Toltec Leaderhead 3.0 preview

Well I dunno much about Olmecs, actually. They`re from America, thats about it. And they were there before the african slaves were brought. And they`re supposed to be indians. And that LH you`ve got there.. thats Shaka Zulu at a Rio carneval, IMO.

I dunno, we`ll see what the others will say.

Looks very nice! And the background is amazing! :thumbsup:

What Blue Monkey said would be a good thing to do. Maybe you could make the golden bird a little smaller? Just a little (currently it's covering a bit too much of his eyes and nose, but that's just my opinion)

It's nice to see that you use DAZ ;) . I have that outfit also. If you get the cloak, it looks good with the headdress and collar. (It's the generic M3 cloak you need as the Mesoamerican texture for it comes with the other files you have).

Onto the leaderhead itself. He is African looking. He needs to have paler skin than that, matey. It's difficult to get past the skin colour to see if he could look more Mesoamerican to be honest; maybe not such a long face?

Onto the leaderhead itself. He is African looking. He needs to have paler skin than that, matey. It's difficult to get past the skin colour to see if he could look more Mesoamerican to be honest; maybe not such a long face?
I'm pretty sure SoG is going for the look of one of these guys (of which there are plenty in the jungles of the isthmus); the problem is the skin tone, not the features.

All of them do seem to be rounder-faced than his LH though.

hmm.. his skin colour is still too dark, too african. as was said, a redder, paler colour is needed.

To be honest, I can't really tell much difference. He still looks (to me) like an African with Mesoamerican clothing.

@Blue Monkey : I think the round-face style could be more to do with the art style in Mesoamerica at the time than how round the people's faces were. I'm no expert though...

I did this leaderhead about two years ago (but didn't upload for some reason, then lost the files sadly). Nowadays I could probably improve on it, but I though I'd show you what I was looking at for a Toltec leaderhead. Oh look! Identical outfits....

Perhaps what is needed is something inbetween this and your leaderhead.

Top Bottom