be awesome :goodjob: (though again i see no mention of movies, just comics... I'm running on the assumption that i missed the news of movies being made as well, after to 2004 mention of it)

Then again, this may be old news :blush:

Keep up the good work on the mod!
Nivekclough

Kinboat said:
Well all comments should be directed towards CamJH (unless it's a model suggestion) as he will be doing all the animations for these guys.

Dear Kinboat,
If you're taking model suggestions, I would like to see a snake-, octopus- or ram-headed one ..
as far as attire, hoods always look good on goatheaded beastmen or trollocs.

Adam

Top Bottom