1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This IS a Conservative C2C MP game Thunderbrd! :p

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by JosEPh_II, Feb 6, 2017.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

YesEM addy is short for E mail address.
    Did not see any such place or check box to "say not to automatically try to email out".

You would think this would be a piece of cake. Instead it's becoming a :wallbash::badcomp: experience. :aargh:

JosEPh :lol:

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

3. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

I did enter a password to replace the ****, but that alone should not make a difference.

I would suggest NOT replacing the word "Human" for each player with their name, partly because you do not necessarily know that they would want in that field. I did not replace it.

I also did not enter anyone's Email address in the Options panel.

As Thunderbrd mentioned above, do rename the mod folder from being "C2C MP v37" to something else. I would recommend "C2C Cnsv MP".

Also, the "Game Name" field at the very top left when creating the game should say "C2C Cnsv MP Game", or whatever you name the mod folder to plus the word "Game". This is because when the folder is created for the save game file, it uses the name of the game for the name of the folder. Did you perhaps leave the "Game Name" field empty?

The options at the lowest right side are the Multiplayer options, and most are greyed out as they are not available for, or relevant to, PBEM games.

I did not touch the .ini file. Step by step, what I did, was as follows:

Launch Civ4 BtS.
    Load a Mod: C2C MP v37 (I forgot to rename the mod folder before launching, but I did put in the UserSettings from the Conservative save game folder)
    Custom Game
    Set map to C2C Islands, set all pertinent map options, all game options, and just Conquest Victory. I put myself in at Player 1 with my chosen leader, and placed all other players (set as Human) in their respective slots (with their selected leader) maintaining the sequence, just changing the start point. This would thus end with Thunderbrd, which could be good if troubleshooting is required. I then changed the default game name from "Andrew's Game" (whoever Andrew is) to "C2C_Cnsv_MP Game". Then I closed the remaining AI slots. Set Admin PW to one of the two I suggested earlier in the thread. [I don't remember doing anything else at this stage.]
    Launch Game
    Game loaded fine, replaced the **** with an actual PW.
    Played turn.
    Hit enter, turn ended and saved. Just the automatic end-of-turn save, I did not manually save at any point.
    Close Civ4. Went to PBEM folder and confirmed that save game folder was created and savegame file is in it.

I would almost suggest possibly using this, except that I created it with the mod folder named as "C2C MP v37". If needed, I can rename the mod folder and do it again.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Did and done

Did not place Game at end. Mistake #1. (same start path of launching BtS then Advanced/Load mod)

No just did not add "Game" at end of Name.

Probably error Number 2 as I went to Multiplayer/ New game. Not single player/Custom, IF I understand you correctly?

EDIT: If you went single player then custom game.....no you couldn't have unless selecting Open for AI allows a SP game with Custom Setup to run like a MP game?

Okay with this added info will try for the 9th time today. And I've had a very mixed bag of starting spots too!

The reason I do not have koshling 1st, After me, is because of his work schedule M-F. In what ever form the turn list goes I Have to play after koshlings Morning play time 7:15AM- 7:45AM Central time. Whether he starts the game or is Last in each turn the wrap around must have him before me each morning.

The other spot is you and T-brd. You have taken turns from noon to 1:30pm Central times many times. T-brd rarely does so. But generally you take your turns 10:30PM to 1:30AM Central as does T-brd.

This is the Current Turnlist:
    *JosEPh--Roosevelt
    Harrier--William Oranje
    Spirictum--Dom Pedro
    MagnusIlluminus--Elizabeth
    T-brd--Nebuchadnezzar II
    koshling--Alexander

This list gives us thru 4 years of playing Another MP the best chance to get the possibility of a 2nd rd in one day.

So I will add "Game" to end of games name and start from Custom Game

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  5. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Well excuse the pun, I was being conservative in my times. :)

Some days I can play from (8AM Central to 12AM Central).

If not, then late evening (from Midnight) in the UK. (6PM Central to 8PM Central).

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Well attempt to get the game going failed for the 10th time. Adding "Game" the Games Name did not help. Leaving the players as Human did not help.

Maybe I have an anti-virus block or a win 10 64 Pro problem? I just don't know.

Sooooo............who wants to start this game?

I can make a laundry list of Game set up Options as a couple have changed since the screen shots. Like Peace Among NPCs now being ON as weel as Reckless Animals are now also ON.

And the turn list can be adjusted as well.

