Trade department 4th term

Status
Not open for further replies.
fephisto's resignation promotes Waterz to Department Leader. This raises a couple of issues. First, Waterz is already a Leader (Provincial Governor) and a citizen may only hold one leadership position. Waterz, you'll need to resign one or the other. Second, Trade needs a Deputy. Waterz, if you decide to keep the Trade Leader position you'll need to appoint a Deputy and have him/her confirmed in a poll.

Can Waterz keep his Deputy position and his Governorship, or must he accept the promotion to Trade Leader?

My preliminary ruling would be that he could keep the Deputy position. My interpretation being that because a citizen can only hold one Leadership office, he would have to resign his governorship before being elevated to Department Leader. A Judicial Review may come up with a different interpretation.

I don't believe Waterz should be forced out of his position of Governor. He should have the option of choosing the position he wants.

I just wanted to remind us that absent leadership gives way to Turn Chat power. Should there be no trade proposal made, the Chat group can make deals, of course, led by the President. It would serve us well to make a few deals this turn.

BTW, this is why I've always been against holding 2 positions - because the deputy can not fulfill the duties of the leader anyway. (record changed now, i've got it out) :)

The Judiciary has reviewed the situation and how the existing rules affect it in this thread. The results of the Judicial Review are:

Waterz may keep his current positions (ref CON H, If Waterz does not resign as governor he may not become Trade Leader). The President will then need to appoint a new Trade Leader (ref COL H-1-a-(1), President appoints leaders for vacant offices). Waterz may also resign as Provincial Governor and be promoted to Trade Leader (ref COL H-1-a, Deputy is promoted to Leader if the Leader position is absent). Waterz would then appoint a new Trade Deputy (ref COL H-2-a-(1), Department Leader appoints Deputy if there is no Designated Chat Rep) and the President would appoint a new governor (ref COL H-1-a-(1), same as above).

In the absence of a Trade Leader at the moment, can we let any citizen make Trade Proposals? Perhaps any proposal can be posted here and the chat group could use any, if they want to. I guess none would be binding - unless posted by waterz (Deputy).

For instance, I have noticed a very profitable trade with the Iroquois. They are the only advanced nation without Electronics and we could sell it to them for 24gpt and a lump sum. The other nations have it and I think we should sell it to them first.

Well, chiefpaco, i have resigned from my govenorship of New Cormyr and now becasue fephisto has resigned i am Trade Leader so now there is no more debating over all of this comotion abput trade leader. But your proposal sounds very good and will bring it up in the next turn chat.

I hope you can bring your ideas to the forum first. That way everyone gets a chance to see the ideas and maybe make other good options. You could then post the resulting proposal set in the turn instructions. I think it would be most Democratic.

Ok as new Trade Leader please post your recommendations in this thread this is my first time as Trade Leader so i will need your help with this

Thankyou

Some things that might be useful in this thread:
1. A list of all current deals and expiration dates
2. Possible deals we can make
3. List of all resources we control
4. Unconnected resources
5. Unconnected cities
6. Cities you recommend building harbors and airports

On the last point, does the Trade Minister have autority over that?
Hope that helps.

Congrats to Waterz on becoming the new trade leader! :)

Originally posted by Octavian X

6. Cities you recommend building harbors and airports

On the last point, does the Trade Minister have autority over that?
Hope that helps.
No, but that's an interesting suggestion. Might be worth starting up a discussion thread.

Also look at the previous terms to see how your predecesors ran the Trade Department. ;) In Term 2, I made a resource assessment sheet, and Zur also made an excel sheet. It was the Golden Age of Trade then. :D

A council vote is in session for the appointed governor of New Cormyr. Please cast your vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom