Twitch Live Stream: Let's Play Brasilia

If they're in surgery they won't know if you're there or not. Find a nearby Starbucks.

Ah, but the rest of the family needs me there to hold their hands. Or they can hold mine. Whatever. But thanks for the thought.

I hope this is just Pete playing. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed Pete's decision making slows down in a big way when he's discussing options with other people.

I hope this is just Pete playing. Maybe it's just me, but I've noticed Pete's decision making slows down in a big way when he's discussing options with other people.

Yes, but when Pete makes decisions by himself, he makes terrible decisions.

But they're quick terrible decisions! I get to learn important life lessons like "don't leave your explorer with low health in miasma at the end of your turn" quickly enough that if a related national catastrophe broke out I could pause the stream, be on the phone to parliament and have everything sorted out in minutes! I just wouldn't be armed with that kind of knowledge if you made the right decisions but too slowly for me to gain this wisdom.

It's important; do the right thing and act rashly quickly.

Yes, but when Pete makes decisions by himself, he makes terrible decisions.

There's an old saying that "A mediocre plan executed NOW is better than the perfect plan executed tomorrow." Maybe you are that kind of general, Pete. ;)

Civ facebook page confirmed that it will be a 3 part series so it will go up to the release of the game.

One thing I'm really hoping to see in this livestream (I know this won't happen this week, but rather on the final of the 3 parts) is how you interact with other factions pursuing victory. If you are purity and someone else has already built the exodus gate, do you conquer them to take it and win for yourself? What happens to the earthling settlers they've already brought? Or are there "team" victories, where exodus gate victory means all purity factions win? Conversely, if you are purity and someone has already built the mindflower and you capture it, can you just dismantle it to stop harmony victory? Can you keep it going and somehow win harmony as a purity faction? And if dismantled, how will the harmony player put it back up again?

50 Mbit line, and the stream looks ugly even in source quality.

So some things I noticed, not sure if they were already known.

1: when you research planetary survey and get the ability for units to embark, unlike civ V units outside your territory do not have to go back into your territory in order for them to gain the ability to embark.

2. Caravan units are universal, in that if a caravan unit is in a coastal city it can either form a sea route or a land route, there is no separate land and sea trade units.

Just some observations, not sure if those were already known.

There are separate trade units for land and sea, Esperr, they're not universal.

Top Bottom