[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

well... my bad... wasn't happening last night, but today it is... Was apparently just conflicting with some of the dlc that was showing up/enabled... disabling all of those fixed that.

My only problem now is the menu has no save or load options :)

seems you're using an outdated version of civ5, could you post your Lua log please ? (see troubleshooting section of first post)

Gedemon, thank you so much for this great map! I played as Polynesia (for the first time) on the Giant map. What a blast colonizing the South Pacific, Australia, and Panama! Not to mention warring with the Aztecs and the Incas or sending an expedition to take Mecca and the Arabian oil fields... definitely one of the best games I've played in Civ V.

Some notes:
- even with a fairly hefty system (AMD hexcore, 8G RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870), I started seeing serious video artifacts after turn 200. I reduced my graphics settings to medium and low from high, but ended up just switching to the strategic view to speed things up. Prior to that, I had really been marveling at how beautiful the world was.
- with 22 civilizations fighting it out in the industrial era, turn times got to be really long...

Thanks again for your great work. I found a problem in CivilizationsRequestedResource.xml: some of the references which should be for SONGHAI are actually SHONGHAI. If left as is, Songhai's resource requests are ignored.

thank you for the report, I'll fix it in next version !

Whats the best way to make sure enough resources are distributed? I am having fun, but there are several civs without iron, and it is damn hard to find luxuries. I checked a few boxes dealing with resources. I check all the boxes dealing with resources in my game, the four main ones on the menu list.

Also, Spain did not show up in Spain, and Rome is not in Italy. What I did was pick my own civ, but left the rest random, so my guess is that those two did not get picked. The Danes did though. Oh well, I suppose it is trial and errror. Perhaps it better to choose the civs?

Great map though! However, it does seem my turn times are getting slower, is there any info, or average for turn times late in the game? I have a quad core processor AMD 945, and 8 GB RAM. ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card. I am playing with 22 CS and 22 civs. Thanks for any info or help.

Whats the best way to make sure enough resources are distributed? I am having fun, but there are several civs without iron, and it is damn hard to find luxuries. I checked a few boxes dealing with resources. I check all the boxes dealing with resources in my game, the four main ones on the menu list.

If you play with 22 civs (like I do) and check every resource box then you will be severely limiting the number of resources available. One of the options, "don't scale resources with civs" or something like that makes it so that the script does not consider the massive number of civs that are present when deciding how many resources to place. I've tried a few games with that box checked and in each one I had difficulty with finding luxuries and even some strategic resources. However, without it checked luxuries are usualy easy to come by in most starting positions that I've tried.

as explained by andy52584, leave the "Don't scale resources with players" box unchecked.

Also, Spain did not show up in Spain, and Rome is not in Italy. What I did was pick my own civ, but left the rest random, so my guess is that those two did not get picked. The Danes did though. Oh well, I suppose it is trial and errror. Perhaps it better to choose the civs?
If you have all DLC, the max number of civs on the map is still 22 and you have 24 to choose for. When all are set to random, 2 won't be picked. We'll need the dll SDK to change that.

Until then, you'll have to select those you really want in game.

Great map though! However, it does seem my turn times are getting slower, is there any info, or average for turn times late in the game? I have a quad core processor AMD 945, and 8 GB RAM. ATI Radeon 5770 graphics card. I am playing with 22 CS and 22 civs. Thanks for any info or help.
with all civs, turns are slow in late game, not much we can do about it.

Noob question ahead, but what does the TSL acronym mean with regard to city states please?

Edit: Oh hell, forget I asked, just figured it out, christ I'm a numpty :blush:

Thanks to everyone for all the help and answers to my questions. :)

I think I'll start a new game, and see how it goes.

I can't see the "custom game" option. I am pretty sure the mod is active. When I go to modes I see my DLC mods plus this one. When I go to "MODS' then "Single Player" all I see is "Setup Game" and "Load game".

Any help would be appreciated.

did you enabled it in the mod list ? (see the green circle)
Spoiler :

I'm curious, Gedemon: why do you place Cerro de Potosi via Lua rather than having it on the giant map like some of the other natural wonders? On my first game on that map (playing as Polynesia), I saw it while exploring South America. But when I played my second game as the Inca (and, naturally, feeling greedy about having it all for me :), it wasn't on the map. I played the giant map both times. (I take that back, I just checked, and the game as the Inca was on a huge map which doesn't include Potosi. Still, my original question stands... thx!)

because I think it's a DLC item and I'm not sure that you can load a map containing DLC natural wonder if you don't have the DLC.

So in the Lua the mod check if the Potosi is available before placing it.

Hey Gedemon. I'm starting a story for civ 5 soon, and I plan to use the YnaEMP with it, but the thing is, I need specific city states in the mod. Is it possible that I can make my own selection of city states for this? How would you do this?

that'll require a bit of XML editing.

you can directly edit one of the CS mod for YnAEMP (MinorCivsDefault.xml for the default mod), then add starting position following the "customize" section of first post.

you need to add completly new CS, or just pick some of the existing ones ?

then use the extended mod and just edit MinorCivsExtended.xml, and remove some row, I'll use the very beginning of the file for an example :

Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GameData>
	<MinorCivilizations>
		<Row>
			<ID>0</ID>
			<Type>MINOR_CIV_WARSAW</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_WARSAW</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_WARSAW</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_WARSAW_ADJ</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_WARSAW_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_WHITE</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_MINOR</ArtDefineTag>
			<ArtStyleType>ARTSTYLE_EUROPEAN</ArtStyleType>
			<ArtStylePrefix>EUROPEAN </ArtStylePrefix>
			<ArtStyleSuffix>_EURO</ArtStyleSuffix>
			<MinorCivTrait>MINOR_TRAIT_CULTURED</MinorCivTrait>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>MINOR_CIV_EDINBURGH</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_EDINBURGH</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_EDINBURGH</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_EDINBURGH_ADJ</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_EDINBURGH_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_GRAY</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<MinorCivTrait>MINOR_TRAIT_MILITARISTIC</MinorCivTrait>
		</Row>
		<Row>
			<Type>MINOR_CIV_DUBLIN</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_DUBLIN</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_DUBLIN</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_DUBLIN_ADJ</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_DUBLIN_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_BLUE</DefaultPlayerColor>
		</Row>

[...]

if you want to remove Edinburgh, easy :

Spoiler :
Code:
<GameData>
	<MinorCivilizations>
		<Row>
			<ID>0</ID>
			<Type>MINOR_CIV_WARSAW</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_WARSAW</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_WARSAW</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_WARSAW_ADJ</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_WARSAW_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_WHITE</DefaultPlayerColor>
			<MinorCivTrait>MINOR_TRAIT_CULTURED</MinorCivTrait>
		</Row>
		<Row>
		</Row>

[...]

if you want to remove Warsaw, just know that the first row in that file must always have the <ID>0</ID> tag, so :

Spoiler :
Code:
<GameData>
	<MinorCivilizations>
		<Row>
			<ID>0</ID>
			<Type>MINOR_CIV_EDINBURGH</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_EDINBURGH</Description>
			<ShortDescription>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_EDINBURGH</ShortDescription>
			<Adjective>TXT_KEY_CITYSTATE_EDINBURGH_ADJ</Adjective>
			<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_CIV5_EDINBURGH_TEXT</Civilopedia>
			<DefaultPlayerColor>PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_GRAY</DefaultPlayerColor>
		</Row>
		<Row>
		</Row>

[...]

you just need to remove the rows between the <MinorCivilizations></MinorCivilizations> tags, no need to edit the rest of the file (cityname, flavor, etc..)

Top Bottom