TSK 01 - Eastern Uproar

Okay, Here is my turns.

1.1870BC Worker told to road Irrigated Cow, Rush Granary Only cost 1 person. Reduce Research to 0% I notice that Korea has contact with India.

2.1830BC Kyoto completes Barracks Start Spearman. Osaka completes Granary starts settler. China also has contact with India.

3.1790BC Trade 30 gold for contact with India to Korea. (I should have done this last turn it was only 20 gold then:mad: ) India has nothing, not even pottery.

4.1750BC Tokyo builds warrior, I garrison him and set to build worker.

5. 1725BC Worker to irrigate 3rd cow. Arabia knows mysticism. I trade him (against my better judgement) Horseback Riding, Iron working and 1 gold for Mysticism. Then I trade Mysticism + 60 gold to Korea for Writing. We are now at tech parity with China and Korea.

6. 1700BC Decide to MM Osaka to get settler out 1 turn quicker. change lux slider to 20% to keep people content.

7. 1675 BC NADA

8. 1650BC Osaka produces settler starts another. Kyoto makes Spearman starts another. reduce lux slider to 0%

9. 1625BC Tokyo produces Worker I send him to cow. Worker by Osaka starts road on 3rd cow.

It felt ok. let me know what ya think. The settler is headed for the west. spearman is waitin for him.

goodluck.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Ttsk1___,_1625_BC.SAV

GOT IT.

I'll play AMAP (As Much As Possible) tonight and hopefully post tonight. If not, you'll get a full report, complete with screenies, tomorrow.

Well, here is my stab at a dotmap. We can all pick it apart as we please.
Proposed Order:
Red River, mega BGs
Orange River, Ivory. Arab-stopper.
Blue Claim two Wheats, some overlap.
Purple Silks and horses
Yellow Unknown coastline, some overlap
Green Filler city, overlaps.

This would give us a productive core. If we wanted to be more aggressive, we could try to settle south of Canton, and/or somewhere South right in the face of the Arabs

OK, I didn't see your dotmap before I played, so sorry .:blush:. I think you'll find this an interesting set of turns...

IT
I check out builds, tiles being worked, and diplo. Everything seems fine. Next turn.

1600 BC
I mine the cattle by Tokyo

1550 BC
Worker roads cattle, moves to hook up Iron. This proves to be very important...

1525 BC
Kyoto spear ---> temple. MM osaka so it won't go into disorder next turn. Korea has contact w/ Ottomans, but it's incredibly expensive, so I decline.

1475 BC
Osaka settler ---> settler. Cattle mined, start road.

1425 BC
Cattle roaded, move on to mine BG. Abu demands Writing. I debate what to do, give in or tell him to kiss off? I decide that as the japanese, we take no guff :cool:. I tell him to shove his worthless Alphabet where the sun don't shine and, you guessed it, WAR!

1400 BC
I spent a lot of time on this turn, but I think I chose wisely. I establish an embassy with Wang Kon for 51g. Alliance against Abu and ROP for 7 gpt and all our gold. He wouldn't go any lower. Here we go! Osaka switches from settler to spear, and Kyoto finishes its temple and goes to warrior. Why? Simple. Iron will be hooked up in the beginning of the next player's turn, and that means Swords 'R Us! Palace expands! Hire a taxman in Osaka, and we're at 0 gpt.

1375 BC
Found Edo, start Temple.

1350 BC
Played an extra to even out turns. We're at 4 gpt from war happiness. Our people hunger for battle! Let us give them their food! Fire taxman.

Notes for next player:
Whip a rax in Osaka after Warrior finishes. That way we can upgrade close to the front once our income gets better. Check diplo for any spare change we can pick up CONSTANTLY! Found the new city where the settler is. Good luck, and may the :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer: be with you!

SS:

The Save

Now all I need is some words of wisdom from an uber player such as those in my shrine or anyone with Epic experienc, and I'll be :).
I'll post a tentative dotmap tomorrow.

Eeek!!! That's not my playing style, but I'm here to learn from others so I can't be critical. :)
I personally would have caved to the Arabs, but I'm a builder more than a warmonger. *hehe*

I'm a tad worried you spent so much on the MA, but we'll see how it goes. Interesting set of turns there, yep! :goodjob:

War with the arabs, kind of ironic:). I will keep an eye on this. I hope I did not do anything to cause this. But the gklorious Japanese will be victorious, I Have Confidence!!

Go get em' Betazed!!:)

I've finished my turns. But first a picture signifying a great event :band:

And briefly:-

(a) We are about to connect Ivory.
(b) We have learned Mathematics and Map Making and have discovered the the world is a sphere (Damn! We always thought it was a two dimensional rectangle) :)
(c) We have contact with everybody.
(d) We have settled one more city and have three more workers.
(e) One more settler is on his way to form our horse city.

Also, do you see the ruins of an Arab city :groucho:?

1325 BC: We need to deby the bearded believer his Iron. So I'll try to move my forces south as much as possible and thake that iron hill.

Osaka Warrior -> Worker. {Why was Osaka making warrior? It was our workersettler factory. No point building regular warriors.}

1300: Damn! The beard settled on the Ivory. :( We'll see about that soon. Is heasking for the :hammer: or what.

