Tips and resources for a HoI2 beginner?

Are you sure it is a bug?

1 - Paratroopers can only drop on enemy land. They cannot use the transports to redeploy. With the paratroopers loaded the transport does not have the option to repeploy.

2 - When a transport is selected with paratroopers loaded the only order possible will be to paradrop (cant remember the exact words). When you select the order to paradrop a dropdown of provinces, well, drops down. If, and this is the confusing bit, there are no provinces you can drop into the drop down will contain no provinces. It's not a bug, just poor UI.

Vanilla is superior :smug:

As Germany I rebased several paratroopers into my allied Italian African territories.

Of course this soon proved to be a death wish, as my forces had no supplies once they reached N. Africa. My transport planes couldn't even fly them back because they had no oil. I did an air drop supplies mission for a while but my paratroopers ate up the supplies and I couldn't seem to drop any oil there, because my paratroops don't need it I guess... sigh. I lost like 7 paratroops in Africa from lack of supplies :lol:

I know this is quite a necro, but it seems appropriate to ask here.

Is it possible to land paratroopers in Iceland when Britain has been conquored(max range of transport planes)?

I'm asking because in my Italy game it is '48 and we(the Axis) have almost kicked the allies out of Africa and I'm producing a whole lot of transports and paratroopers and fighters in preparation for a fullblown airborne invasion of the isles.
The UK has nothing left except their home islands and only about 20 divisions(mostly fighting a retreating battle in Africa).
I have been completely neglecting my navy(both in production and research) since I needed all my IC's for infantry divisions and tac bombers for my invasions of the USSR in the Caucasus and Central Asia. Which is also why my advance in Africa is so late.

If it is not possible I see no way to get to the US, and I see no way to ever get up to parity with the US' navy.

Also espionage is awesome when you succeed in assassinating people like Stalin and Montgomery:D

You can always get to the US via Alaska once the SU has been conquered. That way, the naval problem isn't nearly as bad.

Hi,

I don't know if anyone is still active here but I can try.
I wanted to play HOI 2 before playing HOI3 so I'm doing just that. My problem: I'm trying to organize my airforce which I brought to Berlin.
I can create new divisions and I know I can only have four wings in them. I separated the interceptors from the tac's, but now I can't select them.
Everytime I click a division with one wing (or any division) I go to those planes, I tried shift+ left click; ctrl + leftclick; I tried right clicking, I tried clicking the middle mouse button, nothing works.
I either get every airdivision in berlin or an individuel division. Is the only way to organize wings to send the airdivisions you want to combine to a separate airfield??

all help would be appreciated
I'm playing HOI 2 doomsday armageddon with last patch

Top Bottom