They respectfully ask but they're *&^%ing annoying

citizenalex

Chieftain
I really LOVE FFH and FF but i've noticed they keep one annoying thing on both versions:

When going through a culture squeeze or when going through a recent invasion, you get the occasionnal (read:too f*&$%ing frequent) message that "the citizens of whateverville are respectfully asking to join {insert soon to be royally pwned civ}. This would please {insert soon to have his head on pike leader name} if you let them join.

I answer "No" once and that really should be enough. If I want to give city away, i'll use the diplomacy screen, thank you very much. I find the instance of giving a city away so damn infrequent and rarely practical that I can't possibly believe the amount of times they pester me for it. Can anyone code this out completly from the game and make sure no one ever mentions this again? It's goddamn shameful that modders, the most hard core pros at conquest and domination in this game would actually perceive giving a city away as a good thing that the suggestion should be violently spammed every turn until the player goes nuts and rants his ass off on this forum....

Don't get me wrong, though, I still love the Mods!

Would it be possible to permanantly disable just THIS popup ? It is pointlessly annoying, and a misclick has caused me to lose cities more than once.

Advisor popups can be useful sometimes for reminding me that It's turn 100 and I haven't built a second city yet.

Would it be possible to permanantly disable just THIS popup ?

I agree. It also exists in the main game, and is every bit as annoying. I don't understand why Firaxis added that "feature", unless they wanted to insert some minor annoyance.

Would it be possible to permanantly disable just THIS popup ? It is pointlessly annoying, and a misclick has caused me to lose cities more than once.

Advisor popups can be useful sometimes for reminding me that It's turn 100 and I haven't built a second city yet.

True that, in fact, it's also why I ranted. Out of 5 times I ended up giving a city, 1 time was intentionnal and I used the diplomacy screen for that. Also, I've noticed there may be some instances where city trading isn't on the negotiation table. Is there a tech requirement to start trading cities with other civs?

Top Bottom