Turn 140 - 230AD

Gingerbread Man

Dark Magus
I opened the save to find GCA offering peace. PEACE!?! I promptly decline.

I also unloaded one pike onto Iceland (the green one). I can get two settlers onto the boat next turn, and get them off the turn after that. See the fireside chat for discussion on what to do.

If it is not wrong in any way, I have re-convened the Shen Ling Settler Factory, Inc. GCA has ONE city left on our continent. After which I would like the Foreign advisor to create a letter to GWT, outlining what the backstabbing B****es have done to us, hopefully convincing them to kill GCA. It is a looooong shot, but worth the attempt.

No RPG story today, I think my turnlog tells a good enough story ;)

Home:

Attachments

• home230ad.jpg
    home230ad.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 110
[21:33] * Now talking in #demogame_CFC_MSDG
[21:33] * Topic is '15,5 * Welcome to Fanatikou - CFC's Chat Room for the
Multisite Demogame * Forum: 4,5http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&f
orumid=93 15,5* Chat Room Security Level: 0,5 Nonfunctional 15,5* Term 4 is
underway, all hail President Gingerbread Man ;) '
[21:33] * Set by Bootstoots on Tue Dec 09 07:14:17
[21:33] <GBM> TC NOW!!!
[21:34] <GBM> well, for whoever is listening...
[21:34] <GBM> which is why I talk to myself in the chatroom :(
[21:34] * GBM greets GBM good evening
[21:35] <GBM> hi GBM, how are you doing?
[21:35] <GBM> fine, and how are you?
[21:35] <GBM> rather dandy myself, isn't that a coincidence?
[21:35] <GBM> it is rather
[21:36] <GBM> Great minds think alike
[21:36] <GBM> Great minds think alike
[21:36] <GBM> haha
[21:36] <GBM> haha
[21:36] <GBM> that's what I said!
[21:36] <GBM> that's what I said!
[21:36] <GBM> jynx!!!
[21:36] <GBM> jynx!!!
[21:37] <GBM> hmm, maybe swearing at CT's autokicker might get something to
respond to me...
[21:39] <GBM> HAHAHA, GCA is offering a peace treaty!!!!!!
[21:39] <GBM> wow, that's really funny, GBM
[21:42] * GBM asks GBM whether we should accept the peace, then is quickly
sent back to his hole
[22:23] <GBM> dang, it's boring talking to oneself
[22:23] <GBM> yeah, I have to agree with you GBM
End of #demogame_CFC_MSDG buffer Thu Dec 18 22:25:29 2003

Attachments

• warzone.jpg
    warzone.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 111
Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
...outlining what the backstabbing B****es have done to us, hopefully convincing them to kill GCA. It is a looooong shot, but worth the attempt.

Well that is very common with the GCers :rolleyes:, They backstabed me and Banned me from both there chatroom and there forums :mad:. If the situation does not ease, Im afraid I would have to report to mongose... ...oh the hell with it, if they come crawling for peace, My answer will be what spy said to me "Umm, how about no".

CivGeneral steps off his soapbox

Interesting. One city...

What are we gonna say to Poly about that city? PoV or whatever it now is...

CGN has issued a request to go within our cultural borders in two turns with their galley. What do you say?

And they have Chivalry now. Shall I talk to them about a price?

Originally posted by Wizard
Interesting. One city...

What are we gonna say to Poly about that city? PoV or whatever it now is...

Just capture there city, I want no Gamecatchers to survive :mad:

CG - I never knew it had gotten THAT nasty. If that ban wasn't a perm-ban, I'd just steer clear of GC. But if they have permbanned you, report it to mongoose. Obviously a cooling off period may be good, but completely BANNING someone from another site simply because they are from another site, would be a BIG no-no.

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
But if they have permbanned you, report it to mongoose. Obviously a cooling off period may be good, but completely BANNING someone from another site simply because they are from another site, would be a BIG no-no.

You better beleve it, They have Perm-banned me!! :mad:. This is going streight to Mongoose. Does he frequent CFC often or would I have to make a thread in the UN forums.

Im still waiting for Mongooses's Email

Originally posted by CivGeneral

You better beleve it, They have Perm-banned me!! :mad:. This is going streight to Mongoose. Does he frequent CFC often or would I have to make a thread in the UN forums.
Just to clarify, they did not ban CG solely because he was from CFC, but that may have been a factor in their decision.

Finally got a chance to look at a save. Here's a few pointers to give us an extra boost:

1. Why did the workers skeedaddle from Yun Qiuling again? If we don't begin irrigating that Flood Plain soon, we may as well pack it in.

2. I also recommend having a worker join Jiang Mapi. The current population is 2 Happy/2 Content so this city can grow at least one more spot without immediate risk.

3. Put an entertainer in Shen Ling and drop the Luxury rate back down to 0%(its currently 20%). The only reason we have the lux rate that high is because of our capital. Fix this problem and we have more to devote to Science. Remember, we could really use Riders just in case anything wierd happens.

4. Switch Shen Ling from Settler to Worker. Even with an entertainer, we can still get the worker in two turns.

5. Switch Xiang Zhou from Worker to Harbor. A worker build there will put this city back to Size 1. With a Harbor(and production is halved), we can then join workers there to use the coastal tiles for extra commerce.

6. I am a bit leary about sending our Settlers to found cities on the front lines until all is rectified. I would rather we secure former Santopia and Lucky Town first.

7. Anyone up for starting an embassy with Poly so that we can investigate PoV? An embassy with Poly would go for around 50g IIRC, and I can't imagine that it would cost very much to investigate a Size 1 city far away from their capital.

8. The big island is still waiting for Settlers, and would help our commerce push for Chivalry.

As you will hopefully see, it all starts with irrigating the tiles at Yun Qiuling. Once those tiles start producing food, that city will be a Settler/Worker factory of our dreams, allowing us to devote other cities to military, libraries and temples.

Also, the more workers we can join to cities that can retain their happiness with the new citizens, the more commerce we can get to devote to our research for Chivalry. These workers should obviously come from abundant food centers like Yun Qiuling.

Finally, let's proceed with caution in our dealings with Apolyton, and not leave ourselves vulnerable even to them. The PoV founding makes me nervous for our future. That's why I want some reassurance with an investigation of that city. Long story short, we are in a position where we should trust no one.

That's all I've got. Thanks! :)

Top Bottom