TLO-02 Mansa Musa la Pizzeria!

Coastal capital with Financial is always molto buon. Looks like desert to the east. I would settle in place, research Fishing -> BW -> AH. We could even chop two of the three work boats.

Should we delay Alphabet until we've axerushed our nearest neighbor (provided there's copper)?

Coastal capital with Financial is always molto buon. Looks like desert to the east. I would settle in place, research Fishing -> BW -> AH. We could even chop two of the three work boats.

Should we delay Alphabet until we've axerushed our nearest neighbor (provided there's copper)?

Agreed on both.
We will see at the end of my 30 if there is close AI to axerush.

I completely agree.

But what is molto buon? Italian for very good? :crazyeye:

just checking in. I hope to have my computer running in an hour, which is a full week before what i thought it would start to work. Good starting location i say we keep it.

just checking in. I hope to have my computer running in an hour, which is a full week before what i thought it would start to work. Good starting location i say we keep it.

Welcome back to your thread TheLastOne36 ;)
Would you like to start the turnset ?

I have proposed Slobberinbear to join us if you don't mind. Can we do it in 6-guys roster ?

sure thing why not? The more the merryier. I'd want to stay away from the first turnset as i might not be ready to play it.

So, here we go for our first turn set.

First of all, sorry to have forgotten to go after fishing first and start with BW... It's dumb of mine, and have cost us a few turns of nice commerce... Sorry.

Let's go anyway.

As I said, Tibouctou settled in place and I started BW :blush:

T2
Worker popped a louse map, discovering a nice jungle to the north, with a Jumbo river in the center.

After finding some nearby ressources ( gems, bananas, cow, corn ), in T8 we met:

Ho ho ho, we will surely get some early religion :)

T12
Someone founded Buddhism

T13
Drums...
Thrilling, ain't it ?

YES! The winner is IZZY!

On the other hand, our brave warrior gets 55 gold and survives to a pather on a jungle hill.

T15
We have someone founding Hindu. Do we have our friend Monty around us ?

Drums again...
Some more drums...

And here is the winner:

And guess what?
He converts on the next turn ;)

Unbelieveable, no ?

T17
The warrior pops experience and decides to go Woodman I and II. We have jungles pretty everywhere...

T22
We meet our next "friend", who will wh*** our techs badly ( and may be as well teching himself ), mr Pacal the IInd :

On the same turn, I just noticed my mistake not having started with fishing... I'm ashamed, I swear :blush:

Start fishing on T22, BW discovered NO COPPER...

T23
Worker up in Timbouctou, start a 2nd one.
This one goes to a forest hill to chop a little bit.

T28
On his way back to Timbouctou, our warrior barely survives to a lio. No wonder, he wasn't in his wooden paradise. We have some desert with stone and incense to the east. Pacal is our closest neighbour.
Worker chopped one forest and go chop another.

T30
(IT) Fishing -> Agriculture
Open to suggestions on this one.

Some screenies to y'all dotmappers around :

Our pizzeria :

Some more overview on our eastern neighborhood :

And now, the jungle with Izzy to the west and Monty to the north dead aead ( and he has copper... ) :

For the next 15, I suggest Agriculture -> AH, followed by IW.
Builds chop worker->chop workboat->chop workboat

Gonna be a hell of an entertaining turnset :lol:

So here is the roster :

1.TheLastOne36 (skipped)
2. pawelo (just played)
3. Civman123 (currently playing)
4. Arlborn (on deck)
5. azaris

Cheers!

2. at the end of every 10 turns we must give away all the techs we have researched to every singal AI.

Did you do, or had to do that? :crazyeye:

Pretty bad map by the way....Very...

the rule clearly points out that you only do that ounce you have Alphabet.

What about the Slavery switch?

And also i would like to decrease the amount of turns to 10 per turnset for people to remember giving away techs/revolting.

Should we re-roll? The map is horrible. i've never seen a desert that big before.

the rule clearly points out that you only do that ounce you have Alphabet.

What about the Slavery switch?

And also i would like to decrease the amount of turns to 10 per turnset for people to remember giving away techs/revolting.

Should we re-roll? The map is horrible. i've never seen a desert that big before.

Oh ye, of course, Alphabet! :lol:

Maybe we can change the rule to each 15 turns? Because epic SG with turnsets of 10 turns take way too much time!

And I vote for no re-roll! I wanna fun, and challenge is fun!

No-reroll for me, but switch to IW asap, instead of continuing for Agr / AH.
No slavery as for now, I decided against - we don't need it before our city is 2 anyway. And no need to have slave revolts for free. Of course, Iron & all the food in capital mean :whipped: pretty soon

Btw, this one will be a nice cottage paradise once the jungle is taken off.

I would target Monty first, before he goes crazy with his Jags.

EDIT: maybe the initial position is ugly, but we have no less than 5 happy ressources reachable easily. I think we should stick to this one, and try to get some cow-locations for our ristorantinas ( Djenne and the following )

Simple. Grab as much land before Monty can get it.

The black line near the blue Fat cross was an accident. So just ignore it.
This map shows all the possible city spots. Alot yes i know. But with this area of the map, we're defientaly putting a city there sooner or later, but the question is which tile? I've added the red and blue dot from the previous map and i've also added Green which might be our first city.

Sadly i couldn't get a coastal city with stone in the fat cross. :( And two of these cities overlap with Timbukto a bit.

I vote red and blue two - both great locations once the jungle is down. The dark green is a nice filler too, though it has no known ressources ( maybe a nice iron will pop up on one of these grasslands ).

As for other propositions, I'd say light green or brown near jumbos - brown has better terrain but no incense and vice versa. Light green closes also Pacal's expansion to the west. Orange is also a nice variant, closing Pacal pretty much too - then we would put a filler between green and this one for the Jumbos.

Yellow is a rather sad location - at the time it's up, stone will be already in VBFC of Timbuktu. South of the desert, I'd put light brown rather than the black. Less overlap and less desert. Also, as financial, though it only has one crab, it'll be a very nice commerce city.

Good luck TLO!

Welcome Slobberinbear!
Hope your reports will match your BTS Sitting Bull challenge ;)

Sorry LTO, the second picture has too many dots.

About the first picture with the blue and red, I like it. And about the third, I don't see why we should put cities there. Not now anyway!

Top Bottom