Tsentom1 Python Wonders

asian palace model + fa men si movie + temple of heaven button :nono:

great job on the python and xml though

Tsentom did the coding work (1/4)
I can make a movie and a corresponding button (2/4)
If you could provide the correct model (1/4)

then 1/4 + 2/4 +1/4 = 4/4 = 1 = one completed excellent ModComp ;)

Thanks everyone

I know its Confucian with a Buddhist movie and a Tao button.

If any of you can/would make better graphics I would be more than appreciative and update everything.

I know at the moment it's kinda a bastard child of the forums, but I have no skill with my own art :/

In fact, in my new version of my mod I use the code for a different wonder, it's just well if you make a wonder involving unit upgrades you make Leonardo's Workshop (which Gir made a great one). Since there was already a 'wonder' in a Civ game that gives random great people, figured I was kinda obligated to give it a go.

The point is for someone to use the code if they want, you can apply it to any wonder. (I'll update this to use a customeevent manager as soon as i work out the bugs when doing so with the random number function - which might actually just be my doing).

At the moment, it's more The School of Eastern Philosophy :lol:

Are you going to put this in your thomas'war mod . I t would be a great addition to your awsome mod

Yeah, It'll go in the next version. Actually, this was supposed to be in before I released it. I'm still working on thing's that didn't make the final cut when I released it early (due to a busy schedule at the moment)

Actually it does, and in my new mod I added the box on left / icon hover over descriptions for all my python based things.

There's already a text tag in the games default SDK that was added with BTS that for some reason few people here seem to know about:

<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PALACE_CHINA_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_SCHOOL_HELP</Help>
<Advisor>NONE</Advisor>

Simply, add the <Help> tag after strategy and you can place whatever text you want in any building / units descriptions. Make sure to include [Icon_Bullet] at the beginning of your new txt to make the description aesthetically fit.

Hope this helps.

Added the Sphinx Wonder, see the download page for details.

Sphinx

A small way anyone can help:

The model I've used is the common one here with the Sphinx on top of an Egyptian temple. Now I've see a version of this model with the Sphinx alone (no temple) but can't seem to find it again. Does anyone have or know where I can find this model? For now I simply edited the height of the nif file, but this is a sloppy fix and causes visual problems when on a hill

Sometimes its really bad and just looks odd. I know it's a minor thing but any help would be appreciated!!

I think you can fix the sphinx by making the base a lot taller, but then it could look a bit strange on regular plains (i.e. tall base).

EDIT: There's probably a proper way to do it, but I don't know how to. :/ Maybe it's in the xml?

Another one:

I'm not a 100% satisfied with the art. There wasn't really anything available so I edited the 'Spinner' unit made by Woodelf. If anyone knows of any model that looks more Tesla like - maybe in some mod - let me know, but for now I think it's a good stand in.

Also the movie is only a still image - as that's the most I know how to do. If anyone has some free time and willing to make a Tesla based movie let me know and I'll add it / credit you.

Also, I changed the School of Confucius building art. It's from the palace files in the Ethnic Citystyle set by GeoModder. I'm not sure if he made all of them himself though.

Top Bottom