What do you want from a WoT MOD?

• Staying True to the Book

Votes: 61 37.9%
  • Game Play

Votes: 80 49.7%
  • JUST PUT IT OUT QUICKLY!!!

Votes: 20 12.4%

• Total voters
I know it's over a year old. It's also, unfortunately, the most recent news available on a possible WoT movie. I think we'll have to wait for Jordan to die for a movie, or even for a miniseries.

Check that site out a bit further. You'll see that they got the rights to do games, movies, tv, comics, you name it. There is a fairly current article about a comic book series based off the prequel New Spring. It's supposed to be introduced in July...

http://www.red-eagle-entertainment.com/news.php?contentid=2

Here are the first two models for the Trollocs... A bear and a goat. I'm also going to try a wolf, cat, pig, and maybe an eagle head. I'll post these heads for you as soon as I can. Clothing will be a problem since the bone structure is slightly different from my smaller PDM models. If you can't work it out with just enlarging the pants and shirts I could try to make one or two things for them.

I'll also get that scene uploaded for you soon.

So what do you think?

Attachments

• Trollocs.gif
    Trollocs.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 829
They look AWESOME!
Guess I'm going to be busy for a while. :)

If the normal pdm clothes don't work by enlarging them, I have some color mats I could play around with (basically just change the color, texture & image maps of different parts of the body).

The figures above are based off of your minotaur model correct? I was looking at them and wondering if their lower bodies had the same proportions as the gnoll model. If so, I could try using the gnoll pants and then only have to worry about their upper bodies.

It'll be fun giving these guys some crude and uncivilized weapons to raise havok. :)

Those trollocs are beast'in it up! I look forward to the day when I see those in action. Meanwhile, the CD with unit-making programs cracked, and I was an unhappy camper for the rest of the day. :(

But that comic book, New Spring, will be probably be good, and I look forward to that. :)

That comic book is actually where I got the majority of the concept art I've used for my units. For a while they had a link posted to a gallery with pics of soldiers and the like for quite a few of the WoT "civs." They had definitely done their homework, plus RJ is supposedly very much involved in the project. I just wish they'd do the coverart for the last 2 books in the series + the other 2 prequels.

Wow 6'5'' CamJH? Big guy.

Those look awesome Kinboat. I might have to redo some of my units and use these to replace graphix for some of my lesser enjoyed units.

Thanks for the link to the site, btw. ;)

Well I tried the Gnoll pants on the bear guy and couldn't quite get it to fit. Maybe if I rebone it I could get a quick and easy pair of pants for you.

Here's the cat head... Maybe a little too majestic and noble looking for a trolloc but I quite like how it turned out. And I did get the pants to fit this guy since the legs are closer to the PDM original.

Weapons and Armor will be up to CamJH. I'm just doing the models... Although I do have an idea for one I may do myself.

Attachments

• Trollocs2.gif
    Trollocs2.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 689
Damn, those look good KB.:) All we need are some with horns! Just like on the cover of TGH when they have those "trollocs" wearing helmets with horns on it... Or am I the only one that looked closed enough to see that?:p The Lion is too dignified to become a Trolloc though... anyway to kinda hunch him over?

That turned out sweet! I can already hear this guy's victory roar. :)
And one you "may" do yourself... c'mon you know after all the time you've spent putting together these incredible models you'll be dying to bring at least one of them to life. ;)

Communisto,
Yeah I'll be decking these guys out with weapons and armor, most likely mail with scythes, axes, martels, and such.

Alerum,
Hunching him over is no prob, just another part of animating him.

CamJH said:
Communisto,
Yeah I'll be decking these guys out with weapons and armor, most likely mail with scythes, axes, martels, and such.

excellent! i can't wait to see these things snarling and spitting on the battlefeild.

Kinboat, maybe you should hunch him over as said before and maybe make it's fur darker or patched and give him stunted melformed horns

Well all comments should be directed towards CamJH (unless it's a model suggestion) as he will be doing all the animations for these guys. I'm just posing them quick and dirty to show off what I've made. CamJH should be able to easily add a few horns to different versions if he feels they need it.

While this isn't really a Trolloc, I decided to put a preview up here since I'm using the same body base and it could easily be used by CamJH to make some sort of Trolloc monster. It also brings up another question I had: Would you like some tail figures for these guys? I made a rat tail for this guy, and a wolf tail would be easy.

Attachments

• Trollocs3.gif
    Trollocs3.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 617
Wow... :eek:

Now I want a Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtle mod. :mischief:

That rat looks rather like their master on steroids... :lol:

He'd really be able to tear Shredder to pieces now... :D

Oh, to keep it on topic...
I've gotten all the civilopedia race flag pics done.
I've got a few more of the round pics for the foriegn advisors screen to finish up. Once that's done, I'll zip'em up and post'em here for whomever, is putting the whole thing together. Then WOT graphics from me are on hold as I was asked to PLEASE do one last Borg unit for the ST mod. Gotta find those programs again.... :(

Did I hear skaven? Cool.

You know what this is also off topic, but that catlike trolloc you made would be an awesome Rakasta. Not wanting to request anything, but I wouldn't mind if some were made. By anyone. I could use that to replace the Eusdrian lines in the Mystara mod.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm sorry I haven't been much help lately. I've had a ton of RL things going on and everything I was working on is getting dramatically scaled down to as little as possible. Going into business for yourself is a lot of work. :sleep:

Don't know much about Rakasta, but I am planning on using the lion head. :)

Here's a rundown on the weapons I plan on assigning each of them for now.
Lion Trolloc: scythe
Goat Trolloc: martel
Bear Trolloc: battle axe

I think those match up with the type of fighting style I'd imagine for those types of animal/human mixes. Of course I could easily end up doing others as well so I can incorporate bows, crossbows, and other weapons they might have used.

EDIT: I just remembered Kinboat mentioning probably doing an eagle head, so I'd probably assign the bow to it for obvious reasons.

Top Bottom