Tribalism too powerful.

xcrissxcrossx

Prince
As the very first civic you start out with, it should be particularly weak. Even the definition says it is hard to maintain a large empire with a tribal society. Despite this, It is pretty much better than all of the society civics up until Liberal, when you discover liberalism. I nerfed my own game by adding -25% great people, +1 local instability per turn, +2 national instability per turn, and taking away the culture bonus for tribal society. Even with these it is still competitive with the other society civics (if you have a lot of camps, or want the production bonus without the major GP malus of caste).

The main handicap of tribalism is the "Max no of cities: 3", which is very limiting the otherwise fairly good properties. Of course the strength of the civic strongly depends on the mapsize you play on and how much expansion possibilities there are.

All civics in 1.75&1.76 are (and will be) disbalanced. It's a shame... I am sure skilled peoples can fix all civics bugs and disbalances within several minutes. But for us it is impossible or will take too much time.

The main handicap of tribalism is the "Max no of cities: 3", which is very limiting the otherwise fairly good properties. Of course the strength of the civic strongly depends on the mapsize you play on and how much expansion possibilities there are.

I meant the civic in the "society" column. You are thinking of the "government" one.

I agree, I also nerfed Tribalism (along with many of the other starting civics) for my mod.

Top Bottom