1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tradition opening?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by OverWind, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Steelyglint

Steelyglint Warlord

I normally adopt tradition, then do most of liberty, then switch back to tradition. Normally get the free Settler and Worker, then the golden age and reduction in policy costs, then take the free culture buildings if I have researched Philosophy by this time, finish them both off in no particular order, then move on either to rationalism, patronage or freedom.

Just taking tradition opener then leaving it will set you back in the long run but it helps you get the next few policies quicker and makes your cap's borders grow quick, which I why I like it.

2. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

Hehehe, the Social Policies are interesting things.

Before the patches there was a clear path to take to even attempt ultilizing the policies qucikly, much less the Cultural Victory. Now the path is a lot more varied and achieveable in many ways. I've always opened on Tradition, but for different reasons; my typical path now runs along Tradition opener, Liberty opener, halfway down Liberty, Honor opener - by then I'm in the Medieval Era and I can blitz Piety - and depending on my current position I'd modify the path. There's little difference between this and the original path with the expception of Honor; I never bothered with any military advantage in the older games, and I always left Free Religion till last; always use the two free policies to complete the last of the trees and start work on the Utopia Project.