Troubleshooting and F.A.Q.

Yay!

I assume Inflation is increased by having the Commerce -> Wealth % high for too long, but I guess it's inevitable for that to happen in your mod since Cottages are unlocked later.

Previously it was just based on the number of turns that have passed. K-Mod (merged in 1.24) made some changes that also linked it to tech progression and trading, but I wasn't aware of this. Seems to be something else affecting it too, but I'm not sure what. Decided to remove it, rather than untangling further.

The attached save crashes to desktop for me, either during loading or immediately upon clicking end turn. Crash report attached also. Is this a MAF? I hope not - it's a standard size/normal speed game and so I had hoped my computer could handle it.

Attachments

• crashreport.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Yaroslav CE-1826.CivBeyondSwordSave
    486.1 KB · Views: 212
Crashes for me when I try to load the game too, same report. It's not an MAF but something to do with civics, which is puzzling. Do you have a saved game from a few turns earlier?

Here are two earlier saves. The 1736 save gives me no trouble. The 1806 one causes some trouble, but usually opens OK if I load an earlier save first.

Attachments

• Yaroslav CE-1736.CivBeyondSwordSave
    424.3 KB · Views: 212
  • Yaroslav CE-1806.CivBeyondSwordSave
    469.2 KB · Views: 226
Hello again, I am getting a crash similar to the one above in the attached game. The save crashes to desktop while loading. I also attached a crash report and an earlier save that works OK.

Attachments

• crashreport.txt
    59.4 KB · Views: 104
  • Suryavarman CE-1696.CivBeyondSwordSave
    437.2 KB · Views: 226
  • Suryavarman Crash CE-1742.CivBeyondSwordSave
    439.5 KB · Views: 200
Hello again, I am getting a crash similar to the one above in the attached game. The save crashes to desktop while loading. I also attached a crash report and an earlier save that works OK.

Thanks. I'm incredibly busy at the moment, but I'll take a look as soon as I get some spare time.

Hello, me too. Crash on end turn, might be because of a random event but I'm guessing.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    32.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Rambo919 CE-1564.CivBeyondSwordSave
    619.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Civ4BeyondSword.exe.dmp.7z
    728.6 KB · Views: 105
Hi.
The attached savefile makes crash on ending turn. I checked on 2 diffrent systems. One is i3, 8GB RAM, Win7 desktop, the other is i7, 4GB RAM, Win7 laptop.
I guess I found the culprit. It's finishing of researching. A few turns before, Radio tech was about to finished. On clicking end-turn, with completing research, it crashed to desktop. Then I slowed down research rate and it progressed well and not completed and not crashed. I had changed research subject to Marketing and now it is also causing crash when completing. And when I sacrificed a Great Spy to finish the Radio tech and it crashed too. But tech stealing seems OK. The spy stationed on Swahili city of Mombasa can steal their tech and it does not cause crash.
Sorry for my broken English... and thank you.

Attachments

• HEROD CE-1944.CivBeyondSwordSave
    836.2 KB · Views: 208
As you may remember, I have incorporated your espionage advisor into my mod. There, the player often has a different ID than 0. A bug surfaces if the player with ID 0 appears in the espionage advisor. Whenever you only hover over any of the plus/minus buttons, the action of this button is applied to the player with ID 0. Once when you hover over it, and the other when the cursor leaves its bounding box again.

This bug probably doesn't come up usually because the human player generally uses ID 0 themself. I assume it is related to how Python treats None as 0.

Hello, me too. Crash on end turn, might be because of a random event but I'm guessing.

Hi.
The attached savefile makes crash on ending turn. I checked on 2 diffrent systems. One is i3, 8GB RAM, Win7 desktop, the other is i7, 4GB RAM, Win7 laptop.
I guess I found the culprit. It's finishing of researching. A few turns before, Radio tech was about to finished. On clicking end-turn, with completing research, it crashed to desktop. Then I slowed down research rate and it progressed well and not completed and not crashed. I had changed research subject to Marketing and now it is also causing crash when completing. And when I sacrificed a Great Spy to finish the Radio tech and it crashed too. But tech stealing seems OK. The spy stationed on Swahili city of Mombasa can steal their tech and it does not cause crash.
Sorry for my broken English... and thank you.

Sorry for the slow response, I've been travelling and have barely any time at all for civ these last couple of months. Thanks for your reports and attachments. Things should be much less hectic for me once August arrives, so I'll get onto them then.

As you may remember, I have incorporated your espionage advisor into my mod. There, the player often has a different ID than 0. A bug surfaces if the player with ID 0 appears in the espionage advisor. Whenever you only hover over any of the plus/minus buttons, the action of this button is applied to the player with ID 0. Once when you hover over it, and the other when the cursor leaves its bounding box again.

This bug probably doesn't come up usually because the human player generally uses ID 0 themself. I assume it is related to how Python treats None as 0.

Did you find the fix for this? If not, I can take a look at it next week. The human player's ID is always 0 in HR so I wouldn't have noticed this problem.