So who wants to set up this game? Cause I'm flat out failing badly. 10 strikes/failed attempts is more than enough to show incompetence. :p

JosEPh

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'll be finding out if I can in just a moment here. And if I can, then I'll see if I can offer any advice. It IS possible that it's a win 10 issue...

8. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Whoops, typo on my part saying "Custom Game". I was creating under Multiplayer/New Game. Memory failure.

Probably Win 10 issue, as otherwise I'm not seeing anything wrong. Thus you are NOT incompetent.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I found some files were missing from sources so maybe something happened in the copy/paste steps. I may have some more files to commit. I experienced the same problem here so you're not going nuts.

EDIT: It's looking more like a very real bug. I'm researching to find out how and when the bug would've been introduced so I can get an idea of where the logic change took place and what might've gone wrong exactly.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yep... was a bug. Fairly easily solved actually. I'm not sure who did it and when but it was certainly an issue.

I'm compiling fixes and should have them on the MP SVN here shortly. You'll only need to replace the dll files in the mods folder. Again, make sure that mod folder is named correctly.

The mod folder for the progressive game will be named
    C2C MP Prgsv

so I would suggest

C2C MP Cnsrv

for the sake of organization.

@Joseph: DO rename the game in the upper left and DO create an admin password that you'll remember. Make sure to set the RevDCM bug options manually before the game begins (in your UserOptions folder as if you were modding any other xml file. The name of the file is obvious... RevDCM or something like that.) You cannot change those options after the game has begun. Then change the bug options ingame. Once you have, and you've taken your first turn, put the savegame and the useroptions folder in your game folder.

11. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

The version currently up still works fine for me, but I am on Windows 8.1, but why that would matter I do not know.

I have again tried making a multiplayer game for this, and it worked fine. If it still does not work properly for JosEPh then I can commit this save. I have not done so as yet, as if the fix that Thunderbrd is doing works, it would probably be better for JosEPh to make it. It is his game and I might have missed any options that have not been specifically mentioned.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are you sure you're setting up a play by email game as opposed to a normal IP MP game?

The bug would not impact a direct IP game nor a single player nor should it impact a hotseat game.

But the bug is fixed now on the MP SVN. Just replace the 3 dll files in the mod's asset folder and try again Joseph. Should work well this time.

13. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Definitely certain that I used PBEM rather than any other type. Any other type would not create a new folder in the pbem folder, and it did. Still, I'll update.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I just updated both the Assets and Source folders for both new games, after updating the SVN this morning.

Will attempt to start the Cnsv game shortly.

JosEPh

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Okay.

You're saying Useroptions folder but do you actually mean User Settings Folder? Have you done this already? You just confused the he** out of me on this. :(

I thought making a copy of the User Settings folder with all the BUG Tabs set, even Rev, from a SP player game and Then copying that User Settings Folder over to the Newly made C2C Cnsv MP mod would set all this. That is why I uploaded the User Settings folder to the C:\Users\PawPaw\SVN\C2C MP\Save+TurnList\Cnsrv MP Game saves folder in the 1st place. Like what was done for Another MP game. Is this all wrong now?

JosEPh

16. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

For simplicity, it would probably be best to name the game the same as the mod folder for the game, plus the word "Game". Thus, something like "C2C Cnsv MP Game" or "C2C Cnsv Game". Anything else could be confusing for new SVN users.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Okay got the JosEPh's Cons Game up and running.

Checked all items while in turn moved units and when I hit Red EoT button it proceeded normally just like Another MP game. A Pbem Folder was created with the save that I committed to the SVN with updated Save turn list.

Again order of turns is:
    Me - Roosevelt
    Harrier - William
    Spirictum - Dom Pedro
    Magnus - Elizabeth
    T-brd - Neb II
    Koshling - Alexander

So Harrier you are next.
    You will need to Update the Games SVN before you play your turn. To do this Right click the SVN folder that contains the MP games. Select SVN update. Just like you do when you "Update the main mod's SVN".

