UEFA Cup 2004-05

@Darkness,
What Dell said.

I mean, one person and that would be incredibly lucky. From 0-1 to 5-2 in one half? But when there's a large number of bets on it, as in this case...I don't think it's possible.

15 December 2004
Middlesbrough 3-0 Partizan
Rangers 0-2 Auxerre
GAK 2-0 Alkmaar
Heerenveen 1-0 Beveren
Stuttgart 2-1 Dinamo Zagreb
Villarreal 4-0 Egaleo
Lille 1-0 Sevilla
AEK 0-2 Aachen

All three German clubs have made it through. In the cases of Stuttgart and Schalke that could be expected, but that Aachen would come out on top of AEK and St. Petersburg is a huge sensation.

Hoerenveen overclassed beveren, but couldn't capitalize on it. Now that they're through, I doubt anyone will care.
Pity that AZ lost, for the first time in 19 matches. A classic case of underestimation (by the players, Co would never underestimate his opponent ;) ). But they were through already. I bet they crushed some scottish hopes though. Rangers are out. So much for "the rise of scottish football".

So the Netherlands has 5 (out of 6!) clubs still playing after the winter break. I think that's an all time high.

Shabbaman said:
So the Netherlands has 5 (out of 6!) clubs still playing after the winter break. I think that's an all time high.

It is. They had some nice chart about that of the last 10 years on TV yesterday evening... :)

Standard's getting owned. This is like one of those extremely lopsided Hattrick results.

Is that the end of Hearts too? No Scottish sides in Europe after Christmas. Very sad, if not that surprising.

Newcastle through top of their group :D
Didn't play that well against Sporting tonight, but we have an injury list as long as the wall of China.

But there are some good teams coming in from the Champions League. No English teams though ;)

I'm annoyed by Newcastle not winning. 6000 Souness shares in my Sportdaq portfolio gone to waste.

No team with Titus Bramble as a defensive lynchpin deserves to win any European competition in my opinion, but good luck anyway.

Ah Millwall were the other English UEFA cup participant... Thats why England only has two teams still in the UEFA cup...

Remind me again, how did Millwall qualify?

Losing to Man United in the FA cup final! :D

(I'm guessing you wanted a pleasant reminder)

You forgot the score.
3-0

:p

I was going to post 3-0 but then I wasn't entirely sure... Happened to watch it with an Arsenal fan, was fun. :)

Matchday 5 Results, 12/16/04
Hearts 0-1 Ferencváros
Newcastle 1-1 Sporting
Basel 1-0 Feyenoord
Standard 1-7 Athletic :eek:
Parma 3-2 Besiktas
Club Brugge 1-1 Zaragoza
Utrecht 1-1 Austria
Sochaux 1-0 Panionios

Clubs In Knockout Round

Netherlands
Ajax Amsterdam
AZ Alkmaar
Feyemoord
Heerenveen

Spain
Valencia
Sevilla
Villareal
Real Zaragoza
Athletic Bilbao

Ukraine
Shakhtar Donetsk
Dynamo Kiev
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk

Greece
Panathinaikos
Olympiakos Piraeus

England
Newcastle Utd.
Middlesbrough

Russia
CSKA Moscow

Turkey
Fenerbahçe

Germany
Schalke 04
VfB Stuttgart
Alemannia Aachen

Romania
Steaua Bucharest

Portugal
Benfica
Sporting Lisbon

Serbia & Montenegro
Partizan Belgrade

France
Lille
Auxerre
Sochaux

Austria
Graz AK
Austria Vienna

Switzerland
Basel

Italy
Parma

Looks like Spain has 7 clubs playing after the break (out of 8) so I don't see what the big deal is about the Netherlands...

Spain would be expected to get all their teams through and also to have more in the champions league. Yet instead Deportivo are out completely and Valencia have been demoted...

Gotcha, but the Netherlands isn't exactly weak when it comes to football either, but still, good results from them.

Top Bottom