TOS: WWII In the Pacific Variant-Needs 1

GPS to USA

Japanese armies continue their blitzkrieg through China. Chengdu and Taiyan were captured and then Lanchow (undefended). 3 planes were destroyed in an airfield near Sining. Elsewhere, a guerilla was destroyed and an artillery captured. The Chinese are down to 3 cities and will probably only last a couple more turns.

Meanwhile, the war in the Pacific has been disastrous for the Japanese. We sank 4 ships near Hilo but lost 2 fully loaded carriers when they ran into subs. This pretty well ends our agressive Pacific naval campaign and we are limping away to regroup. We also lost 2 destroyers and a sub elsewhere but did manage to sink the US ship Housten. Japan has decided to look South to Indonesia and Borneo to continue its expansion.

The Japanese continue to cause harm to the US with their last turn results. Frankly, I didn't expect to lose that many ships. But the Japs have been well played so far.

Kido Butai is gone. Non-existant.
CV Shokaku, CA Chikuma, DD Kasumi....SUNK

An I-Boat was also sunk South of Wake.

GPS to CW.

Sully

GPS to China

Sunk a Jap BB southeast of Rabaul. Cut a road near Rangoon and the road to Oil in Borneo.

Bombed the fleeing Jap forces north of Port Morseby -- redlined both DDs.

WVCivnut said:
GPS to China

Sunk a Jap BB southeast of Rabaul. Cut a road near Rangoon and the road to Oil in Borneo.

Bombed the fleeing Jap forces north of Port Morseby -- redlined both DDs.

Jolly good show!

China is feeling the white hot pain of Japanese bayonets! Our cities have been turned into slave camps and our mothers made to service the evil Japanese warlords. All had hoped that with the help of western strategist China might weather the storm but that has all but fallen away. After the next turn China expects only to hold a single city surrounded by red. It was a surprise that the invaders pushed inward as far as they had.

GPS to USA

Japan continues her invasion of China capturing Ningsia and Sining, both undefended. Only 2 Chinese cities remain. If China pays a ransom of $1000 gold I will spare them. Maybe your allies will lend you this. Now is the time to see if they are all talk or if they will help you.

Japan also captured Palemberg and Kudat and sank 3 Dutch ships in the area losing one destroyer. Japanese forces are laying seige to the remaining Dutch cities in Borneo.

The USA was spared this turn.

Dirty rotten Jap #*$&^())Q@)_!@#_+#$+)(*)&^#@#!!!!!!!!!!!! Your treachery will not be rewarded with Blood Money!

Disclaimer: The above quote applies only to Spartaca and is no way meant to reflect negatively to any person of Japanese ancestry who may be surfing this thread!

Flee for the mountains -- Chinese brothers. Fight from the shadows and be a thorn in the Japanese sides. You shall be avenged!!

Just what I thought. Your allies are all talk and no money! Pay up guys if you ever want to see your Chinese friends again.

As the humble leader of the Chinese people, I wish to send my regret to the allies that I wasn't able to defend against the Japanese invasion. I know that this defeat makes an allied offensive counter-strike more difficult. I only hope that the red tide can be staved in points south. I would not think of subjecting myself, my people or my allies to bribes and ransoms. I know that the thought of allied funds building red Jap militants makes us all want to puke. To the allies, good luck, "Boys,Avenge me, Avenge me..."
I'll see you in hell Japan, do your worst.

The Mighty Jap Empire thought they might catch the US napping after the great results from last turn! However, the DD Morris was quite effective. The US Carrier Task Force "ran into" a nest of IJN I-Boats. How many..don't know? But two were sunk while losing one DD. Then after leading the attack against the submariners...the Morris heading back to Hawaii for repairs ended its turn next to a Jap DD. SBDs from Midway attacked and sunk the DD but also saw a glimpse of another enemy task force to the NW of their Flight Path.

A F4F recon mission spotted a IJN, 3 BB Task Force. This provoked a strong response from US forces. Combined air strikes from Midway, Wake, and TF 58 sank 3 BBs! The CA Indianapolis finished off the damaged ships.

IJN Losses; BBs Yamato, Mutsu, and Nagato, a DD, and 2 I-Boats. US lost one SBD and a DD.

GPS to CW

Sully

GPS to USA

Japan declares Victory in China day! The last 2 holdout Chinese cities were taken and the Chinese leader submits to the Japanese Emperor. Japan now turns its attendtion to Holland. Bandjermasin and Ketapang were captured, completing the conquest of Borneo. A Commonwealth battleship and destroyer were sunk near Borneo and 2 unidentified subs were sunk. In the Pacific, a US destroyer was sunk and the CV Saratoga was sunk near Hilo. Japan lost one sub near Pearl Harbour.

The Battle of Sian was lost and the Chinese were forced into total submission. It was rumored that the captured Chinese leader was only a decoy and the real Leader of the Chinese Republic is basking in the sun on a remote beach sippin' Mai Tais.
Thanks guys, I enjoyed it. Let me know if another game kicks off when you finish this one. In a month or so I'll have alot more time in the evenings to play. Sorry about any delays. Have a great summer.

TexanbyBirth said:
The Battle of Sian was lost and the Chinese were forced into total submission. It was rumored that the captured Chinese leader was only a decoy and the real Leader of the Chinese Republic is basking in the sun on a remote beach sippin' Mai Tais.
Thanks guys, I enjoyed it. Let me know if another game kicks off when you finish this one. In a month or so I'll have alot more time in the evenings to play. Sorry about any delays. Have a great summer.

It was not entirely your fault, the defense of Burma was badly
managed. Every inch of road between Rangoon and Mandalay
should have been ripped up BEFORE the Japanese got there. With
the Japs coming up from Burma you didn't stand much of a chance.

Top Bottom