1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This IS a Conservative C2C MP game Thunderbrd! :p

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by JosEPh_II, Feb 6, 2017.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I have a reply from Vokarya and it is No Thanks to either game.

In fact now that Massive is declared dead he's actually going to remove C2C from his Mod Folder. Does not like the direction C2C went.

JosEPh

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We kept the word 'Commercial' in the Commercial Whaling tech.

3. Harrier

Harrier Deity

OK. I choose to play Willem Van Oranje.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Good choice Harrier. He was one of my 5 finalists to play for this game.

Is this timeframe a normal time for you to take your turn? Or is it too late? Too early?

JosEPh

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

It has actually worked better for koshling to go before me. That is why I placed him last if I start.

So it would be:
    JosEPh
    T-brd
    Magnus
    Harrier
    Spirictum
    koshling

Here koshling does follow me as the turn wraps around. Otherwise I would have to have my turn done during the week Before 7:00AM M-F Central TZ. Not gonna happen since I don't work. Nor am I going on a "work like schedule" to take a turn on a Pbem game, ie getting up at 6:15 AM. :p

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  6. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

I'm still without classes, those only get back in March. For now I've been active from midday until really late (2 AM). When classes get back, some days I'll be available even earlier or sometimes only after 1 PM. I'll leave the math and order placement with you guys. Oh, and I forgot to mention that until March we're having daylight savings time, so I'm actually UTC-2 right now.

7. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

T-brd in process of uploading v37 to C2C MP SVN.

Corrected order on Cons Turn list.

JosEPh

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

yep. Already? :) cool!

It's more v37.5 really. Current assets.

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

So is that all that's to be uploaded?

If so, then I need to Add this upload to the BtS Mods folder?

And why does it not have a DLL?

Edit: Upload stil in progress

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah, I started yesterday and tried to do it all at once and... lol... that did NOT work. I'm breaking it up into hopefully successful chunks today. Will take a long time to complete. Will let everyone know once finished.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Installed C2C MP v37 into BtS/Mod folder and ran test game SP to see if functions properly. It has so far. So step 1 completed.

Now will see if I can copy the User settings Folder into the Cnsrv MP Game saves folder to complete step 2.
    EDIT: User Folder added. Step 2 completed.

@T-brd, et ALL,

Step 3: Prepare to start Pbem MP game set up. Will most likely have questions about this. Like player names, just use the leader for setting the list up? Like Roosevelt for me and then down the list? What about Admin Password? Is it really necessary to have one? And even though players can set individual pass words is it really necessary? Setting passwords can cause "bad" headaches down the road if someone disappears.

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  13. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Yes this would be my normal time. Between 14-00 and 16-00 GMT, (9-00 and 11-00 New York time).

I am having connection problems at the moment. This is the first time online since my last post yesterday. Hope it is now fixed.
    I

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Since this is your normal time I will change the order of play list. You would play after me.

Turn list:
    JosEPh (8AM Central US to 11PM Central most every day.)
    Harrier (8AM Central to 10AM Central)(Any other time available if 2nd turn is possible?)
    Spirictum (10AM Central to 11PM Central?)
    T-Brd ( ? till ?Central)
    Magnus (Noon/1pm Central till 1AM Central ? )
    koshling (7:15AM-7:45AM Central and then 6:45 till 9:45PM Central?)

Also can set up Pbem Game and Play 1st turn Until I hit red EoT. Then Game Freezes and have to Restart my computer. Found that under Saves/Pbem the Initial Save is in the Auto folder but no C2C Cnsv folder created.

What should I look for for what I'm doing wrong. Can Provide Screenshots of Game set up and when 1st turn initializes (Roosevelt splash screen as leader of my nation).

Otherwise I'm kind of floundering.

JosEPh

15. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Guessing you have, but... Have you tried "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" to open Task manager and Force Quit the Civ4 application? If that worked, you probably would not have to restart.

Admin Password is probably a good idea, as otherwise anyone could get into it and change things. I think. Not really sure what that would access for a multiplayer game. Probably use something simple, but hard to guess. Like "hfds34" or "rt6sd2".

Sounds like the game hit an error during the end of turn sequence. Did you try a second time or more? Does it always crash in the same place?

I just tried creating a PBEM game using v37.5 and all mentioned game options, and it created and saved off fine. Even created an appropriate folder in the pbem saved games folder. If you have not done so yet, try again.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Couldn't as the game cursor was still on screen even with task manager open, TM would not respond to it.

Multiple tries all freezing at same place, clicking the red EoT button or hitting Enter. Some had Admin pass others I left blank. What about the pop up for password in game on 1st turn. Did you enter something there or leave it with the ***** in the pop up?

Guess I need a step by step process cause I've had no luck at all. :(

Tried again for the 5th time. Hangs at end of turn clicking Red Button.

I can play a Single player game just fine with C2C MP v37. But the must be something I don't know about for starting a Multiplayer game. Should I be Manually Saving the game on the 1st turn Before I click EoT button or hit enter?

In the Pbem Multiplyer set up do I put names where it says Human? Have actually tried both and did not change the freeze at end of turn.

Down in the left corner there are some selections that are grayed out. The only one you can change are: Shuffle teams( box is Unchecked as default) Turn Limit: has a preset value of 0 and City Elimination: which also has a preset value of 0.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Since I can start and play a SP with the C2C MP v37 installed in /BtS/Mod Folder just like Caveman2Cosmos and C2C MP is.

Does something need to be set in the .ini file before Multiplayer set up?

JosEPh :/

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

First off, rename the mod folder once it's in the BeyondtheSword/Mods folder so that we will have different mod folder names there. All players need to name their mod folders as the player who sets up the game and those names need to differ for your game and mine.

As for what's causing a crash... I'm not sure BUT I have a suspicion. Koshling may know what he did to setup the first turn so that it's not trying to automatically send the game save by email but rather saving it to the right spot in My Games. I'm almost certain not taking a step to achieve that is what's causing the hangup.

@Koshling: do you know what we need to do to get the first turn started correctly?

If he hasn't answered, I'll be working on this myself this evening so maybe I can sort it out.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

T-Brd ( ? till ?Central)
    Let's see... Central is 2 hrs off from PST, so I can usually take my turn from 1pm-1:30pm CST and from 8:30pm-2am CST. Pretty much any time from 2pm to 2am or even later CST on Saturday and 2pm to 11PM on Sunday CST.

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

1.If I rename the Mod in the BtS/Mod folder then don't I have to change it's Name in it's .ini as well?
    2. I went into Options during the 1st turn and Under Your details it had a place for your EM addy. On 1 try I put mine in. Still hung.
    3. Magnus said he's could start one and did and it saved to a proper Pbem Folder too. So what did he do different? Waht step am I missing?

JosEPh

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Good question. I've never had to rename that and it seemed to rename itself so to speak but maybe that's a step I'm unaware of needing to take.
    I often copy the mod folder and rename if for specific tests and runs and I've never had to mess with the C2C ini file.

EM addy = Email Address? You probably should NOT put in your email address and maybe somewhere there's a checkbox to say not to automatically try to email out or something.

I'm not sure. I haven't tried to take these steps myself yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do later tonight since I think we're pretty much up to the point of getting started in the Progressive game as well.