TLO-02 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria!

Spamming praets is cheap if anything. They should add a rule that the Romans can never win by conquest or domination. :p

True, but praetorians were meant to be this way(best infantry of classical age I guess), while UN was not meant to be a backdoor domination victory! :)

And what will be the general rules of this SG? With relation to the reports, turns players and etc...?

I don't know how about you, but I'd propose to go with the 3.03 if the patch isn't out before Friday.
Given it will be backwards compatible, we should have no problems with updating in course of the game.
Team vote ?

I agree....

i won't be on for some time due to lack of computer. so if it comes out, then continue thefirst few roundswithout me ok
?

(i'm typing this on my cell phone :D )

We took too long, I am not even sure we still got a full roster anyway.

Wait, what? We've spent weeks waiting for this game to start and now you're saying you won't be able to do anything for a few more weeks? How are we supposed to play rounds when we have no start in the first place?

If this was a real-life random event, I sympathize, but if you'd gotten us started as soon as the roster was complete we would've been well into it by now and there'd been minimal distraction to the game.

I won't drop out since I think that's very low behaviour, but I urge you to get your act together if you want to lead your own SGs, please.

Sorry to hear about your PC TLO, but I see the group is getting impatient.

If it doesn't bother our roster, I propose to roll and start the game tomorrow evening ( GMT ), just skipping TLO for the time he needs to get the PC up and running.
Alborn & Azaris, I assume you're still in. Civman123, are you still in?

As I already voted, I would quit waiting for the 3.13 patch if it doesn't come before week-end. Everyone of us has others running games, and I don't think it would bother to start without the patch. We can still migrate in the course of the game, especially if the patch is backwards compatible.

Team vote on the proposal ( starting tomorrow in 3.03 ) ?

From TLO last post, I assume it's alright with him.

By the way, 3.02 - 3.03 doesn't matter, as far as I remember, they are compatible anyway. Anyway, I won't be installing 3.03 in my computer.

And I am ok with starting it ASAP.

And we should send the rest of the players a message!

PMed everyone.

If team votes for, I'll roll the start tomorrow @ 4PM (GMT) and post asap for preliminary discussions.

As for the settings not yet set:

Size : my vote Large
Speed : my vote Epic
Climate : my vote Moderate
Sea Level : my vote Low
AIs : my vote, Random, 7 on Large, 5 on Normal

Turnsets : 1st 30 (if epic) or 20 (if standard), all next 15 (if epic) or 10 (if standard) turns
24 got it, 48 play/report it

Otherwise, going for Pangea with No Tech Brokering on.

My settings vote:

Size : Normal(could be large, but may require too much micromanagement in the end to be fun)
Speed : Epic
Climate : Moderate
Sea Level : Low
AIs : Random, standard number!

Turnsets : 1st 30 (if epic) or 20 (if standard), all next 15 (if epic) or 10 (if standard) turns
24 got it, 48 play/report

PS: Shouldn't you make another thread? This is a bit messed up... But I dont know how TLO would be with it, nor the moderators! :lol:

Unless votes go another way, here is the start that I will roll this afternoon (can't do now - @work :coffee:) :

Normal, Pangea, Epic, low sea level, moderate climate
Standard number of civs
Prince

Of course, we play Mansa, la Pizzeria.

The roster:

1.TheLastOne36 (skipping)
2. pawelo
3. Civman123 (to be confirmed)
4. Arlborn
5. azaris

See you this afternoon!

Unless votes go another way, here is the start that I will roll this afternoon (can't do now - @work :coffee:) :

Normal, Pangea, Epic, low sea level, moderate climate
Standard number of civs
Prince

Of course, we play Mansa, la Pizzeria.

The roster:

1.TheLastOne36 (skipping)
2. pawelo
3. Civman123 (to be confirmed)
4. Arlborn
5. azaris

See you this afternoon!

I hope civman can play :)

If not, we can put a post in the sticky thread asking for one more player!

Pawelo: when you come home from your work today, do not forget to roll this start also, besides playing your turnset in cultural nut SG! Hehe.

Here we are guys.

After weeks of waiting, la Pizzeria can open at last!

First of all, please meet the pizzaiolo :

And the place he decided to open his lovely ristorante :

Buon appetito alla tutti!

-------------

I'll let the team talk about settling in place or moving and will play the opening moves later ( in 2-3 hours ).

Do not forget to report you to the TLO guidelines in the first post before playing your round.
Standard 24h got it / 48h play & report it are up.
Do not forget to warn everyone if you can't play. We'll skip you with no hesitation.
Cheer the quality of play/report, not the speed ;)

Let the fun begin!

Good luck all!

Uh-uh! I foresee a lot of seafood-pizza, whatever it is good for the business or not! :lol:

I would settle in place, but I hope you move the warrior to the hill 1NE before settling, just to be sure hehe. but even then, I think you would have to walk too much with the settler to go somewhere else which is worthy. This place have 4 hills, plus the one you are settling on, a cow on a plain and it has tons of forests! Chop chop chop! :p
We *could* even leave one or two forests for lumbmill, if you guys think it still has a bit of a low production...Maybe. Hehe.

Settle in place and research fishing > > > > Animal Husbandry? When fishing is in, build workboat ASAP! I just don't know for sure what to build in between! :p
With mining, we can also beeline for BW, so many forests! But I would research fishing first.

If people don't like to settle on place, we also go 1NW + 1W, or the hill south of the clams, but I don't see why not settle in place...

noob question deleted!

I hope you move the warrior to the hill 1NE before settling, just to be sure hehe. but even then, I think you would have to walk too much with the settler to go somewhere else which is worthy. This place have 4 hills, plus the one you are settling on, a cow on a plain and it has tons of forests! Chop chop chop! :p
We *could* even leave one or two forests for lumbmill, if you guys think it still has a bit of a low production...Maybe. Hehe.

Settle in place and research fishing > > > > Animal Husbandry? When fishing is in, build workboat ASAP! I just don't know for sure what to build in between! :p
With mining, we can also beeline for BW, so many forests! But I would research fishing first.

If people don't like to settle on place, we also go 1NW + 1W, or the hill south of the clams, but I don't see why not settle in place...

As you please :

:D

I would go for Fishing->BW while getting the first worker.
Than we can chop 2 workboats and off we go ;)

I vote settling in place as well.

Edit : no save for now, I will post it later, after first turnset ;)

Top Bottom