1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by Gedemon, Nov 8, 2010.

1. yogiebere

yogiebere Civilization City Planner

Hi! I love this mod and love Dieter's Europe map but I have one problem with it. There are set up to be way more than 12 civs (Should reflect all middle east and european civs) but its set to only 12. This causes weird things like western europe ends up full of civs and eastern europe is completely empty because none of byzantium, greece, venice and austria get picked in that 12.

Is there a way to play with all of them?

2. householder

householder Lord of the Fleas

Have you used advanced setup to manually add more AI civs? I play with all 43 civs.
    (Well, I did until the last patch broke the trade routes)

3. perilousride

perilousride Chieftain

Never mind, problem fixed.

4. timucin

timucin Chieftain

In my game there are 24(or 25) different playable civs in europe map. Without an updated DLL, playing with 22 civs with no problem. But still there could be couple more playable civs in that map. North-East end of the map is pretty much empty, maybe mongols could be a good addition to that place, shouldnt be far away from their original TSL. And one more civ to the empty space under Carthage, between Askia and Eigypt could be good but cant think of any civ appropriate for there atm. With an updated DLL and at least the addition of Mongols to the map could make playing in europe more awesomer =)

edit: I tried Whoward's 34 civ DLL with gedemon's DLL Leaderfix and so far so good; trade routes and espionage are working. Would prefer updated 43 civ DLL tho.

http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/a0000dba-aff0-41ca-b50f-d0935faa8dd2/mod.html

5. wolfman972

wolfman972 Chieftain

do u have a link on whowards 34 civ? ill play it. 22 is just not enough

6. timucin

timucin Chieftain

Yep, already gave the link at the end of the above post =)

edit: weeeell... found a bug, cant end the turn after finding the world congress, cant make a proposal, cant continue :/

7. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

yea whoward dll doesn't really work with this mod so need to wait.

8. truenarnian

truenarnian Emperor

I just loaded up the Standard World map with Indonesia and it random spawned me. I understand that to mean that this map hasn't been set up for BNW TSL.

Any word on updates? Is this a quick fix someone could take a few minutes to do?

Any help is much appreciated. I need me some Indonesian domination.

9. Uncle Anton

Uncle Anton Lighthorseman

The map was indeed set up for TSL on BNW. The issue is that the Fall Patch has broken things in various ways, I've noticed strange things even playing 22 civs (ie not using the custom 34 or 43 civ DLL)

I'm just guessing but if it was a quick and easy fix I'd have to assume we'd have seen an update.

10. Arcanian

Arcanian Chieftain

Mfw constantiople and Istanbul coexist in peace 3 tiles away from each other

Loving this mod! <3

11. Subotai777

Subotai777 Chieftain

I cant wait for update from Gedemon.How I would like to know programing for this issue :)

12. APCY

APCY Chieftain

When we could hope for an update? :)

And by the way is there no information if developers are planning to create their own earth map with true locations? I would buy it definitely.

13. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

I've downloaded the modded DLL source from GitHub, found the changes (2 files) and reapplied them against the latest BNW (only) source code and recompiled the DLL (with max civs set to 43 not 34). It's attached to this post. You'll need to download and unzip it, then rename it to whatever the BNW (expansion 2) DLL is called in the mod, then finally copy it over the DLL in the mod.

If it works, you're all in luck, if it doesn't then you've not lost anything ;)

14. Subotai777

Subotai777 Chieftain

I place your DLL in Gedemons 34 Civs DLL (for YnAEMP) mod.Is that what you explain to us???

15. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

If by "your" you mean the dll attached in post #1433, then yes.

Make sure you rename it so that it overwrites the "expansion2" dll already in the mod

16. Uncle Anton

Thanks mate.... Awesome. :)

I've backed up existing files and replaced with your hotfix. Will fire it up and report back for Science. :)

17. Uncle Anton

Just loaded up the Save game that I had on when the fall patch/bug hit.

Works!

Now, this is not to say that I might not find other issues... But using the YNAEMP revised DLL provided by whohoward on Hormigas 43 civ map? Spies can be assigned, and trade works.

18. JDR

JDR Chieftain

Nice! Care to give some more detailed info on the name of the file to replace and where to find it? Thanks in advance.

19. Subotai777

Subotai777 Chieftain

Whoward69 can this work also on Gedemons YNAEMP 43 Civs mod???

20. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Dunno, play with neither. All I've done is recompile the DLL from his GitHub as explained in my post above (but for 43 majors not 34), so you'll have to "suck it and see" for anything else.