Trump nominated for Peace Prize.

abradley

Deity
"It's a great honor to be nominated, and I know it has tremendous significance," Trump told Fox News Radio White House correspondent Jon Decker. "I just think it's a great thing for our country. It shows that we're trying to make peace, not war all the time."

Trump's nomination for the Peace Prize was submitted by Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a member of the Norwegian Parliament who lauded the president's role in brokering a peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

SUBSCRIBE AND DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS RUNDOWN

According to Trump, the so-called Abraham Accord is just the start of a broader U.S. effort to resolve protracted conflicts worldwide.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-reacts-nobel-peace-prize-nomination-honor

Will he win it?

The guardian defines the norwegian mp who nominated Trump as "far-right".
And no, Trump has no chance of winning, he is pretty low on the list of odds. It seems to either be that swedish (?) activist girl or a NZ politician.

Thousands of people can make nominations. Ho hum.

There could be some merit in Trump getting it if he really was behind the scenes coordinating normalizing relations between Israel and the Arab states, but I’d say there’s too little information out there and it’s too early to tell.

Last edited:
Pretty low bar if just "not starting any NEW conflicts" was how he'd win it. Still, Obama basically won on rhetoric alone. Personally I think they got burned on that one and probably still feel like it. A POTUS would have to do something pretty significant and concrete to win.

Attempting coups in Venezuela, vetoing the War Powers Resolution, ramping up drone strikes, increasing civilian casualties, tanking the JCPOA....what'd he do to earn it? Watch SK and NK warm to each other a bit? That was mostly President Moon, not Trump. Start negotiations with Isreal and UAE? Why? So they can now buy F-35s? Sounds peaceful. Constantly hound NATO allies to buy more weapons? Sounds peaceful.

FFS. It simply isnt happening. Not a snowball's chance in Hell and I'm not talking that cold level of Hell from Inferno. I'm talking Lake of Fire Hell here.

Obviously he won't win (neither will Biden). But it is good pr for preaching to the white-hooded choir.
Though not very good when the winner is announced, a month from now, and it isn't Trump.

Yeah, I looked him up. Christian Tybring-Gjedde is a member of Norway's Progress Party, their 3rd-largest party. The party describes itself as libertarian, with a foundation in Christian values. They believe in small government, increased policing, reduced public funding for the arts, and are characterized as anti-immigration (from outside Europe, at any rate - they support a ban on hijabs and burkas, for example). So pretty much the Republican Party, to mine American eyes. Tybring-Gjedde in particular has advocated for reducing taxes, reducing public spending, and is known to be anti-immigrant and an 'Islamophobe.'

Nominated by the same dingbat that nominated him in 2018. Outside the right wing echo chamber this is absolutely meaningless. BTW @abradley where did you pick up on this thrilling piece of "news"?

And no, Trump has no chance of winning, he is pretty low on the list of odds. It seems to either be that swedish (?) activist girl or a NZ politician.
OOOOOOH it'd be sooooo awesome if Donny thinks he might win but then loses to Greta :D:D:D

Beats me why they've nominated Jacinda. Apparently she's been getting lots of positive press overseas.

It's like a peace prize for not being an insane right wing nut job. Most of CFC qualifies for that.

At least for a peace prize. I can understand some other prize.

Similar story for Greta.

Beats me why they've nominated Jacinda. Apparently she's been getting lots of positive press overseas.

It's like a peace prize for not being an insane right wing nut job. Most of CFC qualifies for that.

At least for a peace prize. I can understand some other prize.

Similar story for Greta.

The OK Boomer mp girl would have been a more interesting choice :D

The OK Boomer mp girl would have been a more interesting choice :D

Right now she's the best chance the Greens have got of getting back into parliment.

Jacindas so popular she's siphoning a lot of votes off the Greens.

If Chloe wins Auckland Central Greens get back in. On current polling they go out the big problem for the Greens us they always over perform on polling but come up a bit short on Election day.

They're looking at electoral oblivion.

If bomb-them-with-a-smile-and-a-speech Obama could win it, why not the manchild who has been remarkably OK on not starting new wars? (Not he hasn't come close with Iran...probably thanks to Bolton.)

People on the internet love getting sucked into thinking Nobel Peace Prize nominations are anything other than meaningless, and forgetting all the previous times it's been pointed out that pretty much any crank can do it on their own.

Screenshot_20200911-102050_Chrome.jpg

People on the internet love getting sucked into thinking Nobel Peace Prize nominations are anything other than meaningless, and forgetting all the previous times it's been pointed out that pretty much any crank can do it on their own.

View attachment 568783

I don't think the winners mean anything more often than not.

Mostly just a feel good also on the back.

Top Bottom