this game is boring

Unistalled. Returning to Civ BTS. Hopefully Civ 6 will be a Civilization game, not a Blitzkreig game with minimal empire building.

I can't stand the sight of civ5 on my pc anymore. I wanted to like civ5 so badly, and it just doesn't do it for me. I even changed the wallpaper of my desktop, and re-organized all my icons/folders/shortcuts so it would be easier for me to mod civ5. I got all hyped up, and even took a couple days off work to just sit and enjoy it.... but thats not what happened, I'm not even going to bother listing all the things that turned me off, I would certainly hit the character limit, but needless to say I think this game is rubbish.

I've returned to civ4 and honestly if civ6 ever does come out, I won't be buying, provided firaxis and the most famous xml monkey in the world aka jon shafer is still in charge.

Ok, this game is boring.

I haven't yet finished any game. It's so frustrating when someone reaches Future era in 1850 even if my game is going quite well. I change back to civ 4 or find other game. Perhaps I will come back couple of years later when this game has it's final expansion pack or then civ 6.

Pretty mach all Blizzard games sold in very good state.

In my time playing them, Diabolo 1-2, warcraft 3, star-craft 1-2 all were realized in pretty good state. Some balancing, improvements were done later, but core of the game was solid.

The same could be sad about civ 4.

From RPG, oblivion was sold in pretty good state. Dragon age - can not complain.
All Total war games - pretty good state.

List going on.. Civ V is so big trow back, I feel like it is year 1995 all over again.

Total War? Are you kidding? They were ALL terrible at release.

Total War? Are you kidding? They were ALL terrible at release.

He also said Oblivion sold in pretty good state. It still is a really buggy game today, even with the unofficial patch. /discredited

I actually enjoy Civ 5 in its own, unique way of doing things. However, the major issue I see with it is the lag issue. On any computer it gets ridiculous... and because of it I stopped playing in exchange for Civ 4, which is actually efficient on most machines.

The first major patch was pretty good, the coming one looks really good, they add a lot to diplomacy. I'm very curious to see what people come up with to complain about as the developers add stuff to the game to fix the complainers "issues". I'm thinking font color, maybe. Or perhaps they don't like the statue on the main screen, too console-ish. :) People like that will always find things to complain about.

:lol:

Personally, I think most (most, not all) of the feedback I've read is spot-on and right on the money when it comes to how inadequate Civ V is in its current state. Just because you happen to enjoy Civ V doesn't mean that everyone else is just a "complainer". Quite frankly, just because you think FNV has more bugs that Civ V is totally irrelevant. Totally different games, totally different developer - go complain about FNV over at BethSoft. Maybe they'd enjoy hearing that their game is far, far buggier in your opinion than Civilization V? :lol:

IMO, the first patch really didn't change my perception of Civ V much. The same woefully inadequate AI is still there. The game still feels like it doesn't have a soul and I particularly don't feel that I get the urge to play one-more-turn. I can still beat it on Deity due to the stupid AI making sure it loses. I'm complaining, right? In comparison, Fallout New Vegas has given me the urge to continue to play it and thus far, I haven't run into any major bugs.

I've stated this elsewhere - down the track, I do have hope that IMO, Firaxis can drag Civ V out of the dirt and make it something respectable. I don't think they're going to do this short-term however.

You're welcome to whatever opinion you have but I do not go bombarding threads about how people love Civ V with my "complaints" and telling them that they're fanboy's, so please stop labelling people here for sharing their thoughts (mostly, concerned or bad) about Civ V in this thread. ;)

Charon2112 said:
...people that I need to talk to for a quest aren't where they're supposed to be

In Civ V, the AI I need to play against isn't where it is supposed to be :lol:

The rubbish that is 'Civ 5' is so blatantly coming out in the wash now. I remember when the *cough* 'game' was first released and people with ligitimate criticism were being insulted...

Yeah, and now liking the game is enough to get you ridiculed. But that's much better, right...? There have really only been two basic types of complaints on CFC about Civ V:

#1 - people who have legitimate technical problems and bugs...

#2 - people who didn't like the changes from Civ IV...

Yeah, and now liking the game is enough to get you ridiculed. But that's much better, right...? There have really only been two basic types of complaints on CFC about Civ V:

I don't like the game design. I don't think Civ4 was all that great, but it was fun and the best game of the series in my opinion. I was looking forward to an even better game, there was a lot of room for improvement. But Civ5 is a step backwards.

That's bull, and no matter now many times you repeat it, it remains bull. The vast majority of complaints, like the OP, are that the game is boring. It's rote, it's too easy, there are too few choices, there is nothing to do, the AI is abominably stupid.

Just to take one example at random, I never liked the implementation of trading and negotiation in Civ IV. Instead of fixing the problems and the exploits in Civ III they dumbed it down, eliminating a whole host of possibilities and making it less realistic at the same time.

