Turns 71 - 80: Summary Thread

Turn 72

Didn't realize this last turn, but Alpha wolf can see some Innovian borders. Send him over to investigate.
Innoviaborders0000.JPG
One worker is still building a mine on the gold, the other is beginning a road towards copper city (my suggested location). If anyone wants another location, speak up now!

Cities:
B&O is still working on barracks, due in 28, but growth is very fast (4 turns).
SL unofficially finished stonhenge when I pressed next turn, starting on a settler next (need a consensus on whipping it).
Delhi will finish the warrior in three turns, still with very slow growth.

Research:
Finished Masonry, began on Polytheism in a fairly quick five turns.

Diplo:
Sent an OB offer to Aloha, as requested. We'll see if they accept.

Discussion: Urgent-Copper city site, (partially) whipping settler in SL.
Also renaming Delhi, a name for the copper city, and long-term stuff.

People, post, come on! These turns are crucial and I don't want to make decisions myself.

Units:
Alpha wolf spots an arabian/whateverteam warrior.
Warroirs10800000.JPG
Both workers still on the same tasks.

Cities:
SL finishes Stonhenge (perhaps we should put out an announcement)! Free obelisks in every city and we can see our position on the minimap. Also 2 GPP in SL. SL starts on a settler. Prod/food is maxed out to get it done in seven turns. I also want to whip it some, if I can get approval.
SL10800000.JPG stonhenge0000.JPG
B&O has growth in two with fish online, barracks in 27.
Delhi has growth in 17 but a warrior in three.

Research: Polytheism in four turns at 100%

Diplo: Aloha sent a message back saying they needed to talk amongst the team. I told them to take their time.

Discussion: The same as last, and let's get some going.

Yes, Koondrad needs to announce our achievement.

B&O - as soon as we get organized religion B&O should switch production to 2 buddhist missionaries (won’t take long to produce) and get them to our other cities.

Delhi - should still be renamed to Pennsylvania Ave. or Reading Railroad, I don’t care which. And needs a farm to facilitate early growth, there is a nice grassy plain between the town and freshwater lake. With such slow growth, a granary should be the next item built.

SL - I say build a setter until there is only one turn left, and then whip him to roll production into a library.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140653&stc=1&d=1161227275copper city site.JPG
Copper city placement - I would rather see the copper city build in between the corn and copper. This will give it access to fress water, and a few extra grass tiles allowing it to become a decent cottage town. Of course we would lose one hill, and the city could not act as a conduit for ships crossing the continent, but we could make up for that here; http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140652&stc=1&d=1161227212future city site.JPG

Attachments

• copper city site.JPG
    copper city site.JPG
    335.4 KB · Views: 276
  • future city site.JPG
    future city site.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 285
I see the point, but I don't want it to be completely landlocked. I believe the city should be on the coast. Maybe on top of the copper or below the corn?

Three specific locations have been suggested for our up and coming settler to place roots and grow into a productive part of the Locopotamian Empire. All three spots are within 2 spaces of each other, but the differences are important and will lead to different types of cities down the road, so I’ve listed the pro’s and con’s of each site to help us decide.

All Sites make use of the Corn field and Copper deposit.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=140653&d=1161226981

Site A) North of Copper deposit
:thumbsup: Pro:
-Allows sea units to pass from “Northern Sea” to “Eastern Sea”
-no tundra
-two hills for production
-coastal city, 7 coastal tiles
:thumbdown: Con:
-3 desert tiles
-no fresh water
-6 tiles for cottage placement (5 grass, 1 plains)

Site B) East of Corn field
-freshwater (+2:health:)
-9 tiles for cottage placement (7 grass, 2 plains)
-not an coastal city (no lighthouse here), but three coastal tiles in workable area.
-2 desert tiles
-3 tundra tiles

Site C) South of Corn field
-freshwater (+2:health:)
-9 tiles for cottage placement (7 grass, 2 plain)
-coastal city, 3 workable coastal tiles.
-4 tundra tiles
-one snow tile

My Opinion -
I believe we need to increase our science rate in both the near and mid term game. Site C seems to offer the best location to build a cottage industry.

Attachments

• Demographics 1040 BC.JPG
    Demographics 1040 BC.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 203
Turn 74

Not much going on. Everything the same except one turn less on build, growth, etc.

The only news is that Aloha has agreed to open borders. We might also want to open borders with Innovia, as we know where they are and they don't know where we are.

Agreed on site C for the copper city.

C...................

Turn 75

Alpha wolf moves west and sees more Innovian borders. One worker finishes gold mine, starts grassland farm. The other is making a road to the copper city.
Innovia1000BC0000.JPG

B&O is now size three, with growth in five and a barracks in nine.
SL has a settler in five.
Delhi (forgot to rename) has a mine on the gold hill but is not working it, as it can now grow by using the lake until its borders expand.

Polytheism in two

i say move warrior to next hill to see mexmuim view bonus and have a little peak on horizen

it looks like they have 2 cities maybe 3

Turn 76

The major news of this turn is that Alpha wolf moved onto a forested hill and discovered that Innovia has copper.
innovcopper0000.JPG

Other that that, things are just moving along.

SL has a settler in four.
B&O has a barracks in eight with growth in four. A worker is mining a hill so that it will have an improved tile to use once it grows.
Delhi (forgot to rename again :mad: ) has a warrior in 2 with growth in five.

We will finish Polytheism and start Monotheism next turn, after that I believe we are thinking of sailing, or maybe alphabet after that.

Copper Seems Like they will be building a strong milatary
we should best get some defence prepared just incase for an attacl

very Big Search Partys Then?
and our warrior comeing to them give them some kind of clue where we are

I think our current plan will keep us safe from the threat of evil search parties. however, we do need to start talking about a research path after monotheism. Never got that science thread up. *Hint - Hint*

Turn 77

Polytheism -Monotheism is the news thhis turn. After that just press enter.

As Karhu said, we need discussion on our next tech choice. Any other discussion is also welcome.

ill write it up when i get home i got a class in 14 mins

Turn 78

Major news of this turn is exploration. On the bad side, an Innovian warrio has reached our eastern border, so they now know where we are. However, since we do not have open borders, they don't know much about us. On the good side, Alpha Wolf has discovered an Innovian city, Sinsburg. It is size one and appears to be undefended at the moment.
Sinsburg0000.JPG
edit: anyone know why the screenshot naming thing keeps showing up in my screenshots :mad:

Research is Monotheism in five, though when I have to turn down research next turn (3g, -4gpt) it will add on a turn.

SL has a settler in two.
B&O has a barracks in six with growth in two.
Delhi finished a warrior and started a granary in 60, though the time should go down once the city grows. The granary was per a Karhu suggestion in the second post of this thread and is open to debate.

We'll have to see if we can take the city next turn. doubtful. and they have a warrior at our border.

"Bad"? razing an undefended city? :hmm: I guess TNT set a bad precedent...

Top Bottom