• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Trades ans what to research for 1430 AD

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
Persia
He wants: Refining or Atomic Theory or Steel for WM/19GPT/119g

Aztecs
He wants: Electricity or Industrialization for Spices/WM/11g

Zulu
He wants: Industrialization or Electricity for WM/25GPT/60g
We give: Coal for WM/25GPT/60g

Greece
Nothing of Value

Egypt
Nothing of Value

England
Nothing of Value

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
What we can research:
Combustion (4 turns)
Sanitation
Communism
Espionage

So far are goal is to go for tanks. Shall we continue this goal or not? Amphibious War will be useful to attack England or other civs. People want sanitation to grow larger right after we get tanks.

Discuss...

Truckingpete
Minister of Trade and Technology

I don't think we should do either the Aztec or Persian deals. I do think that we should do the Coal deal with the Zulu; it would be best for our locomotion if Shaka already had a railnet in place when we conquer them.

Trades

Persians: no way; they are our closest rival in tech

Aztecs: It's tempting to get another Luxury, but I am not sure if Monty is offering enough. Would probably vote yes, however.

Zulus: I like the Coal deal, although I could only get WM/ 21gpt/ 52g out of them. :)

Research

I still stand by Sanitation in 4 turns. Doing so would allow us to drop the science rate to 50% and still get it in 4, while also raising our gpt to 652 for the four turns. This gold could be put to good use by governors in shield-poor cities, or for rushing units in midrange production cities.

With this sidestep tech out of the way, our 10+ cities that have maxed out will be ready to grow once they invest in a Hospital. This will help in increasing both production and commerce, and should help our overall military goals in the long run.

Attachments

• ad1430-sanitation (2).jpg
    ad1430-sanitation (2).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 127
Hmm..We could lower the research rate so we can get more gold. We mihgt need to upgrade units, rushes, ect...But we still want to research fast...we are trying to stay ahead...

I see people like the coal deal too...
But I still think we should research to tanks then go to sanitation...It wouldn't take long....

Let's go straight to tanks, then we can research Sanitation with a reduced science rate. If we wait a while, we might even get more gold out of researching Sanitation (as we might be able to do it in 4 turns on a 40% slider rate).

Everyone seems a bit tank happy ;) , but why not enjoy the game a bit. It is supposed to be a journey, not a destination. Plus we have several cities that are just throwing surplus food on the streets.

I don't think anyone would argue that the extra 1400g provided by my plan wouldn't come in handy. So let's get this necessary tech, and some extra gold to boot. :)

hehe, the "journey" in term1 and 2 was red tape. :p

Originally posted by Furiey
It might be worth considering buying a Territory map (they usually only cost 1 or 2 gold) just before we declare war on that nation - it can help having the their latest road/rail info.
Why buy it? Trade maps. Ours will not help them. :D

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Official request.

Get me some money, slow down research !

Respectfully yours,
Rik Meleet.
Citizen's opinion:

The government wants to party (since no reason for this request is given). ;)

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
You got it tao, it's party time, but don't tell the others !

Reason: funds for rushes and upgrades.
Which rushes? And we will have a treasury of at least 1700g by the time we learn combustion. IMHO we should go to tanks as fast as possible and not unnecessary delay progress.

So the government wants to party..eh??;) Well...as the Technology Advisor..I would have to say is I would like it lowered were we can research the fastest time instead out of 100%//but I still want to research at full power!!

Just some military input - Since we'll be getting tanks next turnchat, I'd also like to go for Flight. This way, we can prepare for the invasion of the other continent (once we have a foothold, we can start to airlift troops).

EDIT: Since we'll be trading with the Zulus, this gives us 20 turns to attack Greece, Egypt, and England. Attacking the Zulus will give is a rep hit if we're still trading (we still don't know if we'll need the Aztecs "help", atleast temporarily). Once the trade deal ends, we should be ready to attack the Zulus, so trades shouldn't be renewed in 20 turns. We'll mostly likely have all the luxs we need.

Yes, I think we will be ready to attack the Zulus after the trade is over...But didn't somebody say..WE DON'T CARE ABOUT OUR REP! (sorry for the yelling) but somebody said that...

CT - I give you tanks, you BETTER use'em,,I give you planes, you use'em..talk about departments working together...:D

hehe, now if the governors can give me 25 tanks per turnchat... :D (We're gonna need to double the size of our fleet...)

Originally posted by Chieftess
hehe, now if the governors can give me 25 tanks per turnchat... :D (We're gonna need to double the size of our fleet...)
Looking at the F1 screen, 25 tanks per turnchat is possible even without hospitals. And we double the transport capacity of our fleet by upgrading galleons to transports. And St. Octaviansburg will build 5 destroyers per turnchat. If you want more galleons/transports, New Falcon's Heaven will build one every 2 turns. :goodjob:

Top Bottom