Tip: Use The AI For Garrison Duty

Nkat

Monarch
My Capitol was not garrisoned so I got the -1 happiness 'buff'. I was building a warrior to fix this...but an AI's Archer temporarily did the job for me. Please see the pictures in order.

Can an AI Unit also add to Hereditary Rule Happiness as well? These are nice Trivia Questions! Maybe we should have a Civ4 Trivia PodCast!

Attachments

• civ4 Gilgamesh 1.JPG
    civ4 Gilgamesh 1.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 193
  • civ4 Gilgamesh 2.JPG
    civ4 Gilgamesh 2.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 140
  • civ4 Gilgamesh 3.JPG
    civ4 Gilgamesh 3.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 168
  • civ4 Gilgamesh 4.JPG
    civ4 Gilgamesh 4.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 139
They do add HR happiness, but there's no way to keep them there so it's best to just leave a warrior in and not have to worry about it

Of course they do, everybody knows this.

But seriously, you do start to notice after many many games when AI units mess up your happy cap calculations.

And the we are afraid modifier grows with size. At sizes 3 to 5, it's -1, at 6 to ??? it's -2, and so on.

It often happens when their soldiers need faster healing.
BTW, what kind of map are you playing: I've never seen deers in the tropical zone? IMO, deers are great boost for "Hunting" civs. Unfortunately, this ressource is normally around tundra zones, which isn't great. :(

It often happens when their soldiers need faster healing.
BTW, what kind of map are you playing: I've never seen deers in the tropical zone? IMO, deers are great boost for "Hunting" civs. Unfortunately, this ressource is normally around tundra zones, which isn't great. :(

Using AI cities to Heal up in is a nice strategy.

This was the "Rainforest" mapscript. I started dead center of the "Green Belt." Over-Expansion and 1000 Cottages won this match.

Using AI cities to Heal up in is a nice strategy.

This was the "Rainforest" mapscript. I started dead center of the "Green Belt." Over-Expansion and 1000 Cottages won this match.

Oh! I see...Rainforest once got my interest, but after seeing the ressources proportion in the worldbuilder mode, I noticed some ressources are just too rarefied for sharing it between all civs...just like Arboria. Deers are great because they can bring as much as cows on grass, but it doesn't need AH, which is an expensive tech. Comparing to an irriguated corn, it takes less time to improve and the ratio food/hammers is correct for growth an production. :D

Oh! I see...Rainforest once got my interest, but after seeing the ressources proportion in the worldbuilder mode, I noticed some ressources are just too rarefied for sharing it between all civs...just like Arboria. Deers are great because they can bring as much as cows on grass, but it doesn't need AH, which is an expensive tech. Comparing to an irriguated corn, it takes less time to improve and the ratio food/hammers is correct for growth an production. :D

Rainforest is different for sure. I also did not like the Resource sharing on this. I think I traded 3 or 4 things the whole game (Standard Size Map). It was fine this match,though, as I had went Cultural so my Theaters + high Culture Slider killed ALL unhappiness. However, my Health sucked, but thanks to my starting location I had all great food city sites - just like the lovely deer next to the Capitol.

I am doing a "Highlands" mapscript at the moment and it is similar with the Resources. This mapscript is almost the inverse of "Rainforest" as what usually would be nice flat green land in "Rainforest" is now Hills in "Highlands." No Deer in the Greenbelt though. They put them in the usual locations.

Top Bottom