thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus

thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus 1.2.3

• Settlers now turn into Builders when captured.
Nooooooo! It was so easy with so many settlers running around! ;)

Haven't tried this mod since the update but have played 1.0.
Selection of districts and their placement are now much more relevant. This mod is ideal for making the game more strategic.

However, playing with AI+ as well, the AI hardly ever build districts. So with the added yields (especially food for every tile in 2 range of aqueducts), it is way too easy to get ahead of the AI. I've only played one game without AI+ and the AI still didn't make many districts.
IMO If a fix can be found for the AI districts problem, this mod will will shine.

Any chance of adding an option for builders to remove districts?? Especially for when you take over a city and the AI has been stupid with it's placement!

This is just a thought in general about civ 6, but the discovery of future techs could each increase spaceship production by X% (I was thinking between 5-10%), give you the option to push either production or science. The civics tree could have something similar for tourism at the end too - perhaps give social media rediscovery a tourism boost and give globalisation rediscovery a free trade route.

Anyhow, going to have a go on this mod now, first time trying civ 6 mods and I loved your civ 5 building mods. I'm definitely liking the look of it.

I don't suppose there's an easy way to disable your policy changes?? I'm trying to run civ 6 improvements patch (well, a heavily modified one, but mainly I want the policy changes), I tried deleting out everything I needed from your mod, but I didn't do it very well.. As in I didn't manage to get them working :\

Are you planning on doing an overhaul of the policies yourself?? :)

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    11 KB · Views: 101
I don't suppose there's an easy way to disable your policy changes?? I'm trying to run civ 6 improvements patch (well, a heavily modified one, but mainly I want the policy changes), I tried deleting out everything I needed from your mod, but I didn't do it very well.. As in I didn't manage to get them working :\

Are you planning on doing an overhaul of the policies yourself?? :)

1. Features planned for future inclusion (not exhaustive)
Policy card overhaul
Unique improvement overhaul
Promotion and combat overhaul
Tech tree overhaul

2. I would remove the references to policies from the modinfo file and delete the files and try that.

Sorry i'm full of stupid questions! :)

Crazy, would your lines of code be compatible with 8 paces of war?? Because looking at it I think it will, and the game seems to load up fine, just not sure if I'm missing anything..

Also, I managed to butcher every bit of policy code from your mod and made it seem to be compatible with civ vi improvements patch.. But it made me sad deleting your stuff!!

Also also, is there any way to make the complete ruleset be selected by default?? Maybe so that we didn't need to go into advanced game to do it?

Haven't tried this mod since the update but have played 1.0.
Selection of districts and their placement are now much more relevant. This mod is ideal for making the game more strategic.

However, playing with AI+ as well, the AI hardly ever build districts. So with the added yields (especially food for every tile in 2 range of aqueducts), it is way too easy to get ahead of the AI. I've only played one game without AI+ and the AI still didn't make many districts.
IMO If a fix can be found for the AI districts problem, this mod will will shine.
I agree that the AI is...less than ideal when it comes to city planning and district placement, but I made a conscious decision to avoid making AI in order to maintain modularity and compatibility with the AI mods already being developed. Hopefully as those mods mature (or maybe even if Firaxis updates the AI...) AI capabilities will be improved.
Any chance of adding an option for builders to remove districts?? Especially for when you take over a city and the AI has been stupid with it's placement!
Unfortunately I don't think that's currently possible :(
Love this mod. :thumbsup:
Question: number of City states bothers me from day 1. Would it be hard to make it similar to Civ5 where we could select exact number of them with a slider?
That would be a great feature! That's currently a bit outside the scope of this mod, but if I ever stumble across a way to do it I'll give it a go.
Sorry i'm full of stupid questions! :)

Crazy, would your lines of code be compatible with 8 paces of war?? Because looking at it I think it will, and the game seems to load up fine, just not sure if I'm missing anything..

Also, I managed to butcher every bit of policy code from your mod and made it seem to be compatible with civ vi improvements patch.. But it made me sad deleting your stuff!!

Also also, is there any way to make the complete ruleset be selected by default?? Maybe so that we didn't need to go into advanced game to do it?
8 Ages of War should be compatible, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I'm glad you were able to make it work with Civ 6 Improvements...I'm looking at policy updates for the next couple of patches so maybe you won't need to do that in the future ;)

Unfortunately I can't make the Complete ruleset selected by default because of the way the Rulesets work. You can add more files with additional rulesets but you can't take away files, so if Complete were the default ruleset there wouldn't be any other rulesets to choose from.

