Sullla's AI Survivor Season Seven - Game 2 Thread

YAAAAAAYYYY!!!

I missed the end

wait is this not over!!!

Ah...I was like what's up with all this nukin'

Wow...Alex's start looks really nice...he's not great but I remember him going nuts on one game last season...i think

Wow...Alex's start looks really nice...he's not great but I remember him going nuts on one game last season...i think
No civs have a plains-cow tile in their BFC's starting ring, tragically.

However, it looks like Justinian has a plains-cow tile 2 squares from his starting. Since that looks like the closest best asset, I'll probably pick him.

Kudos to...

Hannibal, for defying quite possibly the most cramped starting position in recent memory to solo kill three neighbors and build an impressive late-game economy, not to mention devising a first strike doctrine that actually worked to his advantage 🥇

Suryavarman, for knocking out the defending champion and amassing the largest army and nuclear arsenal in the world at great economic cost--wait, that sounds familiar... 🥈

The committee is so disappointed with the general performance in this game that we have decided not to award any further prizes to the AI. In a great break with tradition, we shall instead accord honors to a hominid intelligence:

@Slashninja1467, for a preponderance not merely of picks but also of points in the fantasy game 👑

It just sunk in that Mansa is outta this tourney...ha

Financial and cha did Sury in. No mistake why Hannibal had so many CR3 units. Lincoln gave free training ground to farm xp. Then Sulie starts suiciding units on him too. Early German war didn't help Sulie either.

Sury done over by the won't attack at pleased. Even then his units were pretty much obsolete.

Would Sury of ever caught up with tech even if Augustus had died quickly? Financial trait with so many cities is hard to beat. Sullie built Hannibal so many cottages too.

1100+ units is crazy! Wonder if my early day computer could of ever handled that? Think memory has always been limiting factor for Civ 4.

Hannibal pulled off one of the best performances ever IMO. So cramped for land and had to break out and while he was breaking out he had another AI dogpile on him and he still managed to consolidate then killed 2 more leaders. Very very impressive but not surprising. Fin + Cha is a super strong combo which helped him economically and Hannibal is also a competent military AI. .

I think if Sury finished Augustus earlier he would have dogpiled on Biz (hated him more + way weaker and then he and Han would have had a shared military struggle so no war would happen.

Hannibal pulled off one of the best performances ever IMO. So cramped for land and had to break out and while he was breaking out he had another AI dogpile on him and he still managed to consolidate then killed 2 more leaders. Very very impressive but not surprising. Fin + Cha is a super strong combo which helped him economically and Hannibal is also a competent military AI. .

I think if Sury finished Augustus earlier he would have dogpiled on Biz (hated him more + way weaker and then he and Han would have had a shared military struggle so no war would happen.
It was kind of surprising to see Hannibal win, as I suspect in most 1v1s Hannibal and Lincoln would stalemate due to the latter's land, and there would be pronounced conflict with Suryavarman due to founding different religions. Early success against Lincoln and peace with Suryavarman until the very late game would thus seem unusual. Additionally, I cannot recall off the top of my head, but I think the length of peace in the late game would have eroded the bonus from shared military struggle, especially with all the espionage against Hannibal.

The one time I put go with the flow, Mansa disappoints. At least Lincoln FTD'd. Congrats to Hanny, absolute madman hopped in the space ship and set the world on fire on the way out.

Top Bottom