Tupac02-Ghandi the Conqueror AWE

Great stuff guys! Its been an honour and a privelege (sp?). If you guys are up for it I wouldn't mind starting another game.

If you guys do want to play another game what do you want to do? A new variant? Different difficulty? We'll have a bit of discussion before I start up any new games.

Once again a terrific game you guys its been a LOT of fun playing alongside you all.

I'm up for anything. To tell you the truth I love the AW games. I'm playing normal games now and realize I want to go to war to make things exciting.

I have conquests now so it can be whatever.

Congratulations to all.

Thanks to all of you for a great experience. Never played AW. It's tougher than I thought. You guys carried me most of the way. I hope you'll allow me to play with you guys in the future.

McLman I enjoyed playing with you and all the others as well. I would absolutely play with you in the future. In fact I'm trying to get tupaclives to start a new succession game.

Well if you guys are up for it what about a 5CC? Not necessarily AW, when I started this game I'd never done AW before. I've never done 5CC before so it would be another new experience for me.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I am up for anything. Actually I never played any variants beside AW. I am a horrible trader as I am always too lazy to check the diplo screen regularly. On emperor I do not have many problems with this.
I have another suggestion. What about a NOW-game ? We have to declare war on the first AI we meet and are not allowed to make peace with them. As soon as we have destroyed the first AI we declare war on the second AI we met, etc. We are allowed to trade with the AIs we are not at war with, but no gpt-deals.

I'd be tempted to throw grudge in as well (any civ that declares war on us we may not make peace with) and maybe 8CC (never done XCC before and I love the FP too much to give it up), or 5CC or just Grugdge, NOW. Any ideas about what Civ we want to use? We've shown that even India can win AW so how about using another 'lesser' civ?

Ok after some thinking here's my suggestions. Vanilla if thats ok, I don't have C3C or PTW

Deity (or emp if you guys think it will be too hard)
England
Non-Oscilating War
No specified Victory
Continents
Grudge

Deity (or emp if you guys think it will be too hard)
England
Defiant
Continents (or arch)
Diplomatic Victory
Special Rule: No research once we researched Steel and Refining. (forces us to trade)

Those are my suggestions, i want to know what all of you think before I start a new game

What does defiant as a variant exactly mean ? Does it mean it is a normal game, but we have to reject any demands ?

Level does not matter to me. Emperor is no problem. Deity or Sid I just played in COTMs in C3C. I have not played a deity game in Vanilla, so I have no experience in that.

From Arathon's Guide to Variants said:
Defiant: You must never give in to a demand from an opponent, that is, you always reject demands for tribute. You may never ally, sign a Right of Passage, MPP, or embargo with another civilization. You may never pay for peace (a peace treaty must either be straight-up or the opponent gives a concession to you. A deal where a tech costs 20 gpt normally and you pay 10 gpt for that tech as part of a peace treaty is fine). Any troops on your soil must be given a boot order every turn. No capturing foreign cities or demanding them in diplomacy. No foreign workers merged into existing cities. If an AI razes one of your cities, that civ must be eliminated.

Sounds tough? Trust me it is, Chief Tupacatha's Most Excellent Adventure (link in my sig) was played as Defiant Iroquois on Deity (vanilla) and was a very tough game that actually lasted until the ICBM age.

@Tim Bentley - I know, I read both your attempts at it and thought I might like to give it a whirl myself. If we don't play it as a SG her it might be the next 'Tupac's Tale'.
@Sima - yes, by Tim. Twice, unfortunately both times met with defeat. It would be one hell of a challenge and I'v been thinking about how it could be done.

a NOW game sounds fun to me. My vote is for that. But I'm up for either. The only variant I have ever tried is AW.

I'm not sure about deity. I have never played on that level.

markh said:
Both games sound like a lot of fun.:hammer:

LBoogie ? McLMan ? What about you ?

My plates rather full, but that's never been enough cause to keep me from throwing on another spoonful of something juicy. Defiant sounds like fun.

Ok there are 2 votes for each, as for defiant diplomats tho... re-reading TimBentley's games and I really don't know if it is possible to win a diplo victory like that... well, I'm sure its doable but I don't really like playing for months all the way to the modern era to wind up losing a diplo vote (talk about anti-climax!).

I'll start the game once I get one or two viewpoints on this alternative suggestion.

Tupac04 - Elizabeth the Proud

Emperor (or deity if you guys are up for it)
Defiant
Nationalist (must research nat first in IA, any cities lost must be reclaimed, any civ that razes one of our cities must be destroyed)

If you aren't not interested then I'd suggest the NOW + Grudge option.

And I've made an executive decision, regardless of which variant we choose we are playing as England :p
They are badly (and I mean BADLY) rated as a Civ so we'll just have to show their worth.

Hm, both sound good. I threw a coin and it said I have to vote for the NOW+grudge variant.

Both levels are ok for me.

I'm in for NOW. Whatever level you guys choose I will go along with. tupaclives is right...i've only used england a few times but they royally suck!

Top Bottom