TUT: IMPORT NIF FILE TO 3Ds MAX

asioasioasio said:
Not so easily - still problems with animations - importing animatoin will cause head to shrink or punch. But you can always reanimate your unit.

I've imported napoleon's head yesterday and i'm changing it to mussolini :) - changing the face and cloths and adding cap on head :)

I'm not sure how it works with exporting model to civ4 but i have hope that everything will go fine :) - with brewery was fine so probably it would be also fine with leaderhead :)
Asioasioasio, so you mean we *can* change an existing LH (you're changing Napoleon), but then we would have to create a custom animation for it?

I've noticed that the existing animations work weirdly, but would custom animations in 3Ds Max work? (for LH)?

Thx

Yes you can import any nif models (not only LH in example file there's brewery, watermill and warrior) and change it (some models have problems with textures - i don't know why they are importing with crapped texture) and make again animations if needed :)

Here's Mussolini I want get for WW2 mod (i'll put it also to gfx forum)

and here's Napoleon after plastic surgery with cap on a head (without eagle yet) :) The clothes i'll take from goerge washington cause they are the most simiiliar to cloths that mussolini has on the picture

Of course it's not finished and needs a lot of work to do :)

but for beginner in 3dmax (like me) it's big revolution

i hope it's gonna work :)

:wow: wow! this really looks like it will evolve into something!

You mentioned earlier that we cannot use LH animations the fact that the LH gets messed-up, so the only way is to create new animations?

For your LH of Mussolini, will you create a custom animation for it?

If I just want to remove Cyrus' Crown in 3Ds Max, would I have to create new animations? if not can you please explain how I can use his animations? thanx :)

Tyranausaurus said:
:wow: wow! this really looks like it will evolve into something!

I hope so :)

Tyranausaurus said:
You mentioned earlier that we cannot use LH animations the fact that the LH gets messed-up, so the only way is to create new animations?

For your LH of Mussolini, will you create a custom animation for it?

Yes importing animations to max cause the deformations and everything gets messed-up
Probably i'll animate it (i realy want to but i'm only 3ds max dummie). i'be downloaded tutorial about character rigging and animating so perhaps i'll animate it

Tyranausaurus said:
If I just want to remove Cyrus' Crown in 3Ds Max, would I have to create new animations? if not can you please explain how I can use his animations? thanx :)
Not sure. You should try it
Probably everything could work fine if you won't change the shape of face.
As i said it's more experimental method yet, and i'm not sure how it will work with game animations after removing crown.

We are have very big problem with exporting LeaderHead to civ4. the game doesnt work propery. IT IS BUG. evryting works good without LeadersHeads.

Thanks for the input Asioasioasio :) .

Kodzi, are you saying that there is NO-WAY we can possibly create (or even modify) LHs? All I want to do is get rid of Cyrus' crown, It's okay if I'll have to make new animations. Is this possible?

Yes kodzi have right
game crashes after exporting the face (in menu where you choose leaders)
we don't know why
we tried to export just ball - the same situation
it's something buggy in the game, cause you can import any unit or building to game from 3d max, and with leaderheads is somethin messy. still we don't know what it is

If someone could check it?

Could this thread be stickied maybe? It's an important part of the tools we have for civ4 modding and I'd hate to see it get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks again for pointing it out Rabbit. I wasn't aware it worked completely after reading it several weeks ago.

asioasioasio said:
Yes kodzi have right
game crashes after exporting the face (in menu where you choose leaders)
we don't know why
we tried to export just ball - the same situation
it's something buggy in the game, cause you can import any unit or building to game from 3d max, and with leaderheads is somethin messy. still we don't know what it is

If someone could check it?

MAybe try making it a unit and see what happens?:lol:

with improvments is ok - see first and second post
about units not sure - probably it could be used but with adding new animations
or tweakinf in nifviewer - changing model and use White Rabbit's method to give animations to units - probably it could be working

few days ago i found out what troubles me with leaderheads - the buggy game
the civ4 crashes but not warlords - in warlords new model of leaderhead works fine but it isn't finished yet :)

One super noob question....In the first post it says to download one file, but if you have 3ds max7 it also says to download the next file. :confused: Do I download both since there is a v7 file for the first download or just the second file?

Thanks

it says if you have 3ds max 7 you must download that file so i guess you just download the second one.

The odd thing is that in the first download there are files for 6, 7, and 8. It's enough to boggle my mind.

Thanks. I saw that 1.5 was released after your first post. That might have been the issue.

This is super incredibly awesome. Works like a dream. Nice find guys.

I'm running 3ds Max 8, and it seems that I can't import Nif files. I downloaded the first link.

Top Bottom