1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TSFE test PBEM game!?!

Discussion in 'Civ2 - PBEM Games' started by Tracid00, Dec 17, 2001.

1. SunTzu

SunTzu Hooah Retired Moderator

Well i don't know about that Herr Hitler.
    My sources say the Yanks will put the Arsenal of Democracy into full swing come December.
    I will driv to Berlin and make Eva Brown my personal whench :D

2. academia

academia Master of the Universe

I don´t care; take her.

I have to confess it... my true love is Greta Garbo!!!! :D
    I actually proposed her marriage a few years ago, but she refused. She told me that she was a diva, and he would only marry with a powerful, important man! And being the Führer of Germany, wasn´t enough :(
    That´s why is started this war!!!! I want to impress this woman and gain his love!!! Please, let me conquer Europe (that will really impress her, don´t you think so?)
    That´s ALL I want... Europe!!! :D

Come on guys!!!! It´s the wish of an enamoured man :crazyeye:

3. PinkyGen

PinkyGen Paper copying intern

Truly the words if an insane madman. :lol:

Sorry for being late Sat. had to work and of course see the movie Signs. I highly recommend it.

In Character:
    The battered but resilient Red Army has begun launching local counter-attacks, ambushing and destroying isolated yet densly "stacked" German units. Also, the Red Air Force, flying from bases behind the front lines, destroyed several German bombers before they could return from their bombing missions. (The Soviet Cruiser Krazny Oktubre (Red October) also destroyed land and air forces of weakened German troops outside of Odessa. Ground forces have also counter-attacked, and we note the scared Germans fear for Konigsberg, as they cut the roads to that city. Pillaging roads is a strange way to conduct offensives, unless they expect to be driven back. :)
    Chernovsky, Pinsk, and Kirovgrad are retaken, though civillians tell horror stories of the looting, rapes, and murders committed by Nazi troopers. Technology for advanced planes and tank units have been shared with the British, French, and Swiss scientists. (Morten, I didn't realize you didn't have Mobile Warfare IV, good thing I checked).

Comrade Stalin thanks the Swiss Alliance for their response to the German aggression and honoring the Zurich Pact. Comrade Stalin is especially pleased to learn of the beggining of the liberation of France, and the wishes allies godspeed and dead Fascists.
    He also, proposes, if possible, a live meeting of the grand alliance, and formalization and formal announcement of the alliance.

4. Marko

Marko History lover

France welcomes the Operation Overlord conducted by our allies. "Finally the nazis will be driven back and the French soil will be liberated!" said French Prime Minister Paul Reynaud in his speech for Free French Radio.

General Charles de Gaulle is sent to England to assist British General Staff. The Second Front must survive! :tank:

I didn't get Infantry III, so I had to trade it from Turkey for 900 gold. Please give this money back on your turn as it is urgently needed for French State Budget.

5. Marko

Marko History lover

JULY 1941

Axis conquered Petrozavodsk, Brest-Litovsk, Pinsk, Lvov, Chernovtsy, Kishinev, Odessa and Kirovograd in Soviet Union, Istanbul in Turkey, and Suez and El Arish in Egypt.

Turkey liberated Istanbul.

Allies captured Caen and Abbeville in France.

Soviets liberated Pinsk, Chernovtsy and Kirovograd in Soviet Union.

Attached Files:

6. academia

Mmm... this war is turning into a PARAMOUNT CONCERN for Germany. I mean, in how many fronts am I fighting?
    Let´s see:

FRANCE :soldier:
    The magnificent Werhmatch with the assistance of panzer divisions was able to recover the city of Abbeville. Nevertheless, we don´t want to waste troops on defense. Please, british tea-drinkers come in... try to capture France; you´ll only find dead.

SCANDINAVIA
    Sweden: Do you really want me to invade your country??? Please, don´t lead your people to death. Make up your mind.
    Finland: Those commies are near :cringe:

MIDDLE EAST
    Tel Aviv captured. The glorious Africa Korps will be redirected to the north... to Turkey

TURKEY
    Istambul recaptured. Prepare to die turkish scum :die:

RUSSIA
    :D I love this teather. Here I will find death or glory. Mmm...
    Lvov, Rovno, Chernovtsky, Kirovograd and Dnepropetrovsk captured.