After it has Updated then you will need to:
    1. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\C2C Cnsv MP folder and Delete the Assets and Source Folders. EDIT: you will need to name this version of the Mod C2C Cnsv MP.
    2. from the SVN folder (where ever you have placed the SVN folder that contains the C2C MP v37 SVN) Open that C2C MP v37 Folder and copy the Assets and Source Folders
    3. go back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\C2C Cnsv MP folder and Paste in the updated Assets and Source Folders. Now the C2C Cnsv MP Mod is ready for use. It is noe properly updated with Tbrd's fixes from last night.
    4. Now in the SVN where you have the MP games in (this is my path and I have it on my desktop for easy reference for me): C:.......\SVN\C2C MP\Save+TurnList\Cnsrv MP Game saves, Open the Cnsrv MP folder.
    5. In it you will find the Cnsrv_MP_Game_turnlist.txt, Open this and cut/paste the "*" from your player name to the player name immediately below you(Spirictum). Then Save the file. Close the .txt file (you should notice that the green circle with check mark has now turned red. This is okay)
    6. In this same Folder you will see a BtS save game. It will say JosEPh's_Cons_Game.CivBeyondSwordsave. Double click this savegame and the Game will start to load. Initial Initialization may take a minute or 3 so be patient on this 1st time load.
    Once loaded it should say William's Turn in a pop up box. Click Ok, your turn should open shortly.
    7. When you get into your turn a pop up box will appear in upper right corner. This is where you can set your password for your Empire's turn. If you do not want to set a password, back space the ***** out and leave it blank.
    8. Now play your turn
    9. when you have everything in your turn and are done Click the Red Button for EoT. A popup box will appear saying you turn/game has been saved to the Pbem and you need to send it to Spirictum. Once it says that the Main Menu will appear. From it Just click Exit to Desktop, Nothing else.
    Now comes the "fun" part. :)
    10. go to C:\.........\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\pbem\JosEPh's Cons Game, this is my win 10 path yours will be slightly different.
    11. in the folder make a copy of the save game found there
    12. now go to the SVN folder and Open the Save+Turnlist
    13. Open the Cnsrv MP Games saves folder
    14. Paste in the savegame. Then right click it and select Rename. Reason: We shorten the savegame name to this: JosEPh's_Cons_Game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    15. NOTE: This is if you have not done Step 5! (If you have skip this step) Update the Turn list. Open it and cut paste the "*" from your player name to next one below(Spirictum), Then from File (at top) select save. close the ,txt file it's green checked circle should have turned red.
    16. Now the commit. while still in the Cnsrv MP folder with nothing highlighted right click and bring up the menu. You will see a list, go down to and Click on the SVN Commit. This will bring up the SVN Commit Pop up.
    17. Inside the SVN Commit pop up at top will be a Remarks section. I generally type in the game date and/or turn, you put in what you want.
    18. Down below will be another section that has the turn list and save game listed make sure both have the lead box checked. Fastest way is to click the ALL right above this section. Once this is done at bottom of this pop uo is an OK button, Click it and the SVN will start adding it in. Once it has done it's thing the screen will have a revision number at bottom of the list. You are now done with the SVN commit.
    19. Come to the Forum, this thread, and post who's next. As you've seen in the Another MP game thread.

Regular turns will be much easier after this initial one. :)

JosEPh

18. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

As a 7.5, you can go into the "Your Details" menu and change your Leader name, civ name, civ descriptor, and password. Note that you can only do so on your first turn. After the first turn, these details are set in stone and cannot be altered. Well, Leader Name might be able to be altered later, but the others cannot.

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yes... user settings. I haven't yet started the first turn. I was going to but I spent all my available time debugging.

Um... ok, so the mod folder needs to be named differently in the BeyondtheSword->Mods folder for each game. The only difference in these two 'mods' on each computer playing these games will be the UserSettings folder. When a player sets up to play, he must take the UserSettings folder you've set aside (with all the settings made) for your game and place that UserSettings folder inside their game's mod folder. Once this is done, it never needs to be done again. But you have to make it possible for them to do that by, after taking your first round, copying your UserSettings (after setting all your BUG options during round one) to your game's folder in the SVN so it's there for them to copy into their mod folder.

The issue with RevDCM is that you cannot change RevDCM tab options on the first round of the game because as soon as you start a multiplayer game it locks those (unlike a single player game) so you must do those manually in a text file like a modder. OR you can do it as you said, set it up the way you want it on an earlier single player game and then take the UserSettings from there but I'm not sure when defaults are reset when a new game is made so you'd probably still want to review the RevDCM options in your UserSettings folder to make sure they are set right (you can't even see what they are set at when you are in an MP game.)

20. Harrier

Harrier Deity

OK. Thanks Joe I have your instructions on what to do.

Can not do anything tonight though - sleep calls.

Please be patient while I work my way through all the steps.

Can not promise an updated turn tomorrow. Depends on how I manage to get SVN PBEM to work.

But once mastered I will try to be as punctual as possible. If not you can sack me. :sleep: