[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

I was wondering if there is a reason why the Americas are placed in the east instead of the west on the map? I'm wondering if this is done to make it simpler to make an old world only map by cutting and thereby keeping the locations for old world civs and resources. If such a map has been made, I have not been able to find a download link yet.

He's referring to Earth_Giant. Idk who made the map but it wasn't Jifford or DMS, so idk if the answer will be found. Ofc the fact that America's in the east has no actual impact on anything anyway...

I think some people find it annoying because of the arbitrary imperialist view that America is part of the West.

Jk ... but not really.

He's referring to Earth_Giant. Idk who made the map but it wasn't Jifford or DMS, so idk if the answer will be found. Ofc the fact that America's in the east has no actual impact on anything anyway...

Well it might have an impact if one were to edit the map, it may make it easier to remove the Americas in order to make an old world only map. Since the first tile start from the west, one could just copy the starting locations from giant earth for all the old world civs.

My own theory has always been that putting the Americas in the east makes the minimap look better. The Atlantic Ocean has many fewer islands than the Pacific, and by placing the "edge" of the map in the Atlantic, Earth_Giant divides the least amount of settleable land.

i have a huge amount of civs selected for my ynaemp (v. 23) games, but when i actually go to the custom game window and attempt to set up a game under the large earth/huge earth any of the earth maps, the dropdown menu of civs doesn't display any of the civs for selection- just the "random leader" tab. yet when i select the americas or large africa maps, an (incomplete) list of civs for those respective maps is shown. i've compromised and been playing an admittedly less fun north-east asia map with the ainu, tojo's japan, the great qing, and the xiongnu, but does anybody know how i can get all the tsl civs to display in the custom game set up? for reference, when i select set up game, all of the civs are present in the advanced setup selection. running aspyr's civ on a macbook air here, and deselecting some of the civs and clearing the cache haven't helped :/ thank you in advance to anyone who can help sort this out

Are the "Game Pace" and "Difficulty" drop down menus also not giving anything?

If so, put something in Game Pace, like Marathon, or something. That should fix it, assuming I understand what you're saying.

Do the civs support YnAEMP?

i believe so. i've only enabled civs that claim to support it and some of the civs (but not all) appear on some maps but not others.

Are the "Game Pace" and "Difficulty" drop down menus also not giving anything?

If so, put something in Game Pace, like Marathon, or something. That should fix it, assuming I understand what you're saying.

will try, thank you!

first tip didn't end up working unfortunately :(

some screens of the issue

In defines.lua I tried changing up some wonder placements to get more natural wonders in Europe.

Spoiler :
[HUGE_EARTH] = {
["FEATURE_POTOSI"] = {X=35, Y=21},
["FEATURE_MT_SINAI"] = {X=73, Y=46},
["FEATURE_SRI_PADA"] = {X=98, Y=41},
["FEATURE_MT_KAILASH"] = {X=92, Y=51},
["FEATURE_ULURU"] = {X=112, Y=17},
["FEATURE_GEYSER"] = {X=50, Y=72},
["FEATURE_KILIMANJARO"] = {X=63, Y=68},
["FEATURE_CRATER"] = {X=74, Y=59},
["FEATURE_FUJI"] = {X=61, Y=58},
["FEATURE_MESA"] = {X=66, Y=53},
},

However, the wonders that were already on the map but not in the .lua appeared in two places after I did this. As it is now, I can't go crazy with science bonuses in Europe as that would affect the Americas as well. I want to get rid of the North American wonders, what would I need to do?

In defines.lua I tried changing up some wonder placements to get more natural wonders in Europe.

Spoiler :
[HUGE_EARTH] = {
["FEATURE_POTOSI"] = {X=35, Y=21},
["FEATURE_MT_SINAI"] = {X=73, Y=46},
["FEATURE_SRI_PADA"] = {X=98, Y=41},
["FEATURE_MT_KAILASH"] = {X=92, Y=51},
["FEATURE_ULURU"] = {X=112, Y=17},
["FEATURE_GEYSER"] = {X=50, Y=72},
["FEATURE_KILIMANJARO"] = {X=63, Y=68},
["FEATURE_CRATER"] = {X=74, Y=59},
["FEATURE_FUJI"] = {X=61, Y=58},
["FEATURE_MESA"] = {X=66, Y=53},
},

However, the wonders that were already on the map but not in the .lua appeared in two places after I did this. As it is now, I can't go crazy with science bonuses in Europe as that would affect the Americas as well. I want to get rid of the North American wonders, what would I need to do?

Some natural wonders will have been placed in WorldBuilder perhaps, and so the .civ5map file will have to be edited through there to remove them.

So, I've been having trouble with some civs as well.

For example, let's pick MC's Scotland here. I played a game with it on the Europe (Large) map, and it worked fine, the TSL was there, etc.

Then today, I went in to do it, and it wouldn't show up in the civ selection when I chose the "TSL Only" option of the game.

I tried disabling and re-enabling it, but that didn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Top Bottom