Tupac02-Ghandi the Conqueror AWE

Great turnset my friend. I like the purple color of Bejing! Victory seems only like a matter of time.

Consider this a got it. Will start playing tonight.

Hit enter

IBT - damaged enemy units out, fresh ones in, same all turnset

1842 - steal Refining from China, start the tech path towards Tanks, fail at planting a spy in Greece, lose 3 cavs clearing units but popp at leader, store leader at New Dacca because I'm not sure what to do with him. Advance SOD too Canton (Chinese)

IBT - Chinese kill 2 cavs in stack

1844 lose 3 infantry clearing, sink Chinese ironclad, start bombing Canton

IBT - lose 1 cav left out from clearing

1846 - Hyderabad riots, hire tax man, bomb Canton, ripe for attack, burn Canton, rush settler to start new city on that spot

IBT - China attacks Pune 2 and kills 1 infantry

1848 - killed Chinese cav and leader outside Pune 2, founded New Delhi 2 where Canton was, get spices hooked up, lose 1 cav on clearing

IBT zzzzz

1850 - pillaging army now in Greece, lose 1 cav clearing, take and capture Samaria (island w/ 2 cities on bottom right corner of map),

IBT - zzzzz

1852 - plant agent in Greece, clearing, move stack near Tientsin (China) and start bombing it

IBT - Greeks and Aztecs want talk, sink Greek ironclad

1854 - burn Tientsin

IBT - zzzzz

1856 - Palace expansion! bomb Hangchow (China) down to 2, redline all MPs and capture it, bomb and raze Boston (China) in same turn, sink 2 Greek irons, steal Steel from China, start bombing Rhodes

IBT - zzzz

1858 - founded New Bombay 2 on ashes of Boston, founded New Madras 2, auto raze Rhodes, capture 2 Greek slaves

IBT - Greeks suicide 2 cavs at New Bangalore 2, China attacks and kills pillaging army

1860 - retreat 2 wounded pillaging cavs back, lose several infantry clearing, move stack towards Persian capital

Post turn - we have made great headway into China, next turnset should wipe out more Chinese cities in the south, Persian capital should go down next turn also, further pushing out the southern front line

Also, we should start hitting Greece next. Save and a pic

[/ATTACH]

roster update

Tupac : still on tour
LBoogie : just played
McLMan : UP
markh : on deck

Sensational stuff guys!!! Wow, I can't believe how much I missed!

I'm back now and will jsut go back into my normal place in the roster, also I have to raise a point.

This is Gandhi the Conqueror our only permitted mode of victory is Conquest, while it is possible to win by other means it is not acceptable. I would suggest that we really can't afford to do much other than raise everything from here on in, maybe a city to acquire a much-needed luxury or something but we are goign to have to be careful about the domination limit. Maybe someone could check how far we are from it?

We've got some leeway with domination yet. Even if we culture fill the empty tiles we'll still have 108 tiles to get before domination. The empty spaces should help our cause, as the AI will undoubtedly build settlers like crazy to try to fill them in. I think empty "killing fields" with a line of cities at choke points would do nicely.

Wow! That's what I call a stack of artillery!

Everything looks good. Hit enter.

IT
Wounded enemy units leave only to be replaced by fresh reinforcements.
A lot of temple builds complete, give new build orders for units (mostly infantry).

Turn 1) 1862 AD
Use artillery to redline defenders in Gordium. Lose a Cav to an infantry unit, but 2 of our infantry units win and Gordium is razed.
Kill what stragglers I can with our contingency forces.

IT
Same as always ... Wounded leave. Fresh reinforcements arrive.

Turn 2) 1864 AD
Artillery focuses on Tyre and her gems. Enemy infantry proves tough to beat in the mountains, even though they're redlined we suffer casualties in attempting to clear them out.

IT
A Chinese ARMY attacks New Bangalore 2 but is defeated by an infantry unit. Don't see many AI armies. Greeks take a crack at the same city with some Cav. A lot of unit builds finish.

Turn 3) 1866 AD
Artillery does a pathetic job with Tyre, but they get the job done in redlining the 2 defenders.

And the Gems are ours.
Pretty successful turn all in all. Also manage to clear most of the enemy units from the mountains.

IT
Tyre is now the focus of the AI's attack. We lose one defender and a wounded infantry. One of our Cavalry sucessfully fights off 4 attackers.
Many of our cities enter 'We love the Mahatma' day since we've now given them gems.
Unit builds complete, more unit builds ordered.

Turn 4) 1868 AD
Clearing out units and organizing attacks on Bactra and Canton.

IT
More of the same.

Turn 5) 1870 AD
Redline everything around. Kill most. Bombard Bactra, bring pop down to one, redline 2 defenders in the city. Canton is a weak city. Easily redline lone musket defender.

IT
It's an Aztec invasion! Montezuma lands a wounded longbow next to Hyderabad 2. Persia lands a Cav on the other side.

