Turn Discussion Thread I - Turns 1-50

Hmm, IIRC I think that was allowed.... only after paper was discovered? Not sure.

That rule is a bit weird because, one can always describe in detail anyway the layout in terrain to get around it.

Now after we have Oracle in our pocket. Shouldn't we try to identify some more specific mid game goals. I mean I don't mind general guideline that we have, such as explore, settle the middle island, expand etc...

But from the psychological stand point I think it is better to have some specific plan in our sight. For example 8 cities before turn 100 (or something like that), or operation Great Library...

Any thoughts? And also what do you guys actually think about chasing Great Library?

Also did anyone played T47??

Now after we have Oracle in our pocket. Shouldn't we try to identify some more specific mid game goals. I mean I don't mind general guideline that we have, such as explore, settle the middle island, expand etc...

But from the psychological stand point I think it is better to have some specific plan in our sight. For example 8 cities before turn 100 (or something like that), or operation Great Library...

Any thoughts? And also what do you guys actually think about chasing Great Library?

Also did anyone played T47??

According to our plan in the Sandaksten thread, the idea is to get (a) The Pyramids and (b) Expand like crazy to the central island (landmass?) to beat everyone there.

I'm logging in the game now.

Turn 47 - 2120 BC

Here is India. (I later turned research up to 100%, but we still get Monotheism in 4 turns) We generate 29 beakers per turn at 100% research.

One of the fast workers pre-chopped one of the forest tiles.

The capital switched to a worker as it grew to size 4.

Quatronia is still putting no espionage points on us. We have 16 to their 0.

(The capital is at 2/28 for food.)

I was debating if we should get another fast worker out. But since we only have 2 cities so far, and fast workers count as more than a regular worker, I thought it would be better to grow a little more and then 2-pop a granary. That way we can really abuse the food and get more things out faster.

* Edit. Never mind, I guess Snaaty already crunched it out.

Anyhow, I took a look at our current turn. In 2.5 turns from now, we should have enough points vs Carthage to see their demographics. Though this really doesn't help us THAT much until we can actually visually spot their cities. That may take a while, as even if we get boats there, we probably are isolated by ocean tiles. However... we could cheat a little, by making a Flank I trireme through Theo, and then winning a barb-galley battle along the way to take Sentry.

I have a few other issues I"ll take up in the sandbox thread.

Obsolete, you bring a good point about workboats.

I think that our first workboat should go SOUTH to meet Quatronia, rather than north. Quatronia will want open borders with us eventually, so we should create a trade route connection to their cities so that we can get foreign trade routes. As it stands now, if both civilizations have Sailing and open borders, Quatronia is the only one that gains foreign trade routes.

Hmm, seems so silly how the game allows trade routes over ocean, but you can't move any ships over those tiles, not even in war. Rediculous.

Anyhow, I guess as soon as our FW is done, we whip a workboat. Then granary after... unless we already are going to whip the FW... we probably should.

LOL @ Carthage.

That must have been extremely painful on them to switch into their own damned religion. Looks like they've been desperately avoiding that and slavery because they fear the anarchy so much. And for good reason maybe, it seems that one simple turn of anarchy has dropped them right into second last place again.

A lot of good that financial trait does you in anarchy... and they STILL are avoiding slavery... LOL!

LOL @ Carthage.

That must have been extremely painful on them to switch into their own damned religion. Looks like they've been desperately avoiding that and slavery because they fear the anarchy so much. And for good reason maybe, it seems that one simple turn of anarchy has dropped them right into second last place again.

A lot of good that financial trait does you in anarchy... and they STILL are avoiding slavery... LOL!

I wouldn't laugh at them. They know their situation better than we do, and I'm sure they had their reasons.

It sounds like they had multiple food resources, so they are probably trying to raise their happy cap some more for larger cities. That would explain the building of Stonehenge, and I bet they would be very eager to trade for gems.

Close to 3.5 hours left DMOC, you better get back soon :p

Turn 49 - 2040 BC

Bad news guys, I just lost us the game. I clicked on my fast workers and, instead of having them peform their respective duties, I deleted them! :cry:

Spoiler :
Kidding! :lol: :mischief:

The fast worker on the forested hill chopped, while the fast worker on the river chopped. I was careful to cancel their duties since the fast worker on the river has to move right and chop, then move left and chop.

For information regarding our chopping, see the signs on the screenshot.

PS: Our capital isn't even listed in the Top 5 Cities & Wonders screen. :mad:

Top Bottom