[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

It should work, but I don't remember of reports in either way.

The installation should be the same as any other mods on Mac, there is a thread in the Mac section.

Hi there!
I've just tried your mod, it seems ace but I've got a problem, when I try to play the giant map it loads, but it becomes immediately like this:

I've got a MacBook Pro with 4 gb of RAM
How could I fix the problem? I'm really keen to play the giant earth map!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 12.50.40.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 12.50.40.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 12.50.45.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-02 at 12.50.45.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 286
your game is updated ?

I am playing your Giant Earth Map and I have a problem.I have conquered almost whole earth and I have problem when I attack city with unit,it takes more than 1 minute to attack start,also time between turns is huge.I am playing on high settings.My computer is:CPU LGA1155 Intel® Core™ i7-3770K, 3.50GHz;Gigabyte
VGA GeForce GTX760 Gigabyte OC 2GB/DDR5,/DVI/HDMI/DP/256bit;Kingston DIMM DDR3 16GB 1600MHz Kingston CL11;Kingston
SSD SATA3 120GB Kingston V300, 450/450MB/s.What is the PROBLEM???

Which other mods are you using ?

When starting a custom game with the Americans using the giant earth map - the "choose production" button in the city build screen is frozen from the start.

This isn't an issue with the few other tribes I selected.

I have other mods installed - but only running TSL Yet (not) another earth maps pack causes the issue.

I get these run time errors in my lua.log

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Spoiler :

[61807.783] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[61808.750] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[62410.961] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[62415.844] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[62421.007] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[62422.583] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[62422.879] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[62423.113] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:380: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)

there is an incompatibility with one of your mod and YnAEMP. Which is strange as this mod does not change the file mentioned in the Lua.log.

try to check your game file integrity on steam first.

then maybe there is an override of a file included in ProductionPopup.lua that is not loaded correctly.

I am using FalconAIDiplomacy and Faster_Aircraft_Animations__v_3 mods,but game is slow.I have problem when I attack city with unit,it takes more than 1 minute to attack start,also time between turns is huge.Please tell me what to do???

Hey Gedemon, my question isn't exactly about this post, but is the only way to download the Leader Fix for Brave New World through Steam?

I don't have a Steam copy of the game, but I did subscribe to your workshop.

there is an incompatibility with one of your mod and YnAEMP. Which is strange as this mod does not change the file mentioned in the Lua.log.

try to check your game file integrity on steam first.

then maybe there is an override of a file included in ProductionPopup.lua that is not loaded correctly.

Thanks for the response. Verifying ran - no issues detected.

I have attached my settings and my MOD list.

Cheers

Spoiler :
Code:
for building in GameInfo.Buildings() do
 		local buildingID = building.ID;
 		if g_IsProductionMode then
 			-- test w/ visible (ie COULD train if ... )
			if city:CanConstruct( buildingID, 0, 1 ) then
				local isDisabled = false;

-- test w/o visible (ie can train right now)
    			if not city:CanConstruct( buildingID ) then
    				isDisabled = true;
				end

local col = 2;
				local thisBuildingClass = GameInfo.BuildingClasses[building.BuildingClass];
				if thisBuildingClass.MaxGlobalInstances > 0 or thisBuildingClass.MaxPlayerInstances > 0 or thisBuildingClass.MaxTeamInstances > 0 then
					col = 3;
				end

if (bGeneratingProduction) then
					strTurnsLeft = L( "TXT_KEY_STR_TURNS", city:GetBuildingProductionTurnsLeft( buildingID ));
				else
					strTurnsLeft = g_strInfiniteTurns;
				end

AddProductionButton( buildingID, building.Description, OrderTypes.ORDER_CONSTRUCT, strTurnsLeft, col, isDisabled );
				if col == 2 then
					numBuildingButtons = numBuildingButtons + 1;
				else
					numWonderButtons = numWonderButtons + 1;
				end
			end
		else

For some reason my Work Boats can't create Fishing Boats over the fish/atoll tile. Is this because of the atoll or is this a bug?

I get these run time errors in my lua.log

Post the full log please, the real problem may be shown earlier in the log.

For some reason my Work Boats can't create Fishing Boats over the fish/atoll tile. Is this because of the atoll or is this a bug?
The atoll maybe.

It's the civ5 placement code that sometimes put Atoll and sea resources on same tile. Nothing you can do about it except enjoy that base tile I guess...

Spoiler :
Code:
for building in GameInfo.Buildings() do
 		local buildingID = building.ID;
 		if g_IsProductionMode then
 			-- test w/ visible (ie COULD train if ... )
			if city:CanConstruct( buildingID, 0, 1 ) then
				local isDisabled = false;

-- test w/o visible (ie can train right now)
    			if not city:CanConstruct( buildingID ) then
    				isDisabled = true;
				end

local col = 2;
				local thisBuildingClass = GameInfo.BuildingClasses[building.BuildingClass];
				if thisBuildingClass.MaxGlobalInstances > 0 or thisBuildingClass.MaxPlayerInstances > 0 or thisBuildingClass.MaxTeamInstances > 0 then
					col = 3;
				end

if (bGeneratingProduction) then
					strTurnsLeft = L( "TXT_KEY_STR_TURNS", city:GetBuildingProductionTurnsLeft( buildingID ));
				else
					strTurnsLeft = g_strInfiniteTurns;
				end

AddProductionButton( buildingID, building.Description, OrderTypes.ORDER_CONSTRUCT, strTurnsLeft, col, isDisabled );
				if col == 2 then
					numBuildingButtons = numBuildingButtons + 1;
				else
					numWonderButtons = numWonderButtons + 1;
				end
			end
		else

That's not the correct version of the file, if you're looking in the "Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\Popups\" folder then your game is outdated.

See attached

thanks.

it confirms it's not coming from YnAEMP.

remove the other mods until you found the one that's creating the issue when being used with YnAEMP, then I'll have a look at it.

Turned out it is one of these - or a combination of all three

Units - Subs Ignore Borders (v.1)
Units - Sub Upgrades (v.1)
Units - Super Carrier (v.1)

Hello Gedemon

I just started playing this game recently and I have been 110% addicted. It helps that there are great mods out there! Thanks for your work

I've been doing some of my own research so I can personally tailor certain mods/maps to my taste. I was going through the "Greatest" earth map - not sure if you support this one or just bundle it in with the rest - but I noticed that the region of "Eastern Europa" is two hexes too short to cover what would be the upperbound of Russia on the map. This enabled silk to be randomly placed near the top of the map even though silk is ruled out for Eastern Europe using the restrict luxury resources to correct geographical region option.

Also - question on how the mod generates the random placement of luxury resources: My assumption is that for each defined region, any allowed resource can appear anywhere in that region? I think I found citrus in what would be France, which makes sense if that area is a part of the defined region of southern Europe. I don't have access to the files at the moment so I can't check. Please confirm/comment

Thank you

I've been doing some of my own research so I can personally tailor certain mods/maps to my taste. I was going through the "Greatest" earth map - not sure if you support this one or just bundle it in with the rest - but I noticed that the region of "Eastern Europa" is two hexes too short to cover what would be the upperbound of Russia on the map. This enabled silk to be randomly placed near the top of the map even though silk is ruled out for Eastern Europe using the restrict luxury resources to correct geographical region option.
thanks, I'll look at that :)

Also - question on how the mod generates the random placement of luxury resources: My assumption is that for each defined region, any allowed resource can appear anywhere in that region?
Correct.

Top Bottom