1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

This IS a Conservative C2C MP game Thunderbrd! :p

Discussion in 'Multiplayer and LP's' started by JosEPh_II, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Harrier

Harrier Deity

I can not get the main game to load in XP, with Sparth's additional cultures modmod,

So if you decide to use that in both versions. You will have to count me out. :cry:

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's looking like we won't need to so you should be fine. We'd prefer not to anyhow I think.

3. Harrier

Harrier Deity

@Joseph. Just to let you know. As long as you do not use the "New Culture ModMod", does not work on my system. I am willing to give this ago, as well as TB's version. Be warned never played multiplayer before on a computer.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

@Koshling: I've just gotta test out the newly adjusted hunter AI to see if it's actually improved things as suspected and if so, it looks like we're stable enough to warrant setting up the initial SVN fileset upload late Saturday. You can look for a good leader from there I guess.

5. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Question that impacts both new games - what difficulty level will we be playing on? Reason I ask is that at deity leaders with -2 happy in largest city have a crippling early game burden since its really hard to use even the starting population and work anything but the city tile...

Given that we have AI in at least one of these games we need the difficulty level to be high or the AI will be meaningless, but I'd suggest we don't go beyond immortal.

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No worries here, this is called Conservative for a reason. Very base C2C without modmods.

I posted above that we should decide for this game whether we want Emperor or Immortal. And I also noted that the Handicaps Now are actually harder than they were in v36 and before. About a full step to step and 1/2 harder in most regards.

Some of that will be mitigated by the Game Speed we will be playing at, Normal. And you will be using only 2 Traits not 3.

And 1 other item the 1 City tile Start even at it's worst, because of leader or poor start position, only last 2-4 turns before the adjacent 8 tiles pop from regular Culture build up. So even if you get the Venus of Willendorf or the Great Bath of Mohenjodaro (SP) you should not lose the 2nd pop, when you found a new city, if you plan accordingly. I've done much testing on this. I rarely, if ever, lose the 2nd pop to starvation even on marathon or snail GS and never on Normal or Epic.

By the time this game gets to 200 turns we should be Era wise about were Another MP was when I died.

So with harrier that makes 6 for this game.
    @Harrier,
    Need to pick a Leader to use and we need your Time zone for turn placement as well. Post both as soon a you can please. :)

EDIT: I realized I forgot something very Important. And it is something that I will insist be in this Conservative game. One very important BUG setting that will be used and that is Stack Limit. It will be set at 60, not -1. No Super Monster SoDs here. ;)

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Emperor sounds appropriate for this game. I figure the other should be at immortal so the AI's have some competitiveness.

Stack limit should be fine for this game since we're keeping AI players out of it... 60 units on Upscaled should be quite a few anyhow. Plus, it goes both ways.

8. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Emperor should be fine for this game.

9. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If we are choosing leaders I'll take Alexander please in this game (this is the non-team one right??)

10. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Alexander it is then. And yes no teams in this game.

Difficulty level- Emperor

So the leaders:
    T-brd--Nebuchadnezzar II
    MagnusIlluminus--Elizabeth
    koshling--Alexander
    Spirictum--Dom Pedro
    JosEPh--Roosevelt
    Harrier--William van Oranje

Map- Islands
    Size- Huge
    Climate- Tropical or Arid, no input on this yet, Need Input!
    Sea level- Low
    Speed- Normal
    Large Islands- Extra
    Tiny Islands- Many

Player Timezones:
    Harrier UTC 0 or -1?
    Spirictum UTC -3
    MagnusIlluminus UTC -5, But personal schedule is comparable to T-brd TZ.
    koshling UTC -6
    JosEPh UTC -6
    T-brd UTC -8

Victory Conditions:
    Conquest
    Domination

Will expand on settings in a bit.

JosEPh

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Just curious... you can't get a conquest if you have domination on so why list conquest at all?

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I can remove Domination. In a game like this if you are hitting the Domination limits you've done some major conquering too. But to stave off any chance of an early Domination victory I'll remove it. Just to be safe.

JosEPh

13. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

Unless some options force a nation to not expand in a time it can already send its armies to destroy every other nation. Revolution is such an aspect that lets one achieve Conquest prior to Domination. City Limits from Civics could also let this happen I suppose. But I'm talking about Vanilla Domination, I don't know if in C2C rules are different.

14. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Timezones are not really the best measure of when a person is active, as I live physically in UTC-5, but my cycle is closer to UTC-9 or so.

Also, if that player list is intended to bee the order of play, then it is in error as you (JosEPh) will have to be slot 1 as you would be making the game. Well, I suppose you could pass that off to Thunderbrd if you really wanted to, but I would have expected you to want to do it yourself.

As to Climate, well, I'd prefer the game just set to Temperate, as that (usually) gives the best mix. However, as this is "your" game, set it how you want and I'll adapt. In other words, I have no strong preference between them.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Not the turn list but just a list of players and their respective timezones.

I posted this earlier in the thread:

Now we add in Harrier who would be in the timeframe between you and t-brd and probably before Spirictum who prefers mornings his time.

So it's still a work in progress.

If I start (most likely) then will it be you Magnus or T-brd that would have the best time to follow me? This order would put koshling last on the 1st turn but once going will help us fall back into the December early January schedule we had that moved at a brisk pace. Because after you/T-brd (which ever one of you to goes 1st) would then be Harrier, Spirictum, and end the turn with koshling.

JosEPh

16. MagnusIlluminus

MagnusIlluminus Emperor

Based on observations that Thunderbrd has made elsewhere, he would probably be best to have his turn just before mine. However, having either him or I immediately after you would probably be a bad idea. Your availability and Koshling's seem to be nearly identical, thus the two of you should be much closer in sequence. Harrier has his location set as UK. Assuming he has a "normal" UK schedule, he would be active just before Spirictum. Based on that I would suggest:

JosEPh
    Koshling
    Thunderbrd
    Magnus
    Harrier
    Spirictum

17. Harrier

Harrier Deity

Not selected a Civ. yet. Will let you know tomorrow. Weird I had 3 in mind and all have been chosen.

As for play times.

Well UK is GMT. (5 hours ahead of New York).

I can usually play, most days between 14-00 hours and 17-00 hours GMT. (9-00 to 12-00 NY time)

Sometimes I can play late night (if short turns). 1-00 to 3-00 GMT. (20-00 to 22-00 NY time) If I miss the afternoon slot.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Good news... playtesting today shows the hunting AI is working much better. This was the last thing I really wanted to be sure of before getting us setup here. This is pretty much a v37.5 game rather than v37.

@Joe... we should consider re-releasing the core soon as well. Too many critical fixes have taken place to leave v37 up as the main current download imo.

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

So we need a Patch thread called v37.5 and provide a Link to D/L. Does the Forum now have a better Download section we can pput a version into for D/L?

JosEPh

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I think so. SO knows the ins and outs on that.