This is quite a dirty business tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took out Religion and Espionage in CIV V from CIV IV. It was one of the major complaints of CIV fans (including myself) for the game, and now they are readding the features back but we need to pay an extra $30 for them?

This is just damn low, 2K. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Took Out?

You have absolutely no idea how game design works. Civ5 is a sequel but is a separate game with separate rules. This notion that they "took out" anything is juvenile.

Took Out?

You have absolutely no idea how game design works. Civ5 is a sequel but is a separate game with separate rules. This notion that they "took out" anything is juvenile.

Yup, OP is a 5 year old

You also don't need to buy the DLC, ever.

Took Out?

Sequel by definition is one that improves upon the merits and taking out the flaws of the predecessor.

Religion and espionage are two of the key features that made CIV IV one of the deepest, most complex CIV games in the series. Taking them out entirely in a sequel made absolutely no sense, besides readding them in a later expansion and making consumers paying extra for them.

This is purely a dirt cheap exploitative business practice. I paid full price for CIV V on launch day but I have only played 2 complete games on it, I found myself going back to CIV IV instead for its deep engrossing gameplay which is but completely absent in CIV V. The least 2K can do is re-implement religion and espionage back in CIV V in a free update to make my purchase of the game worthwhile.

They took out Religion and Espionage in CIV V from CIV IV. It was one of the major complaints of CIV fans (including myself) for the game, and now they are readding the features back but we need to pay an extra $30 for them?

This is just damn low, 2K. You should be ashamed of yourself.

They have the same name. They are very different. Religion in particularly bears almost no resemblance to Civ IV.

You're entitled to despise Civ V for any reason you like. Just pick a real one when complaining.

OP aside... I won't be buying Civ VI until the final expansion/DLC is released and I will buy it as one complete package.

UNLESS... every single feature of my liking from Civ IV/V OR a viable substitute is present in vanilla itself.

Sequel by definition is one that improves upon the merits and taking out the flaws of the predecessor.

Religion and espionage are two of the key features that made CIV IV one of the deepest, most complex CIV games in the series. Taking them out entirely in a sequel made absolutely no sense, besides readding them in a later expansion and making consumers paying extra for them.

Ah, so sequels are purely a question of refining previous games and can't be radical departures?

What legal body establishes and enforces this law?

OP aside... I won't be buying Civ VI until the final expansion/DLC is released and I will buy it as one complete package.

UNLESS... every single feature of my liking from Civ IV/V OR a viable substitute is present in vanilla itself.

Can't agree more. Buying CIV V on launch day is one of my worst spent $60 in video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom