Twitch Live Stream: Let's Play Brasilia

So Pete, have you decided which affinity you are going to go down yet? And what load-out?

yeah, he should have no issues getting the game done by launch.

But really, after 3 cumulative hours of live streams, I will probably be committed enough to keep watching even if it keeps going after the game launches...

And who knows, it could turn into a sprawling domination-fest. :lol:

We run video out at 1080p. Are you using "Source" as your streaming quality?

Thanks for your fast response Pete. And the answer is yes I tried both "Source" and "High" in the Twitch feed.

I´m uploading two cropped screenshots from YouTube for comparison, the first one is from MadDjinn's LP, and the second if from one of the Solar Gamer LP's. In MadDjinn's the text is crooked while in the second one the letters are crisp. And both show the resolution used as 1080p.

Does anyone else have this problem, or have found a way to fix it?. Might it be a way to adjust setting in my browser? Thanks for the help guys, I just want to watch the LP's in all its glory!

Attachments

• 2014-09-30_00002.jpg
    2014-09-30_00002.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 2014-09-30_00003.jpg
    2014-09-30_00003.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 358
I'd rather have seen a unit maintenance discount, maybe -10-20% per turn, to get a bigger army in play. I feel like that would have been a stronger and more interesting buff, and it would still scale as the units did... unless there's an obvious reason this wouldn't work that I'm too dumb to think of?

The thing about getting a boost to your army size in a 1 UPT game is that after a certain point the size of your army stops being as important as the quality of your army, since only a certain number of units can fight at a time.

Quality of your army is important at ALL army sizes and all phases of the game.

Thanks for your fast response Pete. And the answer is yes I tried both "Source" and "High" in the Twitch feed.

I´m uploading two cropped screenshots from YouTube for comparison, the first one is from MadDjinn's LP, and the second if from one of the Solar Gamer LP's. In MadDjinn's the text is crooked while in the second one the letters are crisp. And both show the resolution used as 1080p.

Does anyone else have this problem, or have found a way to fix it?. Might it be a way to adjust setting in my browser? Thanks for the help guys, I just want to watch the LP's in all its glory!

I see the difference for sure. I'll talk to the Twitch team and see what we can do to improve image quality for you. Thanks for your patience with us.

I see the difference for sure. I'll talk to the Twitch team and see what we can do to improve image quality for you. Thanks for your patience with us.

Thanks Pete, I too would appreciate improved resolution for Twitch because I watch your videos with my nose from about 2" from the screen to catch all the details and those details really count. :D

Thanks Pete, I too would appreciate improved resolution for Twitch because I watch your videos with my nose from about 2" from the screen to catch all the details and those details really count. :D

I wonder why nobody had pointed it out before, because all official LP's were like that. I was thinking it just might be an issue with my own computer. :confused:

But I'm happy now, hopefully we'll now see Rejinaldo's forces in all it's magnificence!!!

Oh! and thanks Pete! You got love a company who cares so much about it's fandom! :cool:

My problem is that it forces them into a military play style. All other factions have a bonus that's useful no matter what you do. No matter whether your game is peaceful or you're a warmonger, you'll always want to use satellites, trade, spy, expand your borders etc. And the +10%melee is particularly unoriginal.

Not necessarily. It also could allow you to hold on with fewer units because they can protect your territory better.

I might be a bit late, but I have the exact same issue: The video quality is sub-par, the text hard to read. I usually have to pause the videos whenever I wanted to check out the tooltips. No idea what causes this, but it also happens on YouTube (probably because that uses the same data source).

So how evil is Maddjinn anyway in regards to Poor Pete?

It could be the chosen twitch server (some are better than others) or the fact that someone is eating all the bandwidth...

There are also settings for the quality of the stream, though usually based upon bit rate where you have to calculate what converts to a '1080p' level. Youtube will sometimes set a transferred stream to a higher output if it barely crosses the threshold.

So how evil is Maddjinn anyway in regards to Poor Pete?

Quite. :scan:

Is there a link to this? Has it started already?

It's a Thursday stream (tomorrow).

I'm going to have to watch the recording since I have family in cardiac surgery tomorrow AM when this is due to start...hope the recording is up soon afterwards.

What was so special about the map save that Maddjinn gave to Pete?:mischief:

Top Bottom