When I saw that Civ V had returned to Civ III and allowed many different things to be traded, I was enthusiastic. When I discovered that the AI was far stupider at trading these things than it was in Civ III, my enthusiasm quickly turned to disgust. In peace negotiations the AI seems to have only two positions. Either it wants your first-born son (and usually the rest of your children too) or it's willing to give them away. And the changes that lead it to move from the one position to the other seem to be remarkably small.

Another thing that pisses me about this game is that the patches seem to all be about removing the few stratagems left to the player. The first patch eliminated luxury selling. While I agree that was exploitive, the effect was to remove about the only part of diplomacy which had the slightest interest. It would seem that they intend to nerf ICS in the second patch, eliminating yet more options for the player. Instead they should have introduced ways to make big cities more attractive, starting by fixing the absurd city growth rule.

I stand by my two observations, but you are certainly free to disagree with me. As for your bolded complaints below--as with almost every complaint about Civ V, they could, and should all be preceded with "In my opinion..." and ended with "...compared to Civ IV." so they really fit my observation perfectly. As for the game lacking strategy, or choices for the player...I have to simply disagree with that.

That's bull, and no matter now many times you repeat it, it remains bull. The vast majority of complaints, like the OP, are that the game is boring. It's rote, it's too easy, there are too few choices, there is nothing to do, the AI is abominably stupid.

Just to take one example at random, I never liked the implementation of trading and negotiation in Civ IV. Instead of fixing the problems and the exploits in Civ III they dumbed it down, eliminating a whole host of possibilities and making it less realistic at the same time.

When I saw that Civ V had returned to Civ III and allowed many different things to be traded, I was enthusiastic. When I discovered that the AI was far stupider at trading these things than it was in Civ III, my enthusiasm quickly turned to disgust. In peace negotiations the AI seems to have only two positions. Either it wants your first-born son (and usually the rest of your children too) or it's willing to give them away. And the changes that lead it to move from the one position to the other seem to be remarkably small.

Another thing that pisses me about this game is that the patches seem to all be about removing the few stratagems left to the player. The first patch eliminated luxury selling. While I agree that was exploitive, the effect was to remove about the only part of diplomacy which had the slightest interest. It would seem that they intend to nerf ICS in the second patch, eliminating yet more options for the player. Instead they should have introduced ways to make big cities more attractive, starting by fixing the absurd city growth rule.

Game is still flawed, but I feel it's made some good changes, and with tweaking I think it'll be a worthy successor to the Civ series.

Now I have to ask the haters/criticizers/whatever you want to call yourselves: why are you still coming onto these boards if you hate the game so much, and what do you hope to accomplish by doing so?

Some of you have said that you're here to criticize the game in the hopes that the developers listen and get the game patched/changed til it's great, but you generally need constructive criticism for that, and that has been in very short supply in this thread.

So why?

Edit: For the record, I'm not saying everyone who has registered dislike for the game is a hater/whatever. Alot of people clearly want the game to get better. However, from what I've seen certain people (who I won't be naming) on here genuinely want the game to fail, which is something I just don't understand.

The rubbish that is 'Civ 5' is so blatantly coming out in the wash now. I remember when the *cough* 'game' was first released and people with ligitimate criticism were being insulted and there were ridiculous excuses such as "people just like to whine when a new game comes out on how the previoius one was better."

Nice generalization there.

Well, no. Civ 5 is just a terrible, BORING, game.

Opinion. Not fact.

I didn't say that.

charon, man, I really have to do a huge effort sometimes to NOT see you as Shafer disguised... I mean, Jeezzz...

On the other hand, you probably see me as Johan from Paradox, in disguise...

I've returned to civ4 and honestly if civ6 ever does come out, I won't be buying, provided firaxis and the most famous xml monkey in the world aka jon shafer is still in charge.

Don't call him monkey. He deserves respect. :D

Game is still flawed, but I feel it's made some good changes, and with tweaking I think it'll be a worthy successor to the Civ series.

<snip> but you generally need constructive criticism for that, and that has been in very short supply in this thread.

If the game is flawed, as you said, would you mind directing me to some posts of yours where you've made "constructive" criticism?
And when you're already doing this, would you further mind to set the number of such postings in relation to the total number of your postings since release and then estimate if you're doing better than the "haters"?

Thanks in advance.

charon2112 is a Tireless Rebutter. Don't worry bout him.

Moderator Action: trolling other members is not acceptable on the forums

If the game is flawed, as you said, would you mind directing me to some posts of yours where you've made "constructive" criticism?
And when you're already doing this, would you further mind to set the number of such postings in relation to the total number of your postings since release and then estimate if you're doing better than the "haters"?

Thanks in advance.

Click on my name, click 'find more posts by Vordeo' and do it yourself.

Is anyone who enjoys Civ V and defends it, Shafer in disguise?

charon, man, I really have to do a huge effort sometimes to NOT see you as Shafer disguised... I mean, Jeezzz...

On the other hand, you probably see me as Johan from Paradox, in disguise...

Top Bottom