1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Turns 175-200

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by 2metraninja, Sep 14, 2013.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I wanted to start the next 25 turns thread with a good news and here they are :)

We are first in score in the game! :woohoo: This is for the first time since the game started :) Lets celebrate this and make it a tendency :goodjob:

2. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Good job. This is great news. On the other hand our diplo probably just got quite a bit harder. We really have to work so we won't end up on the business end of the next dogpile.

3. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

i think if we play good that will be unevitable, we must work not that many to dogpile us.. i think...

4. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

We will start deflecting attention by emphasizing how CivFr has been able to develop while we warred. They're the big threat. Not sure if we could make UCiv a side-trip during the CivFr war (long-shot: we provoke them into declaring war on us during the CivFR war, and then while Poly and CP go after CivFr we take down UCiv before returning to help our allies - I know, I know, it's a pipe dream...) or if they'd have to wait, at which point the debate will be Poly or UCiv.

My biggest question is how loyal we can expect CP to be. Poly certainly will be wanting to go for the win at our expense, as will CivFr. WPC is essentially a non-entity now.

Have I got that right?

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

So that means we are next on the list to be destroyed.

6. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

most likely but will not happen.

7. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Precisely the sort of optimism we need. Let's keep courting those allies.

8. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

But we have to prepare for the worst.

9. 2metraninja

In the next turn our score will drop substantially due to 15-20 grens whips, so we wont be score leader anymore. But those who understand the game know we are serious pretender for the top civ.

10. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

All we can do for now is focus on putting RB out, once we are closer to that goal, and RB is no longer a serious threat, we will be able to see better who is the new top dog. If it is us then we can decide how best to prepare. For now we can't focus on such

11. 2metraninja

It covers a lot of things and I did not knew where to put it, but since it covers our actions as a whole for the near future I decided to put it here:

12. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

This land division discussion has the potential to ruin the alliance. We should probably focus more on capturing as many cities as possible and cheering our allies to keep fighting as hard as they can.

"We can always settle everything later when RB is closer to dead." That is what we must keep reassuring them. MZ is already talking like he is weary of this war and wanting to return to economic growth. As Ot4e said, there is no fair way to divide the land that all will agree on. So just keep telling them that everything will be fair and worked out nice in the end, and just keep fighting until RB is gone.

Then once RB is gone we can postpone the division of spoils again and go after UCiv, then CivFr and so on, always putting off the division of spoils until later. We need to keep the pressure going while they are in a fighting spirit.

13. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

when i opened save cp was asking 50 gold.i granted.so we gave them 50 gold.

14. 2metraninja

Right. The 900 gold we received from CP were 850 gold CP owed to Poly and 50 gold own CP money. I guess this was what they asked for.

15. 2metraninja

Hmm, interesting:

This is about connected with this, which we discussed right yesterday:

Is the desire to be literally one of the winners in the war against RB and thus being spared from the combined 3-way alliance wrath with our standing armies or they see somewhere easy chunk of land and want to take it? Like the 2 island cities RB had?

16. 2metraninja

I asked MZ, but he have no clue either why French declared war to RB.

17. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

I think CivFr just wants some scraps. Similar in Civ III when one AI was beating another, the rest would eventually go after the beaten one.

18. 2metraninja

But what scraps they can hope for? They dont even have a common border with RB! What they imagine - marching trough the whole CP territory and starting to take cities under our noses? I cant imagine this myself.

But thinking more about it, the other French team in the game - Uciv - they were ready to settle our Zulu land which we fought hard for without even hesitating in a blink of an eye... So this might be some common morale amongst French players?

19. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I can think of couple of reasons why they could have DoW'd RB:
    1. They could just be after some XP and GG points.
    2. They could be trying to prevent a Great Person moving freely in their land.
    3. They might want to raze some cities to prevent someone else capturing it.

20. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

They might also have seen CFC, Apolyton, and CP working together, and don't want us three to go after them next? "Look, we're fighting RB too! We're buddies, right?"