Turn 6) 1872 AD
Take care of the invaders.
Bactra will fall next turn.
Up to this point I had forgotten about stealing techs. We have plenty of gold for a safe steal.

And we get sanitation from the Chinese.

IT
Persian and Greek troops make up most of the forces moving into our territory near Tyre.

Turn 7) 1874 AD
More tough fighting in the mountains. If it wasn't for the ability to redline everything around it would be impossible.
I shouldn't have been so bold above. Didn't take any losses at Bactra, but Xeres reinforced and I didn't have sufficient numbers to kill all of the defenders.
I had brought reinforcements to the Island with Troy on it. The city is blockaded by ironclads, and all of the tiles are pillaged. Killed the Infantry defender, but a rifle is backing him up. Not enough artillery firepower to see if he's alone.

IT
Oddly, only 2 Greek infantry show up at Tyre. I had been working on pillaging the rails/roads in the open territory E of Beijing, China had been attacking New Delhi 2 from the SW. It took me a turn or two to realize that it was an interior city, and then I saw the (railed) route S of Beijing. Mao seems intent on stopping me from taking this route from him, as he sends 4 Cavalry after the infantry doing the pillaging.

Turn 8) 1876 AD
We have enough artillery so I dispatch some to begin bombarding Washington. I think this will be a nice choke point to cut off AI support from that peninsula.
Have enough attackers this time.

And Bactra is razed.

Canton is also razed.
Troy is razed this turn as well. (Thought I took a screenshot but apparently didn't)

IT
AI has given up on the Southern region for now. Apparently Beijing 2, New Madras 2, and New Bangalore 2 are the new weak spots as several Cavalry (Greek and Chinese) show up there.

Turn 9) 1878 AD
Move on Sardis and Sidon to rid the world of Xeres and his pain in the butt Cavalry.
Begin attack on Washington with great success. Might fall next turn.

IT
Again, the center of our line is the focus of the AI.

Turn 10) 1880 AD
Clean up units in our territory.

... and we have our choke in the North.
Greatly weaken Sardis but don't have enough attackers in place to take it this turn.
Shore up interior defenses and bring more attackers to Sardis and Sidon.

Post Turnset
We are currently 306 tiles under the domination limit. In the beginning I switched some culture builds to units. At this point I see little need in building anything other than military units. Sardis and Sidon should fall to the next player. With those 2 cities razed, there should be a lot of open space to tempt the AI into building Settlers. Since we're going for conquest time is going to be our biggest opponent. Hopefully things will go quicker for us in the relatively flat land that remains. Research is still at zero and we have plenty of gold to steal a tech, but nobody has anything to steal right now.

*****The Save*****

Woah! Great stuff McLman! Looks like this is just in wrap up mode now,we'll be cutting the time limit a little fine but that will just make things all the more perfect. This game is ours to lose, no question about it guys. Terrific stuff! :goodjob:

0) 1880AD : looks well, as we cannot steal anything I turn on research, maybe we get to tanks

IBT : nothing exciting. Our infantries defend gloriously
Aztecs are still medieval. swordsmen are moving around

1) 1882AD : Sardis falls
Teayo falls
move arties into position to attack cities next round

IBT : nothing

2) 1884AD : Seattle falls and gives us a catapult
Shanghai falls
Sidon falls and the Persians are history

3) 1886AD : Malinalco falls

IBT : a barb warrior attacks one of our cavs and promotes him elite, thank you :)

4) 1888AD : New York falls

5) 1890AD : Tzin... falls
Chengdu falls
Houston falls

6) 1892AD : San Francisco falls
Chicago falls
Tatung falls
The last Aztec city falls and the game is reduced to three

IBT : zzzz

7) 1894AD : Philadelphia falls

8) 1896AD : Buffalo falls

9) 1898AD : Nanking falls
Anyang falls
Atlanta falls
Miami falls

10) 1900AD : Macao falls and China is a one island empire due to my stupid mistake in the beginning

This is what the world looks like now. Due to my dumbness we still have two enemies and we have to research to marines as we can take the Chinese capitol with marines only. Sorry guys.

Woah! Fantastic! We're rolling now. This game won't last much longer. I sincerely doubt if I'll play another meaningful turnset (waiting for marines to research isnt meaningful :lol:

I'll see if i can play today

Pre-flight

Everything looks fantastic! :goodjob: really guys this game has changed so much since I last had it. Its amazing, awesome work!

IBT - Kill a greek ironclad on defence. China lands a cav and greece an infantry alongside samaria

Turn 1 - Move guys into position, fiddle with sliders, get us at 9.1.0 (so no lux required) and still hav combustion in 1 @ +503gpt. Disperse a barb camp... wow these guys are still using warriors... talk about outdated! Kill the guys around samaria

IBT - lose an infantry on a mountain... but he kills 6 greek cavs first. Combustion comes in, set to mass production due in 6 at -253gpt (we have nearly 4000gp tho)

Turn 2 - guys in position, clear like 4 cavs.

