Trump nominated for Peace Prize.

Be a hoot if they gave it to Jared.

If Obama could, why Trump couldn´t.
Trump deserves serious consideration. Obama never did.

Both Al Gore and Barack Obama were nominated and earned the Nobel Peace Prize.
Nominated yes. Deserved no, on both counts.

Interestingly the famous guy often turns out to be the final winner, the President of the United States is too popular to the world at times, thus has the advantage over other Nobel candidates.
Hence Jared, who has actually done most of the work.

Nominations are more or less given out like candy, and actual winners are sometimes of dubious merit. Hard to derive meaning regardless of whether you like Trump.
I once had a chance to talk with a winner. Past winners are asked for nominations. She said she nominated a person because it would cause an investigation, which would possibly spring the man from prison. It did, but he also won the prize a few years later.

Be a hoot if they gave it to Jared.
Trump would love it.

And what, pray tell, are those?

Feelings, you said.

Will he win it?

Probably not? Nobody likes this guy outside of America, Russia, and isolated pockets of morons living elsewhere.

But I mean, this prize doesn't really mean anything. People like Obama have won it, it doesn't really mean anything anymore. It's a PR stunt.

I did not know that.

But I would make an exception to that general Nobel Prize rule for the peace prize.
Because of secrecies and confidentialities in the realm of war & peace, it takes often many years before we as public know what truly happened.
It's not science where the invention or discovery is in the public realm and known well ahead of all impacts that can be foreseen. It's not like literature where you write books that are published.

Perhaps as of now somebody stopped Trump by disabling a button a while ago... and we will not know about it until such info is freed from secrecy acts.
They made one exception to this recently, where a Nobel laureate was nominated and was voted to win the award, but then he died a day or two before they announced he had won. Due to the tight timing (and the fact that he had won it before he died even if it was unannounced), they went ahead and gave it to him posthumously.

Obviously he won't win (neither will Biden). But it is good pr for preaching to the white-hooded choir. Though not very good when the winner is announced, a month from now, and it isn't Trump.

The KKK desires world peace?

If bomb-them-with-a-smile-and-a-speech Obama could win it, why not the manchild who has been remarkably OK on not starting new wars? (Not he hasn't come close with Iran...probably thanks to Bolton.)

To be fair, they gave him the prize before he dropped bombs all over the place... But they didn't ask for it back either.

Trump can have a award for killing the Republican party

That will only happen - temporarily - if the GOP establishment reverses course on trade and war or the Dems follow Trump's lead.

I would give it posthumous to Stanislav Petrov
Is since long due
A soldier, not a politician, not an intellectual, who stopped singlehanded in all likelyhood a global nuclear disaster in 1983

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanislav_Petrov

Had Petrov reported incoming American missiles, his superiors might have launched an assault against the United States,[2] precipitating a corresponding nuclear response from the United States. Petrov declared the system's indication a false alarm. Later, it was apparent that he was right: no missiles were approaching and the computer detection system was malfunctioning. It was subsequently determined that the false alarm had been created by a rare alignment of sunlight on high-altitude clouds above North Dakota and the Molniya orbits of the satellites, an error later corrected by cross-referencing a geostationary satellite.

Yikes

I once had a chance to talk with a winner. Past winners are asked for nominations. She said she nominated a person because it would cause an investigation, which would possibly spring the man from prison. It did, but he also won the prize a few years later.

Maybe it has value after all then. Time to nominate Assange/Snowden :D.

uhm , you people are aware that Arab monarchies recognizing lsrael is a prelude to American invasion of lran , right ?

Nominator was from the f*ing Progress Party. They're your run of the mill *******s, ultranationalism and climate change denial.

EDIT: I actually didn't know the structure of nomination before. I didn't know everyone in assemblies or governments etc could nominate. I heard about the news before, just didn't know any government nutjob could do whatever.

Last edited:
I'll second that.

The thing is, Trump has genuinely done something impressive.

He's the first mentally handicapped person to be elected into office, which is pretty damn impressive, considering that America just recently elected the first black president. I was hoping we could get this going and elect a woman next, but it looks like we're going to be running into a combo breaker in the fall

Obama got his for his campaign rhetoric alone. I don't think theres many who think he deserved it in the long run. I'd imagine the Nobel Committee feels burned on that one. I know I would.

It's hard to imagine they'd give it to the guy who ramped up drone bombing, increased civilian casualties, rolled back normalizing relations with Cuba, played brinkmanship for a year with NK, missiled a Syrian airbase, talked about being willing to assassinate Assad, increased sanctions and pressure on Venezuela, ordered an assassination on a government official of a sovereign nation and broke the JCPOA. Yeah, a real peaceful guy there.

If you think he's got a shot you're either lying to yourself or an idiot.

Has humanity really horsehocky the bed so hard that he of all people would be considered for an award?

Top Bottom