Thoughts on the New Map Types

Yes, but there are not so many of them. May even be none at all.
Okay, I feel better then. I wouldn't have been surprised to find out that, through some glitch in the code, Volcanoes weren't being considered as Mountains for such purposes as the Inca UA/LA. I have yet to try a Primordial map, but the one they showed in the video seemed to have a ton of Volcanoes in it.

Okay, I feel better then. I wouldn't have been surprised to find out that, through some glitch in the code, Volcanoes weren't being considered as Mountains for such purposes as the Inca UA/LA. I have yet to try a Primordial map, but the one they showed in the video seemed to have a ton of Volcanoes in it.

I have yet to see a Primordial map that looks remotely like the one in the video.

One can get a fairly easy religious victory on Terra by exploiting the overcrowding on the "Old World".

Chances are you will start with three close neighbours. You need to be quick to start a religion, and then make sure that Itinerant Preachers is one of your beliefs. You will also want Moksha as an early governor. Watch for one of your neighbours starting their own religion, and if they do, snuff it out quickly by converting their holy city which won't be far away, so this is easier than on other map types.

Now you have four civs of your religion bunched together. This becomes a critical mass. Thanks to Itinerant Preachers, your religion will spread by itself to the other civs, none of which are all that far away, being confined to half the map area. You don't really have to do much. Send out apostles now and again, but don't use them to convert cities, just preach once and move on to the next. This gives each city you preach at a little nudge towards salvation, and they will convert from religious pressure all the sooner. The more cities converted, the more the pressure builds, and you will find yourself discovering AI cities that have already converted before you even knew they were there.

It's pretty much an effortless victory.
I finally got a chance to try this out, and you're right, it makes for an easy victory, almost too easy. But thanks for providing the blueprint!

I finally got a chance to try this out, and you're right, it makes for an easy victory, almost too easy. But thanks for providing the blueprint!

This actually sounds kind of funny. I'm going to try it out next game

I have yet to see a Primordial map that looks remotely like the one in the video.
Just started that Brazil Primordial game. Volcanoes in yellow circles, turn 1 save if anyone wants it. I did not fish for this map, maybe I am lucky
upload_2019-9-26_22-49-14.png

EDIT: and it just seems to continue
upload_2019-9-26_23-11-44.png

EDIT Again: For some reason my trader refuses to go between the volcanoes
upload_2019-9-27_0-50-59.png

Attachments

• PEDRO II 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    695.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Trying the lakes map. I like it for a lot of land. Of course, boats are even more useless than on Pangaea.

EDIT Again: For some reason my trader refuses to go between the volcanoes
At least twice in the past few months, I've had a trader refuse to go to a city state that was within range by my count. Wasn't paying attention to volcanos. If it happens again to me, I'll try to see if it's a reproducible bug.

Top Bottom