Like I've said before, though, I'm perfectly happy to move features from Enhanced or Complete to the Default ruleset if you guys think they should be in there (although I prefer to maintain the most mod compatibility with the Default ruleset as I can).

thecrazyscot updated thecrazyscotsman's Omnibus with a new update entry:

Update 1.1.1

This is a minor update. Changes listed by ruleset.

Standard:
-Bug Fix: Aqueducts no longer irrigate the sea
-Under the hood optimizations

Enhanced:
-Forts are unlocked at Military Engineering instead of Siege Tactics
-Defensive Improvements (Fort, Great Wall, Roman Fort) are now all buildable in Forests

Complete:
-Bug Fix: Modern Armor text correctly reflects bonus from Uranium
-Horseman cost increased to 100
-Knight base strength reduced to 38, now receives +5...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For those curious about the "under the hood optimizations", I completely redid the resource buff code in SQL as the XML version was now over 1700 lines long, making it incredibly unwieldy to make any sort of update to it. I was able to drop it to 475 lines and included functionality to make it very easy to update in the future. Any resource tag related modifiers and requirements and their related entries are now automatically created...this should make it much easier for me to tweak my resource buff system whenever necessary.

Biao's strategic resource unit mod in the Complete ruleset has also been condensed down into a single SQL file to prepare for greater modular capability in the future when I plan on integrating a great deal more unit changes.

I really like the increased population requirements for districts, it makes city specialization more important. However, it does have the rather unfortunate side effect of making civs with unique districts more powerful (thanks to the mechanic of unique districts not counting towards district limit), and Germany much, much more powerful, as their extra district power becomes even more valuable.

I'm not certain how to balance that with the increased population requirement, short of changing Germany's bonus altogether, or eliminating the unique district limit immunity mechanic entirely. And I'm not sure either of those solutions are within the scope of what you're trying to do with your mod.

I eliminated the unique district's not needing population. it's way too strong, and makes germany insane.

I eliminated the unique district's not needing population. it's way too strong, and makes germany insane.

Not just Germany, other civs with unique districts get nuts. I was generating nearly 100 culture per turn as Greece around the medieval era.

Obviously, a problem with the base game, not this mod.

Stole your vary nice cuts to city state/districts. Here's the SQL incase you intend to rewrite it. You have production listed twice in the xml, doesn't matter though.

UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 1 WHERE ModifierId = 'MINOR_CIV_SCIENTIFIC_YIELD_FOR_CAMPUS' and Name = 'Amount';
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 1 WHERE ModifierId = 'MINOR_CIV_RELIGIOUS_YIELD_FOR_HOLY_SITE' and Name = 'Amount';
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 1 WHERE ModifierId = 'MINOR_CIV_CULTURAL_YIELD_FOR_THEATER_DISTRICT' and Name = 'Amount';
UPDATE ModifierArguments SET Value = 1 WHERE ModifierId = 'MINOR_CIV_INDUSTRIAL_BUILDING_PRODUCTION_FOR_INDUSTRIAL_ZONE' and Name = 'Amount';

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at updating unique districts to require population in the next patch.

Here you go,

UPDATE Districts Set RequiresPopulation = 1 Where
DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_ACROPOLIS' or DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_HANSA' or DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_LAVRA'
or DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD' or DistrictType = 'DISTRICT_STREET_CARNIVAL';

Awesome, I really don't like unique stuff not needing requirements!!

Lol also crazy, I'd be happy deleting all the other rulesets so that it's only yours

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at updating unique districts to require population in the next patch.

Thanks. I think the mechanic where they require half of the production of a normal district is fine, and all the other unique bonuses they have are fine as well, FWIW.

Perhaps updating the unique districts can be done in the enhanced or complete rule set, thus we can test it side by side with the vanilla mechanic?

Thanks. I think the mechanic where they require half of the production of a normal district is fine, and all the other unique bonuses they have are fine as well, FWIW.

Perhaps updating the unique districts can be done in the enhanced or complete rule set, thus we can test it side by side with the vanilla mechanic?

that was my same take. They have enough valuable unique bonuses, including not increasing cost the same way non-uniques do.

Top Bottom