Turnsession 6

We have finished Alphabet, and we can now trade techs.
Spoiler :
Spoiler :
Hatsheput is willing to give Meditation + Masonry for Alphabet.

The city of Arkadia has been founded, and the Arkadian Populist Regime is working on making it a commerce capital:
Spoiler :

Some wonders where built in far away lands:
Spoiler :

We did some good scouting of Spanish our future lands, and it looks damn juicy:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Our cities:

Arete:
Spoiler :

New Giruvegan:
Spoiler :

Edorai:
Spoiler :

Arkadia:
Spoiler :

I'll post some more detailed thoughts about the turnchat and the future tomorrow.

Excellant TC :goodjob:

Great work DF :) On another note, I think we should handle a few interlinked tech trades with Spain and Lincoln, to make sure we got most possible techs from Spain before we declare war, which should be 3 turns from now, state religion and new civics based on negotiated and researched techs.

But now we need to carve out long term platforms for the next Prime Faction election.

Thanks to Provolution and Joe Harker for making sure I wasn't talking to an empty chatroom.

Do we have to give Hatshepsut Alphabet for Masonry+Meditation? In previous games, she was pretty lenient.

We can give HBR to both, that is my recommendation.

I think we should trade HBR with hatty for her tech and hold onto it with lincoln. In a few turns he may just change his mind and let us get IW for it whilst hatty wont be able to give it to him as we know she can't trade just yet.

Great turn session! I am sorry that I could not make it, and I fear that I may not be able to personally attend many of the sessions. What is important is that at least Provo and Joe Harker were also there to help dutch execute the will of the people, being the trust that was given to the Triad, and the honor that the Triad granted to me to run this last session.

I am happy to see that the instructions were carried out and that the session went well. I am also happy to see the format in which the turn session results were portrayed!

It is unfortunate that Hatty already has copper :(

A war with Hatty seems to have been pushed further into the future, unless we prosecute a limited war, with the goal of sacking her dye city and robbing her of some resources.

I agree with trading HBR to Hatty, but with a twist:
If we still want to war with Spain, then let's build up a pillaging and hit and run force. We'll need some axemen to defend the HAs, while we will need several HAs to start taking out Spain's strategic resources. This will require time and planning to make sure we can hit her in at least 3 places at once.

Thoughts?

I agree with trading HBR to Hatty, but with a twist:
If we still want to war with Spain, then let's build up a pillaging and hit and run force. We'll need some axemen to defend the HAs, while we will need several HAs to start taking out Spain's strategic resources. This will require time and planning to make sure we can hit her in at least 3 places at once.

We don't need axemen to support the HAs if we attack now, since Hatty doesn't have hunting yet, so she can't build spearmen. HAs versus axes or archers are pretty decent. So I'm suggesting sending in a pillaging force towards her copper ASAP, and trying to take out Barcelona to give Arkadia some room to grow. Without copper, and with barcelona razed, our pillaging force should be able to contain Hatty until we've got enough city attackers to take Madrid.

I agree with Dutchfire here. We should attack as soon as the Horse Archers are in position to take out the copper and i would hope take a worker as well.

I was also wondering if a new thread can be made with a turn summery recap? To make it easier for players to get a jist of the situation.

We don't need axemen to support the HAs if we attack now, since Hatty doesn't have hunting yet, so she can't build spearmen. HAs versus axes or archers are pretty decent. So I'm suggesting sending in a pillaging force towards her copper ASAP, and trying to take out Barcelona to give Arkadia some room to grow. Without copper, and with barcelona razed, our pillaging force should be able to contain Hatty until we've got enough city attackers to take Madrid.

GOOD POINT!

I will make this part of a thread soon...

I am even more bullish on the pillaging option, based on your assessment, dutch.

Also, dutch, could you start a thread that compiles the above-mentioned (include items from previous posts from this thread also please), that in summary points toward the "current situation" as Blastoid puts it.

Thanks!

Also, dutch, could you start a thread that compiles the above-mentioned (include items from previous posts from this thread also please), that in summary points toward the "current situation" as Blastoid puts it.

Sure, I will (if I remember about it)

Top Bottom