I wouldn't call it a fix, it's more of a workaround:
Code:
               # Weight Buttons
                screen.setImageButtonAt("WeightIncrease" + str(iRival), PlayerPanel, CyArtFileMgr().getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_BUTTONS_PLUS").getPath(), self.X_PLAYER_INFO, self.Y_PLAYER_INFO + (self.LINE_SPACING * 2), self.WEIGHT_BUTTON_SIZE, self.WEIGHT_BUTTON_SIZE, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, iRivalTeam + 1, self.iIncrement)
                screen.setImageButtonAt("WeightDecrease" + str(iRival), PlayerPanel, CyArtFileMgr().getInterfaceArtInfo("INTERFACE_BUTTONS_MINUS").getPath(), self.X_PLAYER_INFO + self.WEIGHT_BUTTON_SIZE, self.Y_PLAYER_INFO + (self.LINE_SPACING * 2), self.WEIGHT_BUTTON_SIZE, self.WEIGHT_BUTTON_SIZE, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, iRivalTeam + 1, self.iIncrement)
Code:
       elif inputClass.getFunctionName().startswith("WeightIncrease"):
                self.changeEspionageWeight(inputClass.getData1() - 1, self.iIncrement)

elif inputClass.getFunctionName().startswith("WeightDecrease"):
                self.changeEspionageWeight(inputClass.getData1() - 1, -self.iIncrement)
Notice the +1 when the input is submitted and -1 when it is read. So 0 is never being used. But I haven't been able to track the original cause of the error.

I seem to keep getting a crash in my single player game as soon as I hit end turn and I managed to save the game the turn before it crashes I'm using the latest version of the mod, but I was not aware that I had to enable logging so I don't know if that will interfere with you trying to find the cause of the crash. Can you take a look at it though and see if it crashes for you too?

Attachments

• Single Player Game.CivBeyondSwordSave
    560.7 KB · Views: 197
I seem to keep getting a crash in my single player game as soon as I hit end turn and I managed to save the game the turn before it crashes I'm using the latest version of the mod, but I was not aware that I had to enable logging so I don't know if that will interfere with you trying to find the cause of the crash. Can you take a look at it though and see if it crashes for you too?

I don't have an unaltered version of 1.24.1 set up at the moment. You should still get a crash report from your OS though, can you please post that?

Where would I find this crash report?

Depends on your OS, but there's usually a button to view it on the popup announcing the application has crashed.

yeah that does not happen when it crashes for me. It just say the application has crashed, but does not show me a file location as to where the crash report is made. I do see files in my Logs folder for civ 4, but they are all OOS logs which i would imagine has no use in this situation. Im using Windows 10 64 bit.

Hi, my Great Merchant can't found East India Company.
  1. I researched Charter and got the message that I can found East India Company.
  2. I had a Great Merchant sleeping in one of my cities. I wake him up.
  3. He has an icon to construct "East India Company", but it's greyed out. It doesn't show any red message when I hover on it, it's just greyed out.
  4. I have 4 of the resources for the East India Company.
Any idea how to activate it? Thanks.
Very pleasant mod, BTW. I like a lot of resources and the gameplay in general.

Hi, my Great Merchant can't found East India Company.
  1. I researched Charter and got the message that I can found East India Company.
  2. I had a Great Merchant sleeping in one of my cities. I wake him up.
  3. He has an icon to construct "East India Company", but it's greyed out. It doesn't show any red message when I hover on it, it's just greyed out.
  4. I have 4 of the resources for the East India Company.
Any idea how to activate it? Thanks.
Very pleasant mod, BTW. I like a lot of resources and the gameplay in general.
Can you post the save file?
Maybe you have a conflicting civic, or an AI beat you to founding it.

On a related note, sometimes when I have a great prophet, I can't found a religion and can't figure out why. I didn't save when it happened though so it might be a bug, or more likely, I just couldn't figure out what the conflict was.

Here is a save. Another interesting thing is:
  1. there are two Great Prophets, one in Pataliputra (and he cannot build Great Temple, he has no icon to do that), another Great Prophet is in Vladivostok, and he has an icon to build a Great Temple.
  2. A worker east of Murmansk has an icon to build a farm, but it's greyed out.
Thanks!

PS. Perhaps I was unable to found a corporation because I had Central Planning. It was my first playthrough, so I didn't know and had no clue why. Thanks!

Attachments

• Alan CE-1415bug.CivBeyondSwordSave
    434.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Here is a save. Another interesting thing is:
  1. there are two Great Prophets, one in Pataliputra (and he cannot build Great Temple, he has no icon to do that), another Great Prophet is in Vladivostok, and he has an icon to build a Great Temple.
  2. A worker east of Murmansk has an icon to build a farm, but it's greyed out.
Thanks!

PS. Perhaps I was unable to found a corporation because I had Central Planning. It was my first playthrough, so I didn't know and had no clue why. Thanks!
No problem, as for the other questions,
1) There was already a great temple in Pataliputra so your great prophet was unable to build one there.
2) You can build a farm on the plot once you have irrigated the plot. Before crop rotation you can only build farms adjacent to rivers and lakes. After crop rotation you can irrigate tiles. This means you can build farms around existing farms (as if the existing farm was a lake). In your save you can build a farm on the tile with the worker on it if you first build a farm on the tile one move down, and one move to the left of your worker. This will irrigate the tile you were originally wanting to build the farm on, allowing you to build your farm there. Once you unlock genetics you can build a farm anywhere so you won't need to worry about irrigation.

Top Bottom