One more time, Germany is ready to fight. I may win, i may lose, but i´ll never surrender!!!!!

Stalin: :beer: This one is for you!!!! 100% PURE GERMAN BEER

:tank:

7. PinkyGen

Trouble!!!!!

I just load the German saved game, and my production has changed in all of my cities. This has just killed my strategy. What happened? I did control-n. I can't play unless this gets solved.

Another question. Outside Pinsk I had troops under a fighter. Those troops are gone, but I don't see any German fighters nearby that could have shot it down.

8. academia

Damn! That´s weird. I assure you that I didn´t attack those units. I remember. There are a bomber and a very damaged tank there.
    In reference to the change in production. Use the "LazyCiv"
    I had the same problem with the last savegame. However i used this program, and trouble fixed.
    Nevertheless, if you want me to repost the savegame, I´ll do it.

9. academia

Yes, this is the situation of Russian troops in my savegame:
    There is a damaged bomber in 84,64
    The other bomber + tank in T34/76 in 92,62
    And a damaged fighter I-16 in 90,74

The other fighters or bombers were destroyed. If you can´t find the fighter who shot it down, it´s because I sacrificed them. You know, two movements without returning to a city/airbase = run out of fuel.
    These are the only airplanes that "I can see" in my savegame.

Anyway, I´m posting the file again:

10. PinkyGen

So you destroyed the fighter in square 90,64 (outside Pinsk)?

Anyways, the production changes have still happened. Factory Complexes have been cancelled. T-34 and I-16 production shifted towards Katyusha's (I don't even have the tech for that I believed), worthless 105mm guns, and worst of all, Red Infantry in my over 100 shield cities.

How do I use the lazyCiv to reverse this?

11. academia

Yes, I remember that. I destroyed that fighter and then a window pop up saying "destroyed 4 units" or something like that. So it seems, that you have tanks or other things in 90,64.

Lazyciv
    I´m posting a winzip file. You´ll find the program and a .txt file with instructions. Just follow them ;)
    What you have to do is go and put lazyciv2 into the scenario folder, and load your savegame prior to the change in the building list. At anytime in the savegame run lazyciv and and save again.

Then, before starting your current savegame (in this case load the nazi1941aug file) while still in the "name, gender, etc" selection run lazyciv2.

12. academia

oops!!
    The zip:

13. PinkyGen

Well, there went that plan. I thought the fighter would have to destroy the tanks.

As for lazyciv, if I understand it correctly, I load my Soviet-saved game, and run lazyciv. Then I run the Allies file when SunTzu finally comes back, and run it again? Is that it?

14. SunTzu

SunTzu Hooah Retired Moderator

i'm back

15. academia

Yes. First you load your last soviet savegame. Select gender, tribe, enter your password; everything. And finally you see the map with the units, cities. Then, you run lazyciv. A small window will pop up, with some options. Click on "Copy"
    Quit the game.
    Then load the allies file; and while you are selecting GENDER choose the option (in the lazyciv window. NEVER close it) "Paste".
    After that, choose you leader name, pasword... go on with the game. OK?
    If you have doubts or problems, just send me a PM or post in this thread.
    Good Luck!:goodjob:

Anyway, the next player will have to deal with this problem. Turkey is next. He´ll have to use Lazyciv to fix it.

16. PinkyGen

Thank you very much you Nazi scum. :D

Oh, Turkey, I don't know if I had Infantry III or not, so can you just offer technology to me in our common struggle against the fascists. :D

17. academia

Morten, i think that it´s your turn to play

18. Field Marshal Klesh

Field Marshal Klesh Klesh Marshal Field

Pinky Gen,

In what turn did you discover the 'Sov Tanks 1' tech, the one leading to Kv's 1 & 2, and T-34/76?

Thanks,
    -FMK.

19. Morten Blaabjerg

Morten Blaabjerg Settler

20. PinkyGen

I forget what turn I discovered mobile warfare II, which I believe is required for T-34's. I don't think I can build KV-1's or KV-2's yet (otherwise I would have built some.) Marko also has the tree so I couldn't progress up the mobile warfare ladder on my own research. I've researched some things, but raised my taxes to pay for factories, now troops, and money to Turkey in exchange for science.