Tolkien's Middle-Earth Modpack

I get the same thing, It shows load status up to 57% then the dialog box comes up empty with only a OK button, in which I hit and the program crashes? Any suggestions?

same problem as raw is war?

Exactly the same problem. Can you help us out eclipse? or anyone?

Edit: plz :) It took me 2hrs to download on my 56k modem!

I will help you out, all mods need to be converted to the 1.29f format. All cases I know of the game will not work correctly with any old mods. Once the author updates it should work fine, in fact better then it did before. :)

Actually, this mod needs only version 1.21f.
I'll try it soon with 1.29f.
And why is there no balrog unit for the Mordai?
And the capital for them (the first city) should be Utumno, THEN Angband, THEN Barad-Dur

Wizard

Originally posted by Wizard
Actually, this mod needs only version 1.21f.
I'll try it soon with 1.29f.
And why is there no balrog unit for the Mordai?
And the capital for them (the first city) should be Utumno, THEN Angband, THEN Barad-Dur

Wizard

Not sure what you are smoking but I have not found one mod that will readily work without modifying to make it work w/1.29f. :cool: The Pedicons.txt has been changed, this is one file that needs to be edited. No offense or anything.

To be honest I am not sure anyone has been able to get your mod to work even before the patch. It looks real cool too :)

I got it to work; it worked great. I didn't use a modmanager, though. I made a back up copy of most of Civ 3 before installing it. Which took up several hundred MB's. I only played one game to mid point or so, before I had to start working on another Civ 3 project.

You're right, Desert Fox, it doesn't work w/1.29f.
Wonder where the update is going...
And it did work w/1.21f fine.

Originally posted by Wizard
You're right, Desert Fox, it doesn't work w/1.29f.
Wonder where the update is going...
And it did work w/1.21f fine.

1.21 did not change radically the folders for things etc. Plus you need to add a string to the pedicons.txt file. Elucidus knows exactly what to add. We found it better to just start with fresh 1.29f bic and start over from scratch. Good luck! Looking forward to trying out your mod, please use ZIP and not one of those crummy installers. Thanks!

Its looking great Eclipse! Thankyou for all the work. The installer does work fine :p

Have you any plans to add ents, warg riders on wolves :)p ;)), dragon(s), balrogs (!!) and winged Nazgul?

They'd give a bit more distinguishing aspect from the default game.

The installer works if your installing on your default hard drive. Some of us gamers have separate hard drives for games like myself. Event hough I changed the destination in the installer program, it still installed on my C hard drive.

Having a problem loading the mod. I started with a clean copy of Civ3 with update 1.29f and then ran the install for the beta. Everything seemed to install fine but when loading the game it get to 57% and locks with a empty error message box. :confused: The beta download was the single copy version. Using Xp home. I don't mind doing so trouble shooting but not sure were to start.

Waiting for the 1.29f update.........

[plasma] :rocket: :ar15: :ripper: :scout: :sheep:

To fix the empty message box error with the 1.29f patch, just copy the Small Tech Icons section from your the PediaIcons.txt that came with the 1.29f patch to the PediaIcons in the mod. You should be able to load it now.

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Its looking great Eclipse! Thankyou for all the work. The installer does work fine :p

Have you any plans to add ents, warg riders on wolves :)p ;)), dragon(s), balrogs (!!) and winged Nazgul?

They'd give a bit more distinguishing aspect from the default game.

They should barbarian units, it makes sense to do so.

p.s.I have no clue what a winged Nazgul is

Originally posted by Hemiptera
To fix the empty message box error with the 1.29f patch, just copy the Small Tech Icons section from your the PediaIcons.txt that came with the 1.29f patch to the PediaIcons in the mod. You should be able to load it now.

What???? I have no idea what your talking about. Please just attach the pediaicons.txt as a file, then i can just copy and paste.

p.s. I deliberately didn't make a backup. So don't patronise how to copy and paste

Here is the fixed pediaicons.txt for eclipse's lotr mod. You don't even have to copy and paste.
I recomend you make a backup of the last section so you don't have to go through this again if you want to go back to a vanilla civ3 or another <= 1.21f mod. Thats the section that starts with the line:

# Small Tech Icons

Get from there to the end of the file.
That section is needed for any pre 1.29f mod that replaces the pediaicons.txt file. The reason that this section is needed is that the icons for this section (icons on tech tree) was previously hard coded. So it was not needed in the pre1.29 patches. But in the 1.29f patch they moved it to the pediaicons.txt file.

Update: Hmm the file seems not to have been included..

This should really be the file

Attachments

• pediaicons.txt
    63.7 KB · Views: 468
Top Bottom