Troubleshooting and F.A.Q.

I don't know if it's fixed in 1.25, but in 1.24 hagia sophia causes a bug when you capture a required building. e.g. if you capture a constabulary replacement, you can't build courthouse in the captured city. I captured a forum and couldn't build the customs house or something like that.

I've got a crash to desktop, always at the same turn, doesn't matter if I go some turns back and play differently: always after a precise moment I get the CTD.
The save file of the previous turn is attached. Just click "end turn" and you will get the CTD.

Attachments

• Hungarians 3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    551.6 KB · Views: 88
In v1.24, there was a bug that even if a spiritual civilization built a religious wonder, it would not be in the golden age.
I found v1.25.2 beta on a site called MODDB, so I'm going to test play it.
I love this mod.

There's not a bug on the Spiritual trait. It says "Great Temple of State Religion starts a Golden Age", so only when you spend a Great Prophet to create a Great Temple the Golden Age is triggered.
Welcome to this mod!

P.S: 1.25.2 is not a finished version at this point.

bug.

Attachments

• bug-civ4hr1.25.2b.jpg
    bug-civ4hr1.25.2b.jpg
    895 KB · Views: 57
Hi Xyth,
Just downloaded the 1.25 version and I've got a lot of problems with colours (a lot of pink, no symbols on flags...).
Also don't know why I have no music neither sound effects.
I'm playing on Windows system.
Let's see if anybody else is experiencing same problems. If I'm the only one, I will reinstall the vanilla game and mod.
Thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.32 (3).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.32 (3).jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 28
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.32.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.31 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.31 (1).jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.32 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.32 (2).jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 30
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.31.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 32
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.31 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-16 at 19.46.31 (2).jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi Xyth,
Just downloaded the 1.25 version and I've got a lot of problems with colours (a lot of pink, no symbols on flags...).
Also don't know why I have no music neither sound effects.
I'm playing on Windows system.
Let's see if anybody else is experiencing same problems. If I'm the only one, I will reinstall the vanilla game and mod.
Thanks!

The game uses pink for any graphic it can't find or load. Everything missing in your screenshots normally resides in /History Rewritten/Assets/Art/Interface/ ( a ~16 MB folder) so I suspect something has gone wrong with your installation of 1.25. Unlikely to be a problem with base BTS.

Ok, I'll reinstall the mod later and let you know if it works properly

The game uses pink for any graphic it can't find or load. Everything missing in your screenshots normally resides in /History Rewritten/Assets/Art/Interface/ ( a ~16 MB folder) so I suspect something has gone wrong with your installation of 1.25. Unlikely to be a problem with base BTS.

It seems it was a problem with the download: it was not fully downloaded. I downloaded it again and now it works fine. Thanks!

Today I've been playing a bit. I found that the dialogue to break a Right of passage agreement is not properly shown. A picture is attached.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-12-20 at 20.37.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-12-20 at 20.37.21.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 45
Two things to report.... a neighbouring civ keeps gifting me a city (or trying to) but it never changes hands and at around 1950 every single action a unit makes increasingly freezes the game making it unplayable.

Today I've been playing a bit. I found that the dialogue to break a Right of passage agreement is not properly shown. A picture is attached.

Can't figure out why this is happening but I'll keep investigating. Is it happening with any other deals?

Two things to report.... a neighbouring civ keeps gifting me a city (or trying to) but it never changes hands and at around 1950 every single action a unit makes increasingly freezes the game making it unplayable.

A save game of these situations would be really helpful if you have them.

A save game of these situations would be really helpful if you have them.
Sorry, I really should have kept one of the massive slowdown but wasn't thinking clearly at the time and the autosaves are long gone. Here is all the hard saves I made of that particular game, the latest unfortunately being 1911 where the turns are only starting to slow.
https://mega.nz/file/MVxGnITD#U2ic5kLXV9iH_KxLxD4wHRTpo9V8pE2p4AnKkPjWJJ4

I have no idea when exactly the city gifting bug started as I was not really paying attention and eventually treating it like a cute oddity, I think it's Nobamba to the north that he keeps trying to gift me but because it's his capital.....

Hi Xyth, here I report a bug we could call the "Bermuda triangle bug". It's very rare, after years of playing I've never got this before. Don't know if this could be related to 1.25 version.
So the bug is a region where my units disappear if they try to access. The region was occupied by barbarian city and was conquered by England, just immediately the zone became "Bermuda triangle".
Playing on windows.
I attached a saved game. In order to test the bug you only need to move the scout to the south.

Attachments

• Ghost.CivBeyondSwordSave
    226.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Top Bottom