1275 BC: Osaka Wroker -> Worker.

it: Otto declares war on Korea. He must have had a MA with Arabs.

1250: Iron is connected. :) Time for war. Our capital switches to swordsman.

1225: Nada

1200: Swordsman forms in our capital. I send a sword and a spear towards Basra.

1175 BC: Now Korea has MM. No one else has. So no trade oppurtunity.

1125: Basra destroyed. Now that ivory will be ours. :)

1100: Now both China and Korea has MM. So still no trade oppurunity. :(

1075 BC: What? Now both china and korea have map making and mathematics. How is that possible. They must have got it from Otto with whom we have no contact. This is the worst case scenario. Anyway, I try ot do the best. Some gold spent
and after about 6-7 trades, we have MM, Math, all contacts and we know the whole world map. To recoup some of the gold I sell the WM to everybody for about 70G.

We should try and sell the WM every turn from now. We can make a decent gold with that.

1050 BC: Kagoshima formed. Sold WM for 7 G. A arab archer and warrior is coming towards our settler factory. Sure! Our swordman is polishing his sword for their welcoming party.

1025 BC: Our elite swordsman kills an Arab archer losing one hp.

1000 BC: Our 4hp elite swordsman attacks another archer. Kills him without taking any loss and Tojo is born. :dance:

I played a few turns more than the 10 turns allotted so that I can leave the game in a stable state. This turn is still not finished. Tojo has to be moved to the capital. A sword welcoming party is ready for the archer and the warrior in our territory; do not miss that. We also have a good military production city north west of our capital. It is getting connected to our capital. So in a few turns we can create swords from that too. We really do not need the horses east of our capital, but I guess it will have a good trading value. Also I see the silks. Our women will look gorgeous in their kimonoes.

Before the next player plays his turn, let's hear from everybody on what is the best use of the leader?

Originally posted by Rubberjello

I personally would have caved to the Arabs, but I'm a builder more than a warmonger.

Cave in to a threat. :nono: The honorable japanese will commit harakiri before that.

As you can see looking behind with 20-20 hindsight in this game it almost always pays better to be a war-monger. {In both civ3 and ..... you know the rest. } ;)

Originally posted by betazed

Cave in to a threat. :nono: The honorable japanese will commit harakiri before that.

As you can see looking behind with 20-20 hindsight in this game it almost always pays better to be a war-monger. {In both civ3 and ..... you know the rest. } ;)

Well, that's why I like Succession Games...I need to break out of my comfort zone! :D
You have to admit we were incredibly lucky with Tojo. I've had other games where we didn't get a GL even with 30-40 plus successful attacks with Elite units in early wars.

Since Nick is back in the rotation, he is up next then?

I vote using Tojo for Great Library. Literature should be cropping up any turn now. We'll have to pay a lot for it, but after that, no geek expenses for a long, long time.

Edit***
Bad me again...I forgot to congratulate Beta on a great set of turns! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

You have to admit we were incredibly lucky with Tojo. I've had other games where we didn't get a GL even with 30-40 plus successful attacks with Elite units in early wars.

Yes. However, I have often got an early leader. Even in Bz1 Warfest we had a leader from our very first elite victory. Here it was the second.

EDIT: In fact, after 30 elite victories you only have a 14% chance of not getting a leader. (withtout a HE). With 40 victories that drops to 7%. So you have to incredibly unlucky not to get a leader.

I vote using Tojo for Great Library. Literature should be cropping up any turn now. We'll have to pay a lot for it, but after that, no geek expenses for a long, long time.

I second this.

great library sounds great to me. Very cool we got a gl this early. I too have gone a long time to get any gl's. AWESOME!!

WOW!!! Talk about good luck. I'll download the save, take a full ss, and start dotmapping in a bit. :goodjob: to you, beta!
:hammer::hammer: Go teach Abu a lesson Nick!

Here is a tentative dotmap. Fairly self explanatory. Light blue dot is meant to be on the tile south of Mecca. Osaka should start training settlers so we can raze & replace. On the eastern peninsula, I opted for a dense build so we can use all the fertile land it has to offer.

Here are my 2 cents.

I will definitely go for the pink dot by the ivory as the next city. That will become a productive city soon. It will also be automatically connected and will almost finish our first ring of cities. I will not go for a yellow dots as yet. Rather I would concentrate on getting a city that controls the iron on the hill that is north of the Arabs. We do not want to face Arab swords at all.

Apart from that the dot map looks fine.

And since we are at it. Let's not relent attacking the Arabs till we have taken Mecca. It will probably take something like 10 swords. But we have enough cities to build that fast as long as we don't start losing swords.

Then finally we can all relax and enjoy some sake` that can be made out of the wines near mecca.

By the way I think we should use our cash to upgrade those vet warriors to swordsmen.

Ok, I see the game. Depending on when I have time, I will play it either tonight or early tomorrow. Have we agreed on using Tojo to rush the GL and then setting our science to 0%? We also need to start considering FP location, we'll be getting close to the optimal number of cities very soon with the conquest of Arabia.

Nick, at the moment, no one has Lit ;). So I would recommend the 1 scientist gambit so we definitely get within 40 turns. Once our MA with Korea runs out, pump research. We need lit ASAP to rush GL. The alternative is to make an army so we can build Heroic Epic...

Top Bottom