IBT - lose an elite ironclad.

Turn 3 - Raze Pharsolos and Thessalonica, found New Calcutta 2 (to claim wines). Yeah, clear some more cavs.

IBT - ok I think greece must be producing 4 cavs a turn because this is the 3rd turn in a row that exactly 4 cavs have ridden into our territory. This time they suicide at New Calcutta 2 though.

Turn 4 - just moving guys, level corinth with artillery fire but still 2 turns till it can be attacked. Kill some infantry n cavs that are lying around for some reason.

IBT - A redlined vet infantry on a hill succesfully defends against 3 infantry and a cav.

Turn 5 - just moving guys again. 3 cities can be attacked in the next 2 turns.

IBT - zzz

Turn 6 - raze corinth and delphi.

IBT - lose a bunch of slaves to a cav that appeared from nowhere and another small group to a barbarian. That showed me...

Turn 7 - 1914, the year of the Great War. Well its been a world war for centuries in this world.
Raze Mycanae and kill a greek leader. Dunno when he got created...

IBT - mass production comes in, set to Amphibious Warfare at 100% science, due in 5

Turn 8 - Raze Hereklaia (sp?) and Sparta

IBT - zzz

Turn 9 - just gettign guys in position

IBT - lose big exposed slave stacks. I would care but... well it really makes no difference at all. There's plenty more where they came from.

Turn 10 - Raze Thermopylae. In position to take or raze athens next turn.

Ok heres a picture of greece

They are down to 4 cities and we can destroy Athens and Argos next turn (at argos the arty can fire and there are 6 cavs in that stack so we might be able to take it next turn, if not then the turn after). marines in 3, so china dead in say 6 turns, just turn off research after marines and rush 8 of them, stick em in a galley and bubye china. Greece shouldnt last any more than 5 more turns as well.

Well guys its been an absolute pleasure playing with you, this has been one of my most enjoyable games!
After a difficult start to the game with lots and lots of jungle, and the fact we were isolated (which maybe proved in our favour) we came back magnificently. The Great Lighthouse was the crux. Once we captured it, we could win. But then we lost it again and I admit I was pretty worried about our ability to reclaim it, but we did it. And then we never looked back.

I have tremendous respect for all of you as players and people. As I said its been an absolute pleasure and I sincerely hope to play with all of you again in the future!

Lets go Lboogie! Bring it home!

Attachments

• Tupac02_1920AD.SAV
    211.6 KB · Views: 75
I hope I can finish it off! Consider this a got it.

tupaclives...how about another succession game???

Something is wrong with the save. I can't open it. If you can repost I can try to play tomorrow evening.

Oh dammit in my haste to post I forgot to zip it first.

Here this should work

Attachments

• Tupac02_1920AD.zip
    199.3 KB · Views: 57
Well my goal is simple, victory by total annihilation!

Hit enter and away we go..

IBT minor Greek bombardment

1922 - Bomb Athens and redline all defenders, lose 2 infantry but raze the city, take 1 artillery, bomb and disperse barb camp. It has been a long time since I attacked barbs with infantry.

Bomb Argos with a few artillery pieces to the north, I'm impatient so I attack, lose 1 cav and raze the city
:ar15:

IBT - Greeks want to talk!

1924 - the people sense victory so there is WLMD all over the place. :worship:, we also get to remodel the mansion with 2 palace expansions, Attack Ephesus, raze it very easily. Amphibious in 1, Greeks are down to 1 city

1926 - Marines are now available, set cities for Marines and transports, disband lots of units as gold is a little low to rush 8 marines and transport

1928 - load up a platoon of 8 marines on a transport and head for final Chinese island

1930 -zzzz

1932 - In position for attack, lose 6 marines and only manage to take out 2 defending infantry :mad: , there seems to be 2 left, no offense to real life marines but they SUCK in this game, get more marines on the way

1934- lose remaining 2 marines without even taking defenders down 1 HP, good news is Chinese move catapult into city allowing units to land

1936 - more marines arrive and perform terribly:cry:, I lose 7 and only take out 1 unit, however I sent another transport and was able to land several units

1938 - I lose 5 units I landed and 1 cav manages to kill rifleman, however, my last remaining marine comes through and takes the city. I was going to raze the city but I decide to keep it as a souvenier! VICTORY IS OURS!
:king: :dance: :beer::goodjob: :D :clap:

A moment of silence for all of our fallen warriors, archers, spears, pikes, WEs, horses, cavs, rifles, infantry, marines, citizens, workers and anyone ese I forgot :salute:

We get a rating of Gandhi the Magnificent and a score of 3964. Sorry put I lost all but the screenshot

View attachment 124526

tupaclives I am up for another one if you want to craft one!

Awesome playing with you all. I have learned so much and feel like a better player. Thanks.

Top Bottom