Tides of Crimson (FANTASY MOD)

Actually your mod has inspired me to make my own interface. I've thought about it before when I saw other great interfaces released such as Balthasar's amazing steampunk/victorian interface, but never actually done it. Now I'm brainstorming and searching for images, while I should be working, to put together my own. Finding the time to do it will be the hard part. As I already said I haven't had much time for Civ lately.

Anyway, I think releasing your interface is a good idea too, though you should definitely finish the mod first.

Hm... Like even the city screen? That would be sweet! Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask you....

I tried to use ur editor in making this mod, but it kept giving me an error everytime I opened a biq file. So I had to revert to using the default editor. I have framework installed and everything. It gives me an error when I try to decompress the file automatically (within ur editor). Any idea what the problem mite be? :crazyeye:

You know that using my expanded editor, it would also be possible to make the interface civ specific?

Sigh, that would be cool... but who has time to make that many interfaces. I can bearly find time to make one.

Though I guess if you just have a standard interface and only make minor variations for each civ it wouldn't be so bad. Or just 5 different interfaces one for each culture group.

Hm... Like even the city screen? That would be sweet! Which brings me to a question I've been meaning to ask you....

I tried to use ur editor in making this mod, but it kept giving me an error everytime I opened a biq file. So I had to revert to using the default editor. I have framework installed and everything. It gives me an error when I try to decompress the file automatically (within ur editor). Any idea what the problem mite be? :crazyeye:

Even the city screen.

usually, knowing the error you actually get helps.
Have you tried to use uncompress file to be sure it comes only from this?

Even the city screen.

usually, knowing the error you actually get helps.
Have you tried to use uncompress file to be sure it comes only from this?

when i try to open my scenario file i get the following message: "the file is probably compressed, click OK to uncompress it". when i click, i get an "unhandled exception" error that states "index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

not sure if i'm missing something. =(

Sigh, that would be cool... but who has time to make that many interfaces. I can bearly find time to make one.

Though I guess if you just have a standard interface and only make minor variations for each civ it wouldn't be so bad. Or just 5 different interfaces one for each culture group.

i'm thinking small changes would be cool. like for my mod i would prolly change the pics on both sides of the city display for every race.... if i can get the new editor to work. lol RAWR.

sorry took me so long to get back to you. just got arrested, framed, and put in jail for the murder of 16 people. but im back. :crazyeye: anyhow, i still have the problem i mentioned previously:

when i try to open my scenario file i get the following message: "the file is probably compressed, click OK to uncompress it". when i click, i get an "unhandled exception" error that states "index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

i have the necessary software and whatnot installed, so not sure why im getting an error. what do ya think?

i try to load the scenario file for my mod (tides of crimson). the scenario works fine in the regular editor, but when i click to decompress it in your editor, the aforementioned error message occurs. do i have to turn my scenario file into like a .zip file or something before i load it in your editor?

When you start the normal editor, in view/options, you have an option to turn off compression.
Do that and save. The biq should be much bigger.
Then try to load it with my editor. If it works, it means the uncompress part is not working correctly.

i did what you said. when i loaded it with your editor, i get the same exact error message. =(

I was able to open the BIQ with no problems, and it decompressed it just fine (with Stephs editor). I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem.

I do see this message on occasion that you mentioned:
"unhandled exception" error that states "index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

when I go to the civilizations tab, but I just hit okay; and it doesn't actually stop me from making and saving any changes (that I know of).

Can you email me the biq? Or is it the same one in this mod?

it's the same .biq as the one for the mod. :)

I was able to open the BIQ with no problems, and it decompressed it just fine (with Stephs editor). I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem.

I do see this message on occasion that you mentioned:

when I go to the civilizations tab, but I just hit okay; and it doesn't actually stop me from making and saving any changes (that I know of).

Yeah, when i click 'continue' some things work fine. but many things don't. for instance, none of the units or civilizations from the mod show up in stephs editor. wierd....